Ride Concepts Hellion Shoes

Best Price At
Best Price At

For hard-charging riders who seek out the gnarliest conditions, the Hellion ups the ante when it comes to foot comfort and pedal control.

[Jan 22, 2019]
AZrydesedona

OVERALL
Strength:

Strength of the Hellion would have to be it's similarities to a couple Five Ten shoes in the mid to higher end. Grip feels different/inadequate from my standard Stealths, but the pattern is just about the same. I would love to give it more stars but I am just not seeing the ingenuity here. Toe lace holder is good, has a nice pinch on it that makes it easier to store the laces down on top of your foot. Doesn't tuck away opposite the crank, but nice.

Brand new out of box and tried to compare the grip but it just isn't anywhere near 5.10 and Stealth rubber. Rotated my foot sideways against the pins like I was "clipping out" of my flat pedal but it slipped much easier than my Freeriders. Already took chunks out of the rubber sole before my ride on it. After the ride it got a little more worn on the Sedona rock from some hikeabike slippage. I know Five Ten has been knocked in the past for holding up, but I still have my first Impact from the early 2000's that have worn down, started to peel (glue fixed it), but they never "chunked" like this and still grip like a lizard. Nothing grips like 5.10.

Price Paid:
2018
[Jan 07, 2019]
BrokenRider

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit is spot on, I run size 10 and it fits perfectly. Was tight when new, but broke in quickly. Very comfortable. Solid platform, I ride flats and this shoe is stiff enough to give me more power transfer through my crank stroke. Toe cap protection is solid. Riding hard tail AM and downhill in brutal Bootleg Canyon, I felt less abuse on hard impacts and rough trails. Grip is outstanding, so good that I have to pre-think my foot position before any technical runs to make sure my footing is where I need it to be. If this shoe holds out well on durability, I will never switch brands. Easy to walk in. Excellent purchase...highly recommended. New shoe company is definitely going to give 5 Ten a run for their money. My money is on Ride Concepts.

No weaknesses, lace strap is an added bonus.

Purchased:
New

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.