Shimano SH-MA80 Shoes

• Durable and lightweight rubber sole
  • Stretch resistant polyurethane-coated upper
  • Designed for recreational and fitness cycling

[Apr 01, 2011]
Discoveryellow

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable, inexpensive, well fitting, GREAT ENTRY LEVEL SPD

Not as solid grip around the foot as some other shoes, heel can be less tight on some riders (not my case).

I just wanted to get a new shoes from Shimano as my MA80 worn out after 5 years of use but the new Shimano are SMALLER TIGHTER FIT: my size is too small and one size up are huge.

[Nov 01, 2008]
drool

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit me perfectly. Mesh upper provides good venting for summer riding.

Mesh upper lets in water and sand.....the price you pay for the nice venting.

These are my primary summer riding shoes. They are not suitable for cool weather riding so be prepared to buy winter shoes (I have Answer Kashmirs) if you buy these.

I like them enough that when I saw them on sale on the internets for cheap I bought another pair for when the first pair wears out.

[Jun 02, 2008]
baggio

OVERALL
Strength:

Venting is great, i have no problem with it

excellent for recreational, touring and commuting riding.

[Sep 19, 2006]
Matt Bogosian

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable. Affordable. Good Looking. Efficent

Not a very aggressive cleat

These shoes have been great. I believe my old ones fit wrong so these feel awesome compared to them. I MTN bike about once a week during the season and these are sufficient for what I do.

Shimano MT-40

[Sep 12, 2006]
Chris

OVERALL
Strength:

Very comfortable shoe with plenty of room for your toes.

This shoe is designed as a recreational/fitness shoe and as such does not have a very agressive tread pattern.

This is an excellent shoe for commuting, touring, and recreational riding. Many shoes I tried did not have a wide enough toe box to be comfortable. These shoes are very comfortable and are sized accurately. I highly recommend these for everything but extreme off-road cycling where a more agressive tread would be in order.

[Jul 01, 2006]
Brian

OVERALL
Strength:

Venting is great, they work well.

The cost is high to me. Even though they are "cheap" compared to what else is on the market, I still felt $75 was a LOT of money to spend on a simple pair of shoes.

I have to rate these low on the Value rating due to what I consider to be a high cost. Unfortunately, I didn't see any cheaper options out there that carried this same brand reputation. $75 seems like a lot to spend on an entry level shoe if you ask me. They fit fine, although they make my size 12 feet look like aircraft carriers they are so long. I really like the venting on the top. Prior to getting my new pedals, I just wore tennis shoes and my feet never got well ventilated on a ride. I have no complaints with the functionality, these shoes worked great. I just wished they didn't cost so much.

None.

[Jun 19, 2006]
Michel

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, durable, easy to put on, dries quick, doesn't stink, ok to walk in

Ugly, gets wet inside in rain and even after walking on a wet grass. Not quite right pedaling angle, at least for me.

A good pair of shoes for a beginner. You get what you pay for, and this product is considered to be a good buy. Want something better and performant... will have to pay more.

[May 17, 2006]
david Hampton

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, Comfort

None to this point

A good shoe for the money. Raced the first day in use with no problems break in etc. not an issue

[Jun 02, 2006]
Erik Enge

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, comfortable.

None so far.

Very comfortable on my foot, no hot spots. Very light and so far durable. I use the Shimano PD-520 pedals and the shoes work as well as I would've imagined them working. Very happy with this purchase so far.

No problems clipping in and out.

The shoes are really easy to walk around with and wouldn't be a problem if you break down in the middle of the woods and have to hike back a few miles.

None.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.