Price Point Padded Briefs Shorts

Underwear with padding. 2-way stretch moisture wicking fabric. 4-panel anatomical design, leg grippers & seamless Micro-soft chamois.

[Sep 12, 2005]
Gaz Edmunds

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive. And since it's a liner, it allows you to use any of your favourite shorts.

They absolutely suck!

Okay, I'm a big fan of liner shorts, since I've got pretty chunky legs (the joys of 25 years of constant soccer playing!) and they allow me to use the tons of linerless shorts I already own. I was ordering up some brakes from Price Point for another build I was working on, when I spotted these on sale - 2 pairs for $20. For that cash, I figured I'd give them a try.

I was headed out for a ride so I popped a pair of these out of the wrapper and tried to slip them on. Either I'd put on 20lbs overnight, or the fit on them was horrendous - my nads felt like they were in a vice grip. But what the hell, I figured they'd stretch out a bit when riding, and that the extra compression might help. Oh God no. And don't even get me started about the "chamois" which I'm convinced is just a few sheets of toilet paper sewn in there. After a very short 5 mile ride, I felt like someone had beaten on my "taint" with a baseball bat.

Bottom line is that the second I got home, they didn't go in the laundry bin, they went in the trash. The second pair I got were tried on, same fit, but this time I didn't even try riding in them, they immediately followed their brother pair. Price Point is an excellent place for inexpensive parts, but avoid these things like the plague, and spend that $10 on something less painful, like colonic irrigation, or something. 5 flamers for value, one for overall. You get what you pay for, folks...

Sugoi liner shorts, and Pearl Izumi 3D liner shorts.

[May 28, 2006]
Mick

OVERALL
Strength:

Absolutely none. They're horrible.

You name it. Cheapie lycra that barely stretches, and when it does it doesn't go back to it's original shape. The pad is worthless.

Ditto what the other dudes were saying below: these things are a complete waste of money. Take the $20 bill that you'd spend on two pairs of these, ball it up, and shove it into your regular underwear. Bingo, you just made a pair of shorts that is more comfortable and offer better protection than these things. I mean they were cheap so I wasn't expecting much, but even this shocked me.

Pearl Izumi

[Nov 30, 2005]
Allen

OVERALL
Strength:

None.

Poorly made, cheap lycra, non-existent customer service.

Buying these are like flushing money down the toilet. I bought 2 pairs from Price Point for $19.95, and the first time I tried both of them on, they ripped and ran like cheap panty hose. I never wore them out of the house or on the trail. Worse yet, I emailed Price Point's customer service department, and after 4 days, still had no response.

You get what you pay for. Avoid these at all costs, and if you need low-cost liner shorts, go to Nashbar instead.

N/A

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.