Sidi Bullet 2 Shoes

• Closures: Three Velcro straps

[Sep 11, 2010]
darrinw2001

OVERALL
Strength:

they have lasted a good long time and have a stiff sole. I have ridden these in lots of water, mud, and sand and they have stood up OK.

hard plastic bottom makes it hard when riding in rocky areas, especially if they are damp. Very slippery and no grip at all on rocks. works good on sand or dirt.

these shoes have lasted longer than i would expect. I did have to replace the cleat plates once due to rust, and now after 3 years a strap has broken and the soles are coming apart from the upper. my only real complaint is the hard plastic bottom when trying to ride very rocky trails. have slipped several times on these and it is like walking on ice. other than that fit and comfort were fine while riding, but not too much while walking.

[Oct 04, 2009]
wyo_biker

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid construction, good fit, comfortable, and the three Velcro straps allow for a snug fit.

Traction is a little slippery on rock but I haven’t had any real issues with this.

I’ve had really good luck with these shoes and have not had the issues identified by other reviewers; and I‘ve done plenty of “hike-a-bike“ through rock fields wearing this shoe. I’ve used these shoes for a full season now starting in early spring (mud and snow) and into the fall and have been really pleased with them. I’ve had these shoes covered in mud and sopping wet and they still performed well. Once dried out and cleaned up they always seem as good as new. Based on the performance and fit of this shoe, my next pair will probably be Sidi’s as well.

Lake

[Aug 06, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, three velcro straps allow nice snug fit, stiff sole, toe spike option.

Heel cup is big relative to toe box. Sole/tread is made of very hard plastic-like materials. The tread is extremely narrow, especially under the heel.

Don't buy this product unless you use it exclusively for racing and you never put a foot down. Although I really want to give this shoe a thumbs up, I can't. It's lightweight, stiff, and comfortable to wear. However, the tread is so extremely narrow that I find my ankles rolling dangerously, and unexpectedly, when I walk. The problem is compounded by the hard plastic sole/tread materials. Negotiating steep and/or rocky terrain is just spooky. I'm not inclined to rate products in the "poor" range, but from a safety/injury point of view, I feel this shoe should be recalled.

Shimano, Pearl Izumi.

[Aug 13, 2007]
Dennis Hildreth

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort,fit,transfer of power to pedals, light weight, stiff soles, Great look.
quality shoe (it's a Sidi)

a little slippery on hard surfaces, not really a drawback, just have to be aware

My first crack at cycling shoes and clipless pedals.
Very happy with both. I can ride for 3 miles or ten miles and not think about my feet at all. I have 8.5 EEE feet(42.5 Mega). I should be so lucky that every pair of shoes I bought fit like my Sidi's. If you want a pair of cycling shoes to deliver power where it's supposed to be, your pedals, shoes that look good, and will last a long time, these are for you.

[Feb 02, 2007]
dan

OVERALL
Strength:

stiff sole, great upper, easy to enter and exit, top quality materials, great brand name

size runs a little small (i have a 43 and normally 9-9 1/2 and it's as small as i would accept)

great shoes plenty stiff, enables good acceleration and climbing, but not uncomfortable - been riding them in bad considitions, cold, mud, everything - they hold up real well. very impressed with the product. i am a sidi man .....

diadoras - 2 versions

[May 18, 2006]
René Visser

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiffness of the sole, looks, crafmanship

Walking, narrow sole

At last I bought a serious mountainbikeshoe, not a walking shoe witch man can use on a bike. So, walking is ridicolous with this pair but who wants to walk! It's a Sidi so it is good value for money. So if you are a fanatic biker, not a weekend warrior who'll stop every half an houre for a drink, buy it.

The usual Shimano hell, Lake

[Apr 02, 2008]
matt martinez

OVERALL
Strength:

velcro straps are fast and easy, ventilated toe keeps feet dry, composite sole, toe cleates available

slippery on rocks, slight heel movement under motion, rocks and sand tend to get into shoe by the heel

great shoe for the money. all my friends work at bike shops and recommended sidi for my first shoe. silver in color, spd clips on shoe. good, durable shoe that can be put to the test. no problem so far an i ride pretty much every other day approximately 10-15 trail miles. great shoe for the money paid but would not spend $150 on these. too many quality shoes available on the net for under $100.

none, 1st pair of clipless

[Jan 29, 2008]
Dan

OVERALL
Strength:

Good Fit

Poor Quality 'Leather' Lorica uppers
Slippy plastic sole if you need to ride unclipped
Not for winter use - vents everywhere

I bought these as an XC race shoe. They are comfortable, however the 'Leather' tore on the side after no more than 50 hours use. They were like new apart from the tear, having only been used a handful of times.
I returned them to Chain Reaction Cycles, who wouldn't honour the warranty. I would have expected better from both Sidi and Chainreaction. Won't be buying Sidi again.

Shimano, 661

[Dec 07, 2007]
David K.

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit and Function

Insole, can get squeaky

Added a grey Superfeet insole for some arch support and have used these shoes exclusively ever since. Somehow this shoe fits when I wear heavy wool socks or when I do not wear any socks. I have used it for almost two years for all of my riding - mtb, cross and road. Its stiff enough, comfortable enough and manages to fit well in all seasons so that I have not needed or wanted a different shoe.

I will always stick with SIDI based on this shoe.

I give it 4.5 for the overall only b/c the insole that came with it is so weak.

Lake, Time, Nike, AXO

[Jan 24, 2008]
smiling jack

OVERALL
Strength:

quality, fit, comfort.

price, slippery sole.

the sidi bullet 2 is a well made shoe, fit and comfort as good as any. I have owned two other pairs of bike shoes which performed every bit as well as the sidi's for half the price, so only three chilis for value. if you have a need to take a couple of pedal strokes while unclipped, these shoes tend to very easily slip off of the pedals.

lake mx something or other, specialized bg tahoe.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.