Shimano SH-M086 Shoes

Take to the trails, the streets, the bike path or wherever else you want to ride with Shimano's SH-M086L Shoes cradling your feet. They feature fiberglass-reinforced nylon soles that improve stability and pedaling efficiency. And, their micro-adjustable b

[May 21, 2015]
Angel

OVERALL
Strength:

Value for money, adjustment to the foot

Materials used are not durable. My pair is falling apart after a year and a half. Sole is not stiff enough for CB pedals or any other with a small area of contact between sole and pedal.

Good value for money if you use shimano pedals. Otherwise stay away since the sole is not stiff enough, with my egg beaters I get big pain after an hour or so since the sole flexes noticeably.

[Jan 07, 2015]
Blitztorm6

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, Very Comfortable, last quite long,

A bit in the heavy side.

Bought it 3 years ago and still no sign of turning into garbage any sooner, although i mainly only go XC rides in weekends, but in total ive put around 2500 miles on it. a budget buy from an online store. the only bad side is it is quite hot in summer day and its a bit heavy, with Shimano Cleats it weight 455g per foot.

[May 10, 2013]
BillyL

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort, Styling, Adjustable fit

No 1/2 sixes

I've been wearing Shimano SH-M071s for years and wanted to try out a three strap shoe. I recently picked up a pair of SH-M086, size 42 for my size 8.5 feet. Shimano indicates that their size 42 is equivalent to US 8.3. I got these shoes used on a popular auction site, so it was hit or miss, not being able to try them on. After riding with these shoes for a week, I'm very impressed. These shoe's synthetic leather is very comfortable, it wraps around my feet very smoothly. When I have the velcro straps and rachet strap set right, there's no pressure spots. It was only, when I unclipped, that I remembered, that I was wearing shoes. I hope that the soles don't separate from the shoes, as some have reported. If they do, I'll just take them to a shoe repair shop to have them reglued. I'd like to hang on to these shoes for a while, since they are so comfortable.

SH-M071

[Sep 26, 2012]
Whacked

OVERALL
Strength:

Great fit

I bought these 2 seasons ago. They fit very well with the ratchet type buckle snugging things up evenly.
Not too hot in the summer, nor too cold in the winter. Plugs for tow cleats altho I do not have a need for them (so far). Enough traction to grip well. Cleat is recessed enough to avoid some of the gravel-on-cleat grinding when walking on pavement/sidewalk.
I love this shoe enough that I use it for my road bike, no issues there either.
I have not tested how well it holds up to soakings from water-crossings, the trails I ride drain very fast and no water crossings to speak of.
Overall, I would recommend this shoe for someone looking for a good fitting biking shoe.

nashbar/performance house brands

[Sep 30, 2011]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

They are comfy and airy. The straps have held up good. Not too bad for hike-biking, seem to have good grip.

Sole is seperating around the cleat

I liked them a lot, but wish they would have lasted a little longer. I have been riding for only 7 months and they are pretty much useless now because of the soles coming apart. I will not buy these again.

none, First pair

[Jun 20, 2011]
crosscountryracer137

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff sole,very durable, light weight, and surprisingly grips weel on rocks

There are none

this is an awesome shoe! I would definately reccomend it to anyone.

Shimano M76

[Oct 12, 2010]
Terry

OVERALL
Strength:

comfortble to wear

fall apart every six months literally sole seperating from the cleat plate.

I looking for more durable shoe they replaced the first pair. I am looking for longer wear shoe.

same shoes before very comfy poor longevity

[Dec 30, 2009]
Marshalleames

OVERALL
Strength:

comfortable, great ratchet system, good looks, great hiking capability, work great with clip less pedals that have a platform (ex. crankbros mallets).

don't hold up to rocks, sides rip easily, rubber seems to wear fast around the cleat.

Shimano shoes in general have the best shoes on the market undoubtedly. Besides the issue of them holding up, the M086s has been the most comfortable shoe I have owned. Over the past 6 months I have really put them to the test. From doing long rides in Grey Eagle and Downieville, then thrashing them on the dh bike at North star. As of right now I am still rocking the same shoes. Even though they look a little worn with rips in the sides, they still work great. Back at home I ride semi mellow trails and do quite a bit of hiking sometimes. This is where this shoe excels. Because of the flexible sole they are very easy to hike around in and then still get awesome peddling stiffness. I plan on getting another pair sometime soon.

adidas, sidi

[Dec 06, 2009]
twowheelsdown2002

OVERALL
Strength:

Good pedal interface, comfortable

Durability, Sole split open

Not durable enough!! If they had lasted for at least a year I would give them 5 stars, but they only lasted 3 months, and they are splitting wide open at the bottom. The rubber part is completely separating from the cleat mounting area. I like the way they fit.(maybe sized a little small)I had to get a 44 to fit my 9.5 size feet. They really fit my Shimano M-647 pedals well. Very easy to clip into, and comfortable.

I got almost a year out of the Adidas and they split apart. Now these go less than 3 months. I do ride rocky trails, and have to hike some places for short distances. Maybe if you don't ride rocky, nasty trails they will hold up better. I now have a pair of Sette's on order, I sure hope they are better made!!

Adidas Plush

[Nov 08, 2009]
Nitrogenus

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong, tight(thanks to ratchet), comfortable, great traction when off the bike, Shimano product...

None yet...

This is my first pair of clipless shoes, but I love them. They provide a comfortably tight fit, lots of style, Shimano quality, and a beautiful connection between man and machine. To top it off, they do it all at a $100 price point. Who needs Italian leather? Buy these NOW!

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.