Sidi Cape Shoes

Best Price At

Sidi Cape Mountain Shoe The Sidi Cape is more than the little brother of the Drako. With a few less features the Cape MTB shoe offers most of the performance at a lower price. The proven Competition Sole provides traction in any terrain while the synthetic upper and Techno 3 system make sure the fit is spot on and comfortable. MTB Competition Sole Caliber Buckle Techno 3 Closure System Standard Last Soft Instep 2 Sidi Heel Cup

[Oct 07, 2017]
Kevin E
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Best fit in class from the day you slip them on.

Used to be the best but NOT any more! I replace the wire Tech 3 lacing every other month as they cross over each other and fray until they break. I have replace the lacing 4 times now in 9 months!!! The soles only last about a year now as well.

I have owned Sidi shoes for 15+ years now and they used to always be my favorite shoe. They fit like a glove the day you buy them but I'm so tired of having parts that wear or fail on them! I have owned the Dragons and got tired of replacing the bottom tread every 3 months. The rubber is soft and Sedona and Moab burn through the tread as quickly as one week. I figures I would try the longer lasting soles on the Capes and now the Fake Boa lacing breaks every other month. I mountain bike 4 days a week so I'm in my shoes a lot BUT they should last much longer for the price you pay! I rotate though different shoes and the Scott's are almost as comfortable and last WAY longer with real Boa lacing. New Shimano XC9's seem to be holding up fine too. Sidi needs to up there game if they expect us to pay so much for their shoes that don't last!

Scott, Shimano

[Jun 07, 2017]
Glenn Shaikun

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff
Strong
Great closures for both fitting and ease of use

Comfort can be an issue due to the stiffness
Not the lightest.

There are great sales to be found on these, a $300 shoe for $150-180. A strong shoe that you will feel the difference in when you snap your pedal stroke forward and then slide it back. Not soft like the Genius and the Dominators so might take a little more effort to work out your comfort. Sidi's not as good as some designs for hike a bike , good for xc riders, anyone who wants all the pedal kick a shoe can give, decent comfort.

Sidi Dominator, Genius

[Jun 04, 2017]
Christian

OVERALL
Strength:

Value. Adjustability. Comfort.

None. I have ONE friend who says they are a bit heavy for an XC race shoe. But hey, he's a total weight weenie.

Feels like a $500 show for less than half that. I was a bit worried when I first got them. They were a little tight here and there. I had never bought a pair before, but everyone always raves about Sidi so when I saw a sale I figured "why not?" After the first couple of rides, they perfectly fit my feet. Super simple to adjust while riding. I know what Sidi was trying to accomplish with this shoe (high quality, yet affordable) and this makes a grand slam seem like child's play. Awesome awesome shoe. I'm a full convert for life!

Specialized Sport

[May 22, 2015]
Layne Peters

OVERALL
Strength:

Closures, adjustability, fit, durable upper and sole

None really

After many years of riding and different shoes, I've gone back to Sidi for my mtb shoes. I've been riding carbon soled shoes both on and off road, and my experience off-road hasn't been great recently. My feet are changing and comfort is becoming more of a challenge. I tend to prefer a touch of give at the toe (note the sole is very stiff, certainly more-so than my older Sidis). Took a bit to sort out my size, but I find these very comfortable. The size I chose has plenty of room in the toe box. Not sure the shiny finish is really up my alley, but the fit and adjustability of the closures make them work for me. Both the Boa-type closure and the strap / buckle have one-click adjustments. The buckle is easy to adjust with the top 'button' on the buckle, and if you push just one release or the other on the boa-type, it will also release by just one click. Very nice. (You alternate which release button you hit to continually release by single clicks.) The material does seem to hold well, certainly more solid that my older Sidis. I've not had these for long, but wanted to post something, as I've had a hard time finding info about these online. The only reason for 4 chilis instead of 5 is cost, these don't come cheap, however the fit is worth it for me.

Many over the years.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.