Sidi Five XC Shoes

SIDI Five XC 2012. Shoes MTB. SIDI Five XC 2012 Mens MTB Shoes The SIDI Five XC MTB Shoes fuses fresh styling and integral toe guard as standard for the cycling enthusiast. MTB Competition Sole Has been specifically studied for this specialty, may be fitted with two toe sp ....

[Feb 11, 2014]
II FINGERS

OVERALL
Strength:

FIT
TIGHTNESS ADJUSTMENT
ENGAGEMENT TO MY SPD PEDAL
VERY WELL MADE IN MY VIEW

UNFORTUNATELY THEY WON'T LAST FOR EVER

I did my home work and read many reviews prior to committing to buy these Sidi's
I did read a few review that suggested Sidi fit id a size smaller? so being a 46 I ordered a 47 white/silver as pic above (buying on line has a size risk element)
Well that worked the size is perfect for me and I stress this might be a key element to this make of shoe.

Then came the first ride and I really felt a few to many hot-spots which was concerning but after a few more 3 hour rides this issue completely disappeared and they are very very comfortable now
They are so good that I bought an additional pair in a different colour all Black .
I'm not an elitist rider but a go OK I see the SIDI range offer more bling if your an elite rider , I can only recommend what I use 5 chillis from me, as for value I have achieve that that for sure.
Great MTB foot ware

Oh I recommend Shimano SH51 cleats....... best to avoid the SH56 in my opinion

Marida $100 pair ,Diadora $100 pair

[Aug 13, 2012]
wily_quixote

OVERALL
Strength:

Well made uppers, light comfortable upper, look flashy.

very dflexible sole, uncomfortable on long rides, look flashy.

I bought these after I was getting some hotspots on long hilly rides on my carbon shimanos. I also wanted a light shoe that looked and felt 'roadie' for using SPDs on my road bike.
The uppers on these shoes are very good, with a leather like feel, deep heel cup and clever velcro system. They are quite light to wear and the fitting is on the small side. slightly narrower feeling and shorter in the toe than shimano (although my shimano innersoles fit perfectly in them).
I found that these shoes cost more than shimano shoes, are lighter but the soles are way too flexy. So flexible that I get instep pain after a long hilly ride the entire next day. This is puzzling as the shoes have a deep plaastic sole much like I remember the quite stiff shimano plastic soled shoes had in the 90s.
The soles are called 'competition soles' by SIDI but in no way are they suitable for anything but touring/commuting really. What's more the soles are deeply scarred by my cleat placement and the cleat fixator is so buckled that I'm worried about shoe longevity.
I would ignore these shoes and buy shimano carbon soled MTB shoes if I were you. Either that or get sidi carbon soled shoes not these plastic soled jobs. Not very impressed, I wasted 200 bucks really....

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.