Sette Element MTB Shoes

W/ looks this good you'll have to beat admirers off with a stick. The bulletproof super ridged sole transfers every bit of torque you can dish out. 3 straps allow for quick changes in tightness. Breathable mesh mids insure cool dry rides day in day out.

[May 07, 2015]
Alex F
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Great price, durable, and look good. These shoes can be had for well under $100.

Hard rubber/plastic soles makes the hike-a-bikes though rocky terrain a little sketchy.

I've been wearing these shoes often for 4 years now and it's finally time to retire them. They have seen mud, water, snow, and tons of dirt and dust with minimal washings. The bottom of the soles are worn and tattered, the Velcro is getting weak, and they have accumulated so much dust and dirt that cleaning them is nearly pointless anymore. I can't believe I spent $50 on these and they lasted this long. I bought them as my first clip-less shoe with the expectation that I would upgrade after I got the hang of it, but there was no need. After moving to the Colorado front range, and needing something a little more walkable and hikable, I finally decided to retire them.

My only complaints are the Velcro closures (which tend to loosen on rides after this many years of abuse) and the hard plastic sole, which makes the hike-a-bikes in steep rocky sections a little sketchy.

I rarely write product reviews, but I felt these were deserving. If you are looking for a lower priced XC MTB shoe that will last you many years, look no further.

[May 30, 2014]
mcseforsale

OVERALL
Strength:

Indestructable. Black.

None really...maybe a little heavy.

I've been sporting these since 2004 and it's almost time to retire them. The rubber on 2 of the back lugs is starting to peel off the underlying sole plate and the stretch band thing that holds the 2 sides together under the tongue on one has been disconnected for almost 6 years. Coming from some very expensive (at the time) Specialized rockhopper shoes, which I abused and killed in less than a year, I was worried that these would last a couple of weeks and go into the bin. 10 years later and many, many miles up and down the east coast and I'm still riding around in these. They've been submerged in mud, water, muck, you name it and still look new after a good rinsing with a hose and drying. They are stiff and fit well. I might upgrade to the Epic when the soles finally fully peel off. Until then, I love riding these old shoes.

Several Specialized Rockhopper variants.

[Jan 12, 2013]
Nelson

OVERALL
Strength:

Price is great, and shoes are very durable

Heavy and ugly IMO

This are my first MTB shoes, I got them a year ago mainly because of the price and the good reviews I read in this website. The shoes were a little uncomfortable at the beginning, but after a couple of weeks they were broken in and they felt much better. I ride at least 2 times per week, and I've gotten them wet and full of mud a few time but after a good wash they are back to like new condition. They have really surpassed my expectations! I really thought when I bought them that after a years of constant use I probably had to replace them but it has not been the case. They have plenty of life left in them.

[May 17, 2012]
Cormac

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable

weight? Kinda ugly.

They seem like they're a heavier shoe, I'm sure you could find MTB shoes that are much lighter and just as durable, but not for the price. 5 chillies since the price is right but 4 overall as I can't seem them lasting forever. I have no complaints after a couple weeks with em though. No loose stitches and the velcro still holds strong for the duration of the ride. Also once your feet get used to em they are comfortable enough. My right foot gets sore from these shoes. It was bad at first, but now it's gradually getting better. Maybe I just had to get used to the fit or maybe it was the shoes. Either way it's a non issue now. I wear a size 12 shoe so I ordered a size 12 and it fits like I would expect a size 12 to fit. So order whatever size shoe you normally wear and you'll be good to go. Good shoe for hike-a-bike sections. With pretty good traction off the bike.

Again for the price you really can't do any better. A good entry level shoe for sure. I'll probably pick up something better when these wear out, but until then I can see wearing these for as long as it takes to wear em out. I picked em up as part of my clipless experimentation and I'm glad I did as they helped get me hooked on riding clipless. Pun intended I guess...

