Roach Indy Shorts

Roach Indy Shorts

[May 22, 2017]
Le Dude

OVERALL
Strength:

BOMB PROOF!
Last forever!

A bit expensive back in 2002(130 bucks or so)

I really wish that these were still made today. Absolutely the best bike shorts ever!!!! no contest! All other shorts i try and wear while biking get destroyed, usually the ass rips out or the crotch, or both. Plus these look wicked and have some handy pockets. My only regret is not being able to afford more than one pair at the time. It's 2017, thousands of k's later and these things are still rockin! They've taken abuse from crashes, butt skids on gravel, branches etc. I own the grey/black pair. I miss Roach.

[Mar 01, 2011]
Dave Angus

OVERALL
Strength:

Very tough overall.

The front pockets and the velcro.

I don't know what model my shorts are; I bought them around 1997, and they have no padding. I wore them regularly for commuting and for crosscountry riding. When the weather got cold, I wear them over goretex tights. The front pockets have weak linings that don't survive keeping keys. The velcro fly loses its stickiness, then chafes the cloth. I've replaced the velcro and singed back the fuzzies.

I wish someone would clone these, but make the pockets out of something tougher, and maybe with zip pockets.

Mountain Equipment Co-op shorts

[Sep 18, 2001]
Scott

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit

Customer Support and lack of buisiness knowledge

This is a follow-up to my previuos reveiw. I finally received my shorts after waiting 3 months. There is no doubt that these shorts are good. They fit well, look great, and are real light in weight. However, when I ordered my shorts, I also ordered the pads that go in them. When I received my shorts there were no pads. I had paid for them and they were on the invoice but, someone had crossed them off the invoice with a pen. There was no mention about the pads. So, I sent an e-mail inquiring about the pads. After a few weeks I received an e-mail telling me they were on back order and that I would be receiving them the next week. Its now been 2 months since I was told I would be receiving them. I,ve sent three e-mails with no response. So now I,m elevating this to a different level. I know that in the US we have a better business bureau and I will be filling a report with them if its possible. Does Canada have somthing similar? If so, could you please e-mail me with the info, that I might need. I would not reccomend to any one to buy their products until they fix there problems. They need to put the BONG down and take care of their customers.

Fox

[Jul 31, 2001]
Toast

OVERALL
Strength:

I use to praise this stuff, bomb proof, great styles, stuff built for a lifetime... but read below

Recently I set up a deal for my bike club www.ragemtb.com and here is what I get:

1. a 6 month wait on some of the stuff

2. they actually changed the quality on 1/2 the order from the cordura nylon to a cheap polyester, what is up with that?

3. they charge my credit card 4 months before shipping which i believe is illeagal

touch and go with these guys, with there business practice i doubt they will last a few more years. bottom line? if you see it in a store and like it, buy it, but don't order direct...

zoic, fox, etc

[Mar 17, 2001]
super man

OVERALL
Strength:

tough, looks, well made, you get the idea

nothing really

i have only had these shorts for 1 day and they are great
i am glad i got there instead of the kona shorts these look better too. i got them on sale for 80$ canadian, get these shorts!

kona shorts

[May 28, 2000]
Warwick

OVERALL
Strength:

Tough, durable, excellent fit, and stylish. To give you an example of the toughness... I just fell off an elevated log the other day, the shorts snagged on a snapped-off branch and held ALL my weight right at a seam. No tearing or anything! Well impressed. I'm also still wearing a pair of Indy shorts I bought 5 years ago.

All cycling clothing is expensive, and Roach is no exception. If you're from the states the exchange rate helps you out though.

Awesome. If you're going to plunk down cash on a pair of baggy shorts - for cycling or not - Roach will keep you comfortable, in-style, and will last you for a long time.

Nema

[Mar 09, 2001]
Mountain Man

OVERALL
Strength:

ROACH quality, made in Canada, lifetime warranty, bombproof, light, breathable, nice big pockets, great fly

Price, if you pay full retail, but it is worth it for a short that will last forever. No liner, but some would consider that an advantage 'cause they can wear their favourite pair of lycra shorts underneath (I don't have lycra shorts, though)

This is a review for the Roach "Baggy" shorts, not the Indy model. They are lighter and more breathable, and still made of RipStop Nylon, but there are no cool reflective strips along the pockets. In any case, these shorts are simply the best baggies you can buy. The fly could save valuable time in a long race if you need to stop for a trip to the bushes, as you simply unclip the straps and pull down the velcro for quick access.
As a patriotic Canadian, I always buy Canadian products whenever I can, so ROACH shorts are a great buy or me. They're made with pride and backed by a great company who offers a lifetime warranty on everything they make. However, I don't expect to ever need to use that warranty, as I have heard nothing but praise for the "indestructible" RipStop nylon used throughout the shorts. 5 chilis for value because of the lifetime warranty (any product with that kind of support deserves 5 chilis for value), and 5 overall because THESE SHORTS RULE.

Normal baggy shorts with boxers, not recommended

[Mar 10, 2001]
Bill Bright

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks good, never snags on seat, durable: takes lot of crashes with no damage to the shorts.

I guess price, but they are Canadian made in a small shop so you cant expect cheapness.

Great shorts to wear over tights. I prefer these over shorts that have tights sewn into then, they just dont feel right, and there is too much potential for "plumbers crack" while riding. Roach shorts take anything trees, rocks, ground, and angry snakes and squirrels on the trail can through at them. Like the guy below I have the regular baggies, I also bought a pair of the courdoroy type at the Toronto bike show, they seem comfy, but i haven't ridden with them yet.

Buy any type of shorts roach makes, you will love them.

activa baggies, various tight shorts

[Nov 20, 2000]
Nathaniel Glickman

OVERALL
Strength:

every thing is good

nothing these shorts rock

i love these shorts even though i have only had thim a few weeks

nothing this good

[Sep 01, 2000]
Bent Forkx

OVERALL
Strength:

comfortable, tough, lifetime warranty, great look,

back pocket velcro loosens up over time

On or off the bike, the shorts have a great style to them, comfort in ALL the right places (no bunching. As for the person complaining they are too loose, he might want to consider trying them on first, before he buys them next time.

core rat

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.