Sidi Adrenalin Shoes

Sidi Adrenalin Shoes

[Mar 24, 2011]
CRICKER-MO

OVERALL
Strength:

SIDI COMFORT AND FUNCTION

BUCKLES FALL OFF

Have always (and still do) like SIDI Shoes but these are a problem because the only Buckle falls off because the screw that holds the buckle to the shoe works loose and falls out. If you retighten the buckle breaks if over tightened. The screws are very short and poorly designed. There are replacements if you are prepared to spend 30+ USA Bucks.

CARNAC, SPECIALIZED, LOOK, OTHER SIDI SHOES

[Jun 12, 2003]
BruceF

OVERALL
Strength:

Much greater pedaling efficiency, than even Dominator 2's
Comfort
Lower Price
Easier to walk in than Dominators

None... but need a non-vented version for chilly, wet Pacific Northwest (please Sidi please)

If you're not wearing Adrenalins: you're not going as fast as you could be...I get a couple of MPH out of the Adrenalins versus my Dominators

I didn't think there could be a better shoe than the Dominator 2's...but Sidi has done it and at a lower price to boot...

The increase in pedaling efficiency on my MTB is quite dramatic over my Dominators...the difference between the Adrenalins over the Dominators is roughly equal to the difference between the Dominators versus no bike shoe at all...quite noticeable..even on my road bike the Adrenalins provide a noticeable improvement over the Dominators..

I can't explain why the difference..but the straps are in slightly different locations and the Adrenalin provides more grip "pulling" without having to be nearly as tight..

Give these shoes a try On The bike...they will feel funky on your feet, walking, if you are used to a tight shoe like the Dominators..they look a little funky too..

But on the bike they can't be beat

Sidi Dominator 2's

[Mar 13, 2002]
Joe Ratkiewicz

OVERALL
Strength:

Durability, adjustability, replaceable buckle system, ventilation, ankle protection

I've been using these shoes for 4 years, and they are pretty warn out, so I'm trying to find another pair of high top shoes, that aren't winter shoes. I really like having ankle protection for riding on the rocky trails here in Colorado, and the SIDI's have been awesome for that. I had a pair of Nike laced hightops, before the SIDIs, but they were so uncomfortable, and the soles were not very durable.

[Feb 12, 2003]
Bram Dally

OVERALL
Strength:

Micro buckle is good for precise adjustment, high top provides good ankle protection, good looking shoe (black with silver trim)

narrow toe box, sole cut out for clipless is too tight, poor toe pretection, and cold as hell (may be an asset when the weather gets hot but don't expect wool socks and gore-tex to help much)

This shoe would be good for people with narrow feet in the summer who ride where toe protection is not an issue except that the clipless cutout needs modification. For less than 1/3rd of the cost you can get the Pearle Izumi Vagabonds that solve all of these issues (except for the micro adjustment and high ankle protection). I'll review them again when the weather warms up.

Many other including Shimano, Pearle Izumi.

[Nov 23, 2001]
Steve

OVERALL
Strength:

Typical excellent Sidi quality. Nearly indestructable

These shoes? Just the colors

Like those hipsters like to say 'dese shoes are da bomb yo'.

My first review is down at the bottom and must say that I absolutely love Sidi shoes. I have one of their road shoes and love those too.

My only complaint is that I wish Sidi would put these back into production. I dont think anyone else makes well ventilated high tops like the Adrenalines. Protection for the sides of the ankle is nice to have when MTB'ing.

Yo Sidi if your listening c'mon get it through your thick skull. The only reason you folks didnt sell too many of them was cause of the color arrangement. Just make the colors agreeable and you will have a hit!

Wont even waste my time

[Sep 23, 1998]
Jamie Sloat
racer

OVERALL

I have been looking around for quite awhile for a good pair of shoes and decided to go with the Adrenalin by Sidi. I love them !!! Only wish they came in the black and yellow scheme. If you are tossed about which shoes to buy, these are the ones !!!

[Jan 09, 2000]
Rick
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit is Awesome!

Colors

These shoes fit great! I got them on close out from Cambria for $99. That helps me to look beyond how ugly they are

Specialized

[May 14, 1998]
brian dowdy
racer

OVERALL

AFTER BREAKING TWO PAIRS OF SPECIALIZED SHOES, I DECIDED TO GO ALL OUT FOR SOMETHING
INDESTRUCTIBLE. AFTER A YEAR OF RIDING, THIS SEEMS TO BE THE SHOE I HAVE
BEEN LOOKING FOR. MY ONLY OBJECTIONS ARE THE RONALD MCDONALD COLOR SCHEME AND
THE PRICE.I THINK THAT BLACK AND SILVER WOULD BE A GOOD OPTION.

[Mar 14, 1998]
Steve
cross-country rider

OVERALL

I bought these shoes at the suggestion of my LBS. I didnt want to spend 170 bucks my first pair of shoes, but I wanted something that would last and be comfortable. I tried on a pair of Nike Puba<

[Sep 03, 2002]
Pete AnonymousCoward

OVERALL
Strength:

Thoughtful achilles cutout, sturdier toebox than earlier editions. Best of all -- real ankle protection!

Lugs on sole are too hard for my wet, rooted, rocky terrain. Would be nice to have a thick piece of rubber coming up over the toe box for when it inevitably gets smashed into oncoming terrain.

I love this shoe. It isn't perfect, but it feels just as good as the Action 2 at 1/2 the price, and the velcro toe strap works much better than those finicky, mud-sensitive toe straps on the Action 2. I've used the Adrelanin since, oh, I dunno, '96 maybe when it was called the Agressor. It's still a great shoe and it's nice to see that Sidi makes it in just-plain-black-damnit as well as fixing the problems with the sole coming unglued from the bottom. (As with some of the other reviewers I also had to resort to using contact cement on the earlier versions.) I wish the shoe lugs were a bit softer so they could grip rocky terrain, and it might be nice to have some scrub protection over the ankle protection area because the lorica just scuffs off very easily. Come to think of it, the toe box should have some protection too, rubber maybe. And I liked the arch area of the earlier shoes better. The sole used to have less cut off in the arch area which made it easier to hop back onto the bike and hit the pedals mid-shoe, but the newer trend on the soles seems to make them more road-shoe like. The carved out arch area on the new lineup of shoes (Action 2 included) doesn't allow for pedaling mid-sole before while you're in a rush etc.

These are minor complaints, though. The price (I paid $120) is fantastic for a shoe this great and the as with all Sidi's it fits my narrow, size 48 foot just great. I love this shoe. Just 1 chili off the top because there's still some room for improvement. Thanks, Sidi, for listening to your customers, keeping the shoe, and even improving it!

Sidi's Action 2 SRS

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.