Giant AC 1 2003 Full Suspension

[Apr 26, 2014]
Elmo Shulman

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong Frame, Great front & rear shocks, well balanced

A little heavy

This is the first big money bike I've ever owned and I can tell you there is a huge difference between a bike like this and something you buy at Walmart. Everything on the bike has been carefully engineered, the frame is strong, the finish is stunning and the welds looks perfect.

The bike is heavier than I'm used to, but it rides like a much lighter bike. I've owned this bike for over 6 years now and subjected it to every type of torture you can imagine. I've done absolutely NOTHING to it except replace a couple of tire tubes. Not even so much as a tune-up.

As a result of owning a high end bike like this, I've gained so much confidence I've become a MUCH improved rider. I tackle things on this bike now I would have never attempted on any of my previous bikes. Bike riding is fun again!

This bike is capable of tackling 99% of whatever you throw at it.......except hill climbing. Like I said, it is heavier than a hardtail bike.

You don't see them very often on CraigsList as owners tend to hang onto them forever. They're just that good. If I ever find another one, I plan on buying one for my wife.

Bridgestone, TREK

[Sep 26, 2008]
kikkomon

OVERALL
Strength:

a bike is a bike ...

N/A

my first mountain bike and i love it .paid $700.00 and $150 for new chain sprockets and cassettes and now a new rear shock from fox another $250 still i think its worth it. im making this bike the way i want it for a lil extra.
but i ride everyday at least 10 miles .

N/A

[Jul 07, 2003]
Lloyd

OVERALL
Strength:

almost nothing you can go up the hills just fine and the downhills you can bomb, this bike is awsesome

weak paint, tubless tires loose air to fast and its almost imposible to get them off the rim, the stock seat post just dosnt work good

if you dont have a chair lift this is the best bike you could buy

specialized big hit comp

[Jun 30, 2003]
Tyrone Douglas

OVERALL
Strength:

Totally gnarly bike for the money! this baby cruises down big downhills and is easy enough to ride around normally without killing you.

paint is a bit puss, got on with my raptor knee guards and scratched the s.h.i.t out of the top tube , pretty poor, needs to be thickeer paint and more of it though nuthin a few fox stikers and s h i t cant cover! had a bit of trouble on the fireflys on the 2nd week teh travel adjust stopped working but i fixed it up all good ....hopefullly!

i got the bike helllll cheap at $3300 AUS dollars (dunno wat that is in other places, to lazy to work out) but this thing is the bomb it rocks, i jumped off a nice big rock garden and it just landed perfect! front forks are aweosme soooooo smoothe and plush , tho im gonna put some heavier weight oil in cus i rekon they TOO soft even with compression fully upon front, rear shock is awsome SPV mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm , tires grip like s.h.i.t stains to a carpet which can be good and bad,. bottom line this is my first dualy and i love this bike the brakes are aweosme every things pretty much perfecto, great for down hills good for xc , and good jumper, sweet allrounder.... THIS BIKE IS FAT TO THE MAX, (dam website makin me cut out swear words!!!)

umm first dualy for me ,have an avanti agressor

[Aug 24, 2003]
Rich

OVERALL
Strength:

I have been riding the AC 1 since Febuary and I have updated the following: Extra firm spring for the Sherman and SPD 959..What a difference in ride going to the X-firm springs on the Firfly. I weight approx 200 lbs and if you are an aggressive rider make the change. You'll be happy you did.

Weight. I wouldn,t say it is a weakness but it could be lighter for the way I use the AC for.
I do a lot of long climbs and a lot of hairy downhill/single track riding (I do not do freeride type jumps and drops). I am considering changing the rims and buying a pair of Mavic crossmax XL w/ the 20mm front hub). Just a way to lighten the uphill load a bit.

I love the bike !! Many people tell me if You want to make bike lighter, sell the AC 1 and buy an VT or an Enduro or a heckler. Believe me. I've ridden the other bikes down hill and the AC is so much smoother. Once the new Mavic are on it will be the ultimate. The Sherman and the SPV are the best.

Heckler, Bullit, Enduro and Giant VT.

[Jun 19, 2003]
bob dole

OVERALL
Strength:

This bike rocks taco stand.

easy to set up, this bike flows. done hucks didn't bottom out shock.

specalized enduro

[Jun 15, 2003]
Dan Kochanek

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong frame, no flex in forks. Last years forks flexed to much.

Manitou, all.

Can't wait to ride it on a real downhill. Urban's are the best in the chicago area. Not alot of North-Shore stuff here. Challenge Park is about the only one. Also looking at the V-10 frame.

02 AC-1 but was stolen. Hope there hit by a car.

[Apr 07, 2006]
Sean Thompson

OVERALL
Strength:

The best components for the the price. Nothing ever broke on it.

A good bike for every trail. Very sturdy adn burly.

kona stinky

[May 30, 2003]
Kevin

OVERALL
Strength:

Pedals very efficiently for the size and weight, Manitou Swinger!!!!and Sherman both work great. Can take big hits but doesn't kill you riding uphill

Its a little heavy and tubeless tires lose air quickly

This bike has done exactly what I bought it for. I sold my DH bike and had my XC bike stolen, so I bought this to replace both. Im a little slower on the climbs when i ride with pure XC people, but can blow them away on the Downhills and can ride sections that others walk. The bike definately pedals super-efficient for over 6 inches of travel and can still take big hits

Bullit, Azonic Eliminator, VT-1, 4-banger, Big Hit, multiple XC bikes

[May 26, 2003]
Jon

OVERALL
Strength:

EVERYTHING!! IT DOES EVERYTHING.I CAN GO FROM DOING 18 FOOTERS, TO RIDING MY FAVORITE XC TRAIL. THE FRAME IS AWSOME AND THE SWINGER 6-WAY IS INCREDIBALE.

NONE

THE BIKE MATCHES IT NAME ALL CONDITION IT DOES EVERY THING AND ANY THING YOU WANT. AS A FREERIDER IT IS VERY LIGHT AND NIMBLE. BUT TAKES EXTREME LANDINGS LIKE A 45Lb.RM-9. BUT WILL CLIMB LIKE A HARDTAIL.

02 AC AIR, BULLIT, GEMINI, AND A RM9

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.