Pearl Izumi Attack Socks

The Pearl Izumi Attack Sock features their traditional cuff height with fast drying SELECT Transfer yarns, flat toe seam construction, and top of foot ventilation for exceptional performance and dry comfort.

[Jun 05, 2014]
h_daddy

OVERALL
Strength:

comfortable, breathable.

Durability

Like all things PI that I have owned, these socks fit and functioned like a dream for about five rides. Then they started to fall apart. I bought them in a three pack and after 20 or so rides, I'm down to my last hole-decorated pair. I have only used them for biking, and I don't dismount and hike any more than a few meters now and then. I can say the same for a pair of PI gloves and Shorts.
Save your money and buy some DeFeet Aireators.

[May 17, 2011]
stumblemumble

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice material

Square toe box

I must have gotten a bad batch. I bought two pair and they're terrible. The toe box is square! I can't even wear them in my regular shoes let alone Sidis. There's a big junk of extra material BOTH by the big toe and little toe. Very uncomfortable.
I'll give them 2 chillis assuming I got a bad batch, but make sure you try them on first.

Smartwool, coolmax

[May 15, 2003]
Rob Fox

OVERALL
Strength:

The attack sock rules that funky spot in between your sweaty feet and a sometimes not so comfy insole/shoe. Whoever figure out this blend of materials hit it right on the money. Its weird how cotton, which is usually frowned upon in performance sock construction, actually makes this sock that much better than all the others. The sock does not become damp. But, instead dries while in use keeping the feet comfy, happy and most importantly - blister free.

Wear along the achilles area

Blisters or abrasion problems? Use these socks.

Defeet, Wright sock, Other Pearl Izumi models

[Aug 17, 2006]
Gennaro Salamone

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit snugly, don't move around at all while riding, keep my feet relatively dry (compared to standard cotton socks)

It wicks away the sweat from my feet but it makes my shoes soggy.

I like the socks. They are durable and stay tight for the entire ride.

I don't have much to say about their "cooling/wicking" ability since I havent tried many biker socks.

[Aug 01, 2003]
Chris

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, breatheable, no frills design

These socks rock. In the heat of the AZ summer, they allow my feet to breath, wick away moisture, and provide a level of comfort I've not found in other socks. They're simple black and white socks without the crazy designs, logos, etc. you'll find on other "performance" biking socks. They come in sizes to fit most any foot, don't feel bulky, and have maintained their elasticity after dozens of washings. Can't ask for much more from a simple sock.

Asics, Various "athletic" socks

[Apr 22, 2002]
Matt

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort, Quality, Colors.

I have 4 pairs of these socks and I love them, I wear them in an everyday capacity and they are great. I wear a size 13 shoe and they even feel comfortable on a big a-- foot like mine.

AXO Socks.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.