Scott Team Boa Shoes

Best Price At

• BOA Lacing System
  • Low Profile
  • X-Traction
  • AHC (Anatomical Heel Cradle)

[Jun 05, 2014]
Trent

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent value, good fit. Very comfortable.

Boa closure system. For my particular foot shape, I just can't adjust the tension in the midfoot region. The boa cable seems to bind up at the top part of the foot before the middle portion gets tight enough for me. Two boa closures would be perfect.

Other than the noted issue that is probably particular to my foot shape, the shoe is an excellent value and so far has been very durable.

[Apr 10, 2014]
kark
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

The shoes provide good traction and they're pretty comfortable though that is purely subjective. Also the gloss finish is pretty garish but again, purely subjective and the gloss gets less awful with use.

Boa lacing is not at all reliable. First fail occured within a couple weeks when I didn't make a swichback, washed out the front tire and sheared the boa assembly off on rocky ground No injuries, low speed, just a typical get off. The problem is that once the boa fails the shoe is wide open. The lower velcro strap does nearly nothing so the shoe is unusable until repaired. The repair, while cheap is a fiddly affair with tiny parts and would be very difficult in anything but clean, well lit conditions. (field repair would be a challenge)
The second time the boa assembly failed was a legitimate JRA. Actually in parking lot pre ride. No impact, it just broke.
Fortunately I was able to zip tie the cable enough to take up slack and ride but that was the last time I will wear them.

In my opinion they are just not durable enough for MTB use. *maybe* road use but, really there are proven, simple, durable systems out there so why bother?

If this failed on me out in the backcountry and I wasn't equipped with either ducttape, zip ties, or some kind of bandage this boa lacing system could create a very difficult, possibly dangerous situation.

I would describe the fit as being on the wider side, which is good for me. The heel is a little looser than I'd prefer, but again, that is dependent on an individuals foot.

Various Sidi's, Scott comp (velcro), Answer, Shimano.

[Oct 26, 2013]
Triglav

OVERALL
Strength:

I really like the BOA system which is the main reason I bought these shoes. I use them for Mt. bike in summer and cyclocross. I liked they have removable front cleats.

These shoes have harder composite soles so not very sticky on rock when hiking. Also, I think the heel pocket is terrible and so when hiking/running up a steep hill if feels like the shoe is going to come off!

I bought these online so will definitely try on a pair next time before buying. Not satisfied due to heel being so loose.

[Nov 04, 2012]
Pelly_NH

OVERALL
Strength:

Amazing value. Exceptional fit with no "hot spots". Great ventilation.

Still about nervous about the longevity of the boa system. With that said, replacement parts are dirt cheap.

For the money, can't be beat!

[May 15, 2012]
MattieB10

OVERALL
Strength:

comfortable, quick "lace up", very breathable, fit to size

None yet

I got these from a buddy of mine that owns a shop, I went in and said I needed new MTB shoes and he didn't hesitate to put these bad larry's on my feet. I have been on a trails with them for about a week and LOVE them. They are so comfortable and the lace up process is a breeze. Traction is great and seem very durable. The only reason I gave it a four in value is because I got a discount so my thoughts are MSRP is decent.

[May 01, 2012]
James

OVERALL
Strength:

lightweigth, suprisingly really good traction, I was walking down unrideable terrain the other day with no slip.

they fit a little loose in the heel... glossy finish is a little much for mountain bike vibe. they look good dirty though. I want to like the cable laces but velcro works better for getting in & out...

if you can get them on sale buy them, if not, I would shop around.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.