DeFeet Air-E-Ator Socks

Best Price At

DeFeet built the AirEator Bike Sock with such low bulk that you might forget you have it on. A close fit supports your foot in every direction and a mesh-like knit enhances airflow. No padding means no water or sweat absorption and super-fast dry time. Pro athletes rely on the AirEator sock for direct power transfer to their shoe and ultralight weight.

[Mar 21, 2010]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit was not bad

didn't last 3 hours

tested them for less then an hour with easy ride and decided to use them in 40 km race. (normale i don't wear specific cycle socks)
After race I got already toe whole and other sock doesn't look like it's going to last much longer either.
Read this also in one of the last reviews and spent now my time to warn people not to waist there money on these socks!

almost all wear socks regular

[Jun 09, 2008]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

comfortable breath well, there are deals to be had on these socks if you know where to look.

the new ones might not be as good as the older ones. Others have said, "they don't make them like the used to".

If you can pick these socks up for around 6 dollors a pair, it is a good deal. Some of my older ones have worn much better than some of the newer. The material can vary depending on the sock and design. Find an online retailer, and don't pay to much. I bought a bunch at the interbike show for 5 a pair. As I write this review I'm able to find them for 6.08 a pair plus shipping. Spend some big bucks online, and don't leave out the socks. Heck, if you're already paying for shipping on a large item, socks won't add to the freight.

sock guy etc

[Jun 20, 2007]
Chest Rockwell

OVERALL
Strength:

Best rags I have ever used

Worst socks I have ever tried

After 2 rides I got a toe hole. Maybe that's how they are supposed to function though, the longer that you ride, the more holes acquired, the better the ventilation. No? I'm sticking with Smartwools, way more comfy, way more value. But if I run out of quality $7 rags, I've got the hook-up.

SmartWools, Feetures

[Feb 03, 2002]
Zach

OVERALL
Strength:

really cool sayings

nothing else matters

nothing

nothing

[Jan 22, 2002]
Sprocketeer

OVERALL
Strength:

Strengths? "Strengths" is the key word here. I've worn my Trek Team Voltswagon socks on every ride, washed them a lot, and I swear I could put them back on the rack in the bike shop and no one would know the difference. They haven't faded at all, and wear is negligible. These are some Arnold Schwarzenager socks. "Put your feet in the air, and wave 'em like ya just don't care!"

They don't actually "eat air." As a matter of fact, air passes right through them without a scratch, as well as moisture. I'm being sarcastic of course, but hey, I'm from New York--forget about it!

Convention tells me I should recommend you buy at least two pairs, especially if your married--I'm not, by the way--but really one pair would do you fine if you're only wearing them for cycling. The reason is, these socks don't gather sweat at all, and dirt hardly at all--unless you're using them as shoes. I ride at least four days a week and, honestly, I only wash these socks every once in a while because they pass the sniff test every time. I've never experienced them getting squishy with sweat as every other pair of socks I've ever owned has. If I ever had to replace them, probably as the result of theft!, I'd easily pay double the price for a new pair of the exact same ones.

I have been wearing socks all my life; all kinds of socks for all kinds of heavy duty endurance sports and pretty much abusing them as only a good pair of work boots should be. I am the great destroyer of socks, the beginning and the end, the alpha and the omega. If socks could talk, they'd call me Satan. "And he took off his shoes and said, "Behold! I have become Death (to socks)!"" I PITY the socks that try to stay in one piece on my feet!

[Oct 19, 2002]
Glenn Vernes

OVERALL
Strength:

Last a long time

Hard to get them without dorky graphics, sayings on them.

These are the best socks. They're the only socks that don't get toe holes in them after a few rides. I've had a pair for 4 years, they only wore out because I had to walk out of the woods when my bike broke. The friction of rubbing against my shoes wore holes in the heels.

The only drawback is that they're hard to find without these dorky graphics like rockets or humping rabbits. However, you can buy them from Performance with only the DeFeet logo.

[Jan 04, 2002]
Scott

OVERALL
Strength:

fit, comfort, wickability =)

durability (kinda)

the best sock out there. I wear them as my everyday sock and also to play hockey and Ultimate (and football, and ...) --Which brings up the durability issue: I wear holes in the heels, but I'm doing whay more than biking in them. They're great for any sport that your feet will sweat ... hmm, that's all of em =)

Well worth the dough...

Pearl Izumi

[Nov 21, 2001]
Jon

OVERALL
Strength:

Great look, cool feet

Lack of longevity

These socks look and feel great but I started to form holes in most of my socks. My feet were dry in the hot FLA sun but my socks got plenty of compliments from the spectators.

[Aug 05, 2006]
Nathan F.

OVERALL
Strength:

Great fit and keeps my small feet cool!

NONE!

What can I say about a pair of socks that I have owned many different designs (before the fire and afterwords). They fit great on my small feet and keep my feet dry!
I have used DeFeet for well over 10 years now (back when I lived in NC & SC - that is how I learned about DeFeet). I even use them as a daily sock! People comment and love the graphics.

Great socks! Great Design! Now go get them!

Cotton, wool, other synthetics...

[Aug 07, 2001]
ralf gard

OVERALL
Strength:

Dry
Durability

Expensive
Availability (in Europe)

Feet stay dry! They don't wear like the other thin cycling socks.
I will not buy another cycling sock again, ever.
I am even thinking of using them as a first layer hiking sock. Did not try that yet.

Unlike most of the reviewers, i don't like most of the designs, some of them are cool though.

I still don't understand why just a few european bike shops import this stuff, every serious cyclist needs these!

Northwave, assos and a bunch of others

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.