Pearl Izumi Canyon Shorts

Best Price At

Pearl Izumi's Canyon short offers a dialed fit and clean look that transitions from ridgeline climb to favorite pub. The lightweight shell, made with Transfer Stretch fabric, provides superior freedom of movement and abrasion resistance. The 11-inch inseam and semi-floating liner give these baggies the right blend of trail credibility and street smart.

[Aug 14, 2016]
onadler

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent fabric, cut, ease of use

The conservative style may not be very rider’s cup of tea

The Canyon shorts are light baggy pants designated for trail riding, with a thin and especially comfortable fabric. They bear a straight cut and come at a medium length, ending approximately 10cm above the knee. The pants come with an internal, removable chamois, made of light, seamless mesh fabric with medium-thickness pad.

The Canyon includes two open front pockets and a single side pocket with a zipper. They stay in place via button and zipper, just like the pair of jeans you have in your closet, and can be exactly fitted by adjusting an internal Velcro strip.

Read the full review here:

TLD sprint

[Jul 27, 2013]
Joe Parkulo

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable, breathable, just the right length

pockets are limited

I've had a pair of these shorts for about 3 years. They have been washed hundreds of times and still are going strong. I'm going to buy another pair. The detachable liner is the best feature.

Fox

[Apr 29, 2013]
mtb4life05

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light weight,liner is very light and breaths well

I'm 6'3" 230 Clyde. and these are by far the best fitting shorts for me.
Very light weight and I don't feel like I'm over heating down there.
The short material stretches very well seeing how I have larger thighs than most.
The liner fits like a glove and breaths well.
My go to shorts for hot days.

[Jul 18, 2012]
SilentG
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, fit well, forget that they are there, don't get caught on saddle

Having only one pocket is a bit weird, not a deal breaker

In the beginning I started out with some Pearl Izumi running shorts and used a PI chamois with them.

I then tried Hoss Ponderosa which worked OK but the belt in them broke while trying to tighten and keep them up. Then came the Hoss Stallion which I only used a couple of times due to shoddy worksmanship (insert broke on the loop system).

About 6 months ago I figured that I should just go with a Pearl Izumi short and the Canyon is their most popular mtb short (according to their marketing).

I wanted something with a detachable liner (adios Ponderosa), quality workmanship (sayanora Hoss), etc and my Pearl Izumi liner and even running shorts that I used before never let me down across rides, crashes, etc.

The Canyon is the only short I wear now. Extra chamois can be had at places like Pricepoint and I don't have to monkey around with pulling up my shorts, worrying about my shorts getting hung up on my saddle, crap breaking on the shorts, etc.

I just ride and my shorts have held up like new after a washing 1-2 times a week and use 3-4 times a week.

I wish I had just bitten the bullet up front and went with the Canyon as trying to save some $$$ on Hoss gear ended up costing me more than the Canyon and included chamois would have cost me.

Fitment is snug at the waist but true to size if you look at a sizing chart.Shorts/chamois do not get too warm here in Arizona where I ride in 80 to 90 degree weather.

Hoss Ponderosa, Hoss Stallion

[Mar 06, 2012]
ozzybmx

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, stretchy and well made, you get a decent pair of chamois liners as a bonus. Tighter fitting than most others.

Im just searching for a pair in a different colour and this review came up in the search, so im buying pair #2. These are now my favourite shorts.
I usually wear Large, i have went a Medium in these after reading reviews and would advise you to get 1 size down too.

Many others.

[Jan 27, 2012]
Aslan

OVERALL
Strength:

The Liner

Too long

The 2010 version of the shorts are so great. Still my go to pair of baggies. They were the right length, had this great quiet stretch fabric, the liner is top notch - even when compared to Lycra shorts. The snap closure could have been a bit better, still good though. Anyway, since they were all that, I bought a new pair. Change is not good in this case. Way to long so they hit below the knee. New fabric that is shinny and sticks to the saddle a bit. The liner is still good so I will be wearing it with my old pair. Of course I cannot find the old style anywhere. Bummer.

The previous seasons version

[Sep 13, 2004]
Chris

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable PI quality, look nice, comfortable.

Too darn long! These hit me below the knee and got in the way while pedaling.

These would be excellent shorts if I was about 6" taller. They hit me in just the wrong place and - I understand from some folks at the Pearl Izumi store - I'm not alone in that feeling. The long length made pedaling uncomfortable and got in the way numerous times. I finally ended up selling them to a tall friend after wearing them twice. Otherwise the liner was comfortable and the overall quality was good. If Pearl makes some shorter shorts, they'll have a great product. Here's hoping for the 2005 model...

Performance board shorts with separate liner.

[Nov 11, 2004]
Fang Grebelski

Piece of crap

Read for yourself. I remember when PI stood behind their product at all cost. I honestly am not a complainer, but these shorts cost me $70 - and they ARE UNUSABLE! They suck. Here's the response from Pearli Izumi:

Kevin,
We do not offer an exchange program for gear that has been worn. You may want to try your dealer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fang
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 10:20 PM
To: Info
Subject: Request

I am a long-time loyal Pearl Izumi owner. I buy shorts, shirts and gloves.

I know that when I buy a new Pearl Izumi garment, I'll be happy. As a Mountain Bike rider, I've especially always appreciated the fit of PI tights... but recently decided to try a pair of baggies.

I purchased the Canyon Bike Short (Model #0115), and can honestly say I've never worn a more uncomfortable pair of shorts on a ride. In the bike shop, the large was too tight, but the XL felt good. But on the ride, on every climb, these shorts were dropping very low... I will not ride in them again. They really need a draw string or something to allow a better fit.

Do you have any exchange program in place?

Thanks

I normally wear Pearl Izumi tights.. love 'em.
Thought I'd try some baggies.

[Jul 10, 2006]
Steve

OVERALL
Strength:

Great fit, excellent chamois for the price, topnotch workmanship/finishing

No front/side pockets, but then again, those would add weight/material

Great shorts--hands down the best-fitting baggy I've yet tried (see list above) and one of the very best in terms of quality of construction. Of the many pairs of mtb baggies I own, the PI Canyons are the first ones I look for when I'm going on both short and long rides. I particularly appreciate their simplicity and superlightweight, coupled with sound construction of much more durable materials than all other "lightweight" baggy shorts I've tried. I don't much care for pockets when I'm on the bike, though I do occasionally miss having some place to put my hands when I'm off the bike. These shorts are definitely right in there with the typical high quality of design and construction I've always experienced with Pearl Izumi products.

Primal Wear/Nema/Fox/Borah/Nike baggy mtb shorts

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.