[Apr 22, 2012]
Patrick

OVERALL
Strength:

-Great value for money
-Very comfortble
-Quite stiff

-Not as nice looking as some of the higher end shoes

I bought these shoes at pricepoint (of course) which was kind of a risky preposition due to the fact shoe sizes can vary widely. I am generally a size ten in most shoes but I have shoes in sizes 9-11. The size chart jumped from 9.5 -10.5 and I opted for the 10.5s. When they finally arrived in the mail (a couple of weeks to Canada) I put them on and they were a perfect fit. Jump forward a few months and after a break in period these babies are great, I can't believe I got such a perfect fitting and comfortable shoe for such a reasonable price. I bought these and a pair of Shimano pedals for $125 including shipping to Canada. The Velcro straps do a good job keeping your foot nice and snug in the shoe. The sole seems pretty good and grippy for those hike a bike situations and I am sure that the toe spikes will only help in such cases. I opted to leave the spikes out for now but will probably put them in on certain rides. The only thing I can't give my opinion on is if they will last a long time because I have only had them for several months, but they seem to be holding up so far. I typically do a lot of research before a make any purchases and from what I can find you will be hard pressed to find such a great shoe at such a low price. If you are a fairly average rider like me then these might be the shoes for you.

[Feb 22, 2012]
clipless in pa

OVERALL
Strength:

This shoe is well made and fits my slightly wide foot very well, with no cramping in the toe box. They are stiff enough for good power transfer, while having enough flexibility for the hike-a-bike sections. The shoes breathe well and have held up well to a year's worth of riding. They've become my favorite shoe. I've found the sizing to be spot on. The price is also a plus.

Nothing at all to complain about.

I would highly recommend these shoes and plan on buying another pair as a backup in case they are discontinued. I haven't found another shoe that has the fit and build quality at up to twice the price.

Various Nike MTB shoes, Diadoras, and Pearl Izumi.

[Feb 07, 2012]
SoFlaBiker

OVERALL
Strength:

Well made shoe. Other shoes of this level of quality are priced at 2 - 3 times the price and probably won't be as comfortable or the fit will not be to your size. I purchased these as a first pair of clipless shoes and I couldn't be more satisfied with my purchase. The sizing is spot on and the shoes are comfortable are vent well. They clean up easy with a brush & damp cloth. I plan on getting the upgrade to these and using them for races. You can not go wrong getting these shoes.

None as of yet, maybe change out the inserts for some sport gel cushion ones and then it would be perfect !

Can't go wrong with these shoes. Kick Ass value for the money !

[May 10, 2011]
C-Dale_Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

WTF bro? Why didn't anyone tell me about clips before? One ride out and I'm a transformed man. I broke a clavicle because I came out of my platforms once (like 3 months ago) and now that I'm back in the game the CLIPS have turned me into a MACHINE. I enjoy sprinting up hills in my Vibrams whenever I get a chance and being clipped-in gives me the exact same feeling because I'm using my entire range of muscle power. OMFG. Clips. Get. Them. NOW.The Sette shoes I ordered at size 43 came it exactly the same as my Fivefingers so it was a perfect match. They are comfy, stylish, and HOLY MOLY you can rip sh_t up!

NONE

99 bucks at Pricepoint with TIME Alium pedals simply can't be beat. I'm a true believer now. Never before have I been able to shred through the forest fearlessly hopping over roots like a madman gone sane. I can't wait for tomorrow so I can do it again! These shoes and pedals have added a completely new dimension to my riding.

regular shoes with 50/50's

[Sep 28, 2010]
dantzig

OVERALL
Strength:

Attractive, well-constructed, stiff shoe. Affordable price.

Sizes run small. Me and a buddy both ordered shoes in our size according to Sette/Pricepoint's recommendations. Both of our shoes were too small by 1 size. I reordered and 1 size up from what I normally wear fits perfectly.

I am just commenting on the fit, appearance, and my initial impression of the construction. I have not biked with these shoes yet.

[Mar 26, 2010]
derek whitlock

OVERALL
Strength:

Alround great shoe

Sizeing, Too many reviews said the size ran small. After 3 returns, I have found the sizeing to be dead on. If you wear a size 10 order a 10... Wish i had this information when I purchased them.

Order the right size...

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.