Sette Outlaw Mtn Shoes

The Sette Outlaw shoe will exceed all of your comfort and durability expectations. The stiff sole and well ventilated upper is important in maintaining the best performance on the bike, and the Outlaw is a perfect blend of stiff and breathable. The upper is made with a combination of durable suede leather and moisture wicking nylon mesh. The Outlaw featured a couple of well placed reflective strips, a lace closure system as well as a hook and loop over strap to ensure a secure fit.

[Mar 29, 2009]
debusama

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, comfortable, inexpensive.

Heavy, you may want better ventilation in warmer climates.

I just switched to clipless last fall and these are my first shoes, so I’ll try to give objective information rather than opinions since I have no basis of comparison. I have pretty narrow feet, and I can’t get them to tighten as much as I would like toward the toe. I generally wear size 10 shoes and, lengthwise, the 44 fits well. I am using the shoes with eggbeater pedals, and I can’t feel the souls flexing when I push down. I have used the shoes in late fall, winter, and early spring in the Pacific Northwest. I have not noticed that my feet get too hot (The warmest temperature I have used them in was about 60 degrees F). On colder days I can ware thicker socks, and my feet don’t feel too cold. When walking around, they feel similar to a pair of soccer shoes. They haven’t made my toes numb or given me blisters. When I lifted similar Shimano shoes at my LBS, they felt lighter than my outlaws.

I would recomend the to a friend who doesn't have partucularluy narrow feet, and doesn't live too far south.