Marzocchi Super T Pro 2003 Front Shocks

- Integrated Fender [option]

[Apr 04, 2019]
Dietrich

OVERALL
Strength:

Nearly indestructible, good adjustment range, stiff.

None so far.

Purchased:
Used
Model Year:
2003
[Apr 11, 2006]
Steven

OVERALL
Strength:

buttery blush, and exellent compression, also the hscv cartridges are relativly easy to use and work on, light for such a well built dc fork. These soak up the small stuff well and take large hits good too.

more adjustments would've been nice

Great forks for all applications...'cept xc..., takes small hits no problem, no lateral flex, have bottomed out on 12 footer(i have medium springs in it, and only weigh 140) i dont know what the bozo jt below is talking about, the stantions are strong as hell on mine, no scratches or dents after some strong hits, so i have no regrets whatso ever about this fork, an exellent buy, and i would recomend to anyone, espically if you fide boxxers right now, i like these waaayyy better.

boxxer race

[May 30, 2003]
Shawn Brandon

OVERALL
Strength:

Fork is plush and super stiff, integrated stem is awesome and really looks good to. QR 20mm axel is really cool and easy to use.

Comes with really soft springs, and needed oil added because fork was bottoming out on big stuff.

This fork rocks, I had A 2002 shiver and really liked it alot but it was just a little to heavey for the ridding I was doing. This fork looks good and is super easy to work on. X-Firm springs and 15 weight oil and this fork will take anything you can dish out. So far i am very happy with this fork and look forward to ridding it some more. You can't beat the price.

White Brothers DH2, Risse Trixxy, and Shiver.

[May 22, 2003]
Dave

OVERALL
Strength:

Very plush, strong, light weight, all around kicks ass!

If you're a heavier rider like myself(210lbs) you will need to upgrade the springs and/or oil. I ride very aggresively. I hit many drops and jumps and it loves it!

Buy this fork if your looking to beat the snot out of your DH/Freeride rig and not have to worry about the fork. I ride anything and never have to think twice about my Super T ever. The durablity of this fork is unsurpassed by any other company. "Marzocchi for life!"

NONE, the boxxer is junk

[May 16, 2003]
kern barta

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, light, durable, very smooth. Integrated stem. Springs are perfect for me at 140 lbs. I don't huck though. This is my 4th marz. DC and the first I haven't ordered softer springs on.

Can't adjust head angle because lower crown is cryo-fit. Tire clearance is not an issue for me, never run more than 2.5. Travel should be full 175mm instead of claimed 170mm, and people tell me is actually even less. But, I haven't bottomed out yet.

Compared to my 01 monster the travel feels more plush. The tire sticks to the trail better. Don't know if it's the unsprung weight improvment or damping, but the super t is better. It does feel less rigid torsionally, but so far I don't notice any difference in tracking through the rock gardens. At 2.5 lbs. lighter, the super is way faster in and out of corners and through quick "S". Finally, dropping from 46ish to 44ish lbs. helps a little on the climbs and in fact with the 5th E and the rohloff climbing is not a big deal any more.

00 Mr T, 01 Super T, 01 Monster

[Jul 02, 2007]
Jonathan Lafontaine

OVERALL
Strength:

Well they soak everything, it feels like riding a sponge! they look good and feel strong and have great control.

I find them a bit easy to bottom out but no worries this fork is worth it!

Great fork i gave lots of fun with it and when i need to do seriouse business it backs me up on that!

Stance kingpin..just joking lol....Um Sherman slider!

[Jan 30, 2007]
Sean

OVERALL
Strength:

Awesome plush and soft suspension!!!!! It takes literally every freakin bump, rut, whole watever!!! Rebound is really easy to set and really effective too!!

Just a lil heavy, but totally worth it.

They're really great forks, despite the fact that they're a little on the heavy side. But it is well woth your money.

Dirt jumper Pro, Rock Shox team

[Feb 08, 2003]
Ed

OVERALL
Strength:

This fork is stiff and super smooooooth. It took about two days to brake in.

None except for the fact that I lost my preload adjuster knob.

This fork kicks ass and is well worth the money. The only change that I made was the oil weight.

[Apr 21, 2004]
Scott

OVERALL
Strength:

Wonderfully stiff and plush. Not really all that bad to pedal uphill either.

? I haven't found anything to whine about yet.

This fork truly is the nutts. I scraped the Z1 that came stock on my Stinky for a Jr.-T several years ago, and that was a nice upgrade, but the Super-T is definetly in another league than the Jr. The Jr-T is a wobbly wet noodle compared to the Super. I've beeen doing fast 4 foot to flat drops without any problems, so maybe the complaints about oil/spring weights depends on the indivdual forks. I believe that Jenson still has them for $550, and I would STRONGLY encourage any Jr.-T owners to fork out the cash (pun intended) and buy the Super. I can't spray enough about the difference. The QR-20 works great, and the 20mm axle makes a HUGE difference over a standard 12mm QR. Go buy one.

Zoke Jr.-T, Zoke wedge (crap), Fox Vanilla RL

[Feb 14, 2003]
Zane Longden

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff as I've ever felt, 32mm sanctions and the "monolight" one-piece arch are all the differences in the world, QR20 Pro system is "confidence inspiring" with its burlyness. The integrated direct mount stem (idiot-proof) and the metallic silver color is the shiznat

None yet, oil height was a bit low, but that was fixed after a ride or two... Oh yeah, the infamous tire clearance issue, it is TOO small, Zoke needs to address this issue, it is the ONLY weakness in the new redesigned 03 lineup

First off, this is my first dual crown fork, I upgraded from a 5" SC Zoke (see above). This fork along with the 24" wheel I put on the rear of my Stinky made my bike big hit capable! The geometry is perfect, I am doing larger drops than I thought I ever could (or would!)
Wow, this fork is so ultra-stiff. The first thing I noticed with this beast is how much faster you get through the rough stuff! Just point, keep cranking the pedals and shoot it! Very stable and the tuning capabilities are enough to handle your urban junts over to 7-11 or a session at the local drop park. THE BOTTOM LINE: The stiffness means more predictability which means more confidence in your runs.
As for the tire clearance, as several other reviews of the 03 Super-T Pro said, Just throw on a 2.6 Gazz and go... 5 stars and 5 stars, I highly recommended to anyone with a little bit of psycho in them(you know who you are) -- get one while you can

01 Zoke Z1 MCR (130mm)
Rock Shoxs so-called suspension forks

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.