Sette Enduro Shoes

With the Sette Enduro shoes you can turn your rides into adventures. Whether you bike or hike, the Enduro shoes will be there for you. The aggressive, wide, high traction outsoles combined with reinforced midsoles, provide a stiff and comfortable shoe for any type of rider. The upper is made of durable suede leather and breathable nylon with a lace closure as well as a hook and loop over strap for a secure fit.

[Jun 27, 2011]
jellytronics

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable. Would probably last forever. Price.

Unappealing to look at compared to other more expensive, fancy, pretty bike shoes. Otherwise they work.

Good entry level shoe for trying out clipless pedals. They're not the most comfortable shoes but that's only if you've tried other shoes and know what comfortable feels like otherwise. Easy entry/exit with crank bros pedals. No issues with the velcro strap as others have previously mentioned. Just be careful with it and it will hold up just fine.

Pearl Izumi X-Alp Enduro II

[Jun 24, 2010]
Uncle Six Pack

OVERALL
Strength:

comfortable, look nice, durable

I started with a pair of Specialized shoes and they were goofy to walk in and started wearing out in about a year. I decided to try these and I can't believe how much better they are for like 1/3 the price. After about 3 years, I decided to buy a spare set because when mine finally do give up, I'm afraid they may no longer be available.

Probably not so great for guys who want a really stiff sole, but I love them for regular trail riding, shuttle runs and lift-access. Like I said I bought a spare set but after 3 hard years, my original set still has a LOT of life left.

specialized

[Nov 20, 2009]
IbikeID

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, durability.

Weight, lack of ventilation.

I've had these shoes for three years and had absolutely no problems. I ride 2-3 times a week, roughly 30-40 miles. They are not a shoe for weight weenies or racers, since they are not the lightest or stiffest soled thing out there. They are comfortable and great for a shoe you may need to wear when off the bike or on hike-a-bikes. I have scuffed and scraped them against rocks many times with no rips. The strap and lace loops are all still holding strong, but I am careful not to pull them really tight (I learned my lesson there after ripping a strap off my big name, expensive, and supposed high-quality racer boy shoes).

[May 05, 2009]
wurensh

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, Reliability, Comfort, Ease of Set-up, Traction

Uh....

What can I say - I'm surprised I haven't commented yet - I'm just about to order my 4th pair. I stumbled across these a few years ago and thought I couldn't beat the price (and Sette hasn't steered me wrong). These were my second "cleated" shoe - I wanted something a little stiffer, but not a solid footbed. These deliver. They have been my shoe as I have developed my riding from XC into "All-Mountain" (I think that name sounds stupid), and as recently as this past weekend, a friend said "I gotta git me a pair of those - they stick to rock like crazy". But as I learn to ride more instead of hike-a-bike, I have no reason to change. I've looked at similar style shoes, and the nearest I can find cost twice as much. So, I ask, "If it ain't broke, why fix it?". (In 3 pairs, I've used them thoroughly and completely - and have *never* had a strap break or anything... don't know what the others are experiecing - and I *use* my shoes!)

If it ain't broke...

[Jan 31, 2009]
Jerry

OVERALL
Strength:

Rubber soles have good grip, good combination of stiffness and flexability. Works well with 1st generation Crank Brothers Mallets. looks like a shoe.

The sole finally cracked after four years of use

These are shoes that you can wear into a store, coffee shop, or even the bar and no one will look at you funny. I've used these shoes for casual commuting, weekend riding and racing. These shoes lasted four years of year round riding(two years in South Georgia and two years in Guam) and for the price can't be beat. If you want comfort, casual looks, and good perfomance at a good price these shoes are for you.

None. Just bought some 661 experts to replace these.

[Dec 21, 2008]
betheplunk

OVERALL
Strength:

Look and stabilty. Designed for SPDs, but I love my Crank Bros mallets. I made a 1/8 aluminum shim for the cleats. Now I have the lateral freedom plus a nice loud click when I snap in.

Like with other reviews, the loop for the eyelet of the velcro strap tore -- not the stitching but the leather itself -- too thin and soft. I real bummer. I'm having new loops made by a cobbler for $15.

I can't give a high rating for other readers to see -- it wouldn't be fair. But personally I love these shoes and will stick with them despite the repair. In the end I'll have just what I want -- the stabiliyt and walking comfort of a hiking shoe plus good compatibility for Crank Bros pedals.

[Oct 01, 2008]
Ilikemud

OVERALL
Strength:

decent looks, comfortable, grip well on pedals.

Weak eylet for the velcro strap.

The very first time I put on the right shoe I went to tighten the Velcro strap and it ripped right off the shoe. I am sending them back to price point for an exchange as I like the price and the looks.

[Aug 29, 2007]
Nico

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff Soles, Great Price

Value for the money, you cannot beat it. Similar to Shimano but priced a lot less.

Shimano M70, Six Six One

[Jul 25, 2007]
Rico

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, stiff sole and good for those walks on the trail when you need to get off your bike. Great price and looks good.

Just like someone else said, "top lace eyelet ripped loose first try tightening (not stiched completely)." I used them a couple more times before I sent back to Price Point for an exchange.

With the exception of the weak eyelet construction, I really like these shoes, especially for the price. Due to size uncertainties while ordering online, I sent back for an even exchange. If it rips again, I am either sending back for a different pair of shoes or just putting in a new eyelet myself.

None, this is my first set of clipless shoes.

[Jul 07, 2007]
Kevin

OVERALL
Strength:

Value. Good quality for small price. Fairly comfortable to wear casually after a ride.

A little Wide for me. My feet probably have an average width too.

Great value, grip well on platform pedals and on the trail for those walking straight up sections. Comfortable.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.