Pearl Izumi X-Alp Seek Shoes

Pearl Izumi X-Alp Seek MTB/Spin Cycling Shoe has combined a running shoe upper with the award-winning X-Alp bottom for a balanced shoe on and off the pedals.

[Aug 12, 2010]
chilone

OVERALL
Strength:

They do like Harry Potter at the Dudly's. They pretend that they don't exist. To me a good shoe should be the last thing that you notice or think about when you are riding and these fit the bill perfectly.

The laces are kinda bothersome but not to any significant degree.

Like I said, transparent shoes that quietly do what they are supposed to do. Totally comfortable and required NO break in. Ridged but still comfortable to walk in. They seem to be well constructed and durable. Time will tell but so far, completely satisfied.

Old Paramount road bike shoes.

[Feb 11, 2010]
LilJr

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks, feel, price, functionality.

Cleat just barely contacts the ground if you have to walk around in these on pavement.

If you are looking for a more comfortable and stylish MTB SPD shoe that you can walk around in if you have to, these are the shoes for you! I bought these because I loved the way they looked and when I put them on, they felt amazing! The mesh lets your feet breathe, without letting too much air in. I am not sure if they are water resistant, but they seem to be slightly so. The laces tighten up nicely and there is an elastic loop for the laces to go in after they are tied so they don't get stuck in your chain or crank. They are also very reflective which is nice if you are commuting. These shoes have toe and heel reinforcement so they resist wear more and they really come in handy. Try them on and give them a try!

Diadora road SPD shoes

[Sep 08, 2009]
HaveBlue

OVERALL
Strength:

Flexible
Comfortable

None that I can think of

I bought this shoe as a replacement for a pair of older Specialized MTB shoes. My Specialized shoes were (like most MTB shoes) very stiff. They offered no give when walking. The Pearl Izumi shoes are flexible enough for walking, yet rigid enough for riding for a reasonable distance.
Ultimately, I bought these shoes for commuting and recreational riding. I'm very happy with these shoes.

Specialized MTB shoes

[Sep 04, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

comfort, probably good for spinning classes, or really casual riding.

stretched out tops and floppy soles after a month or so of riding. Not easy to clean off the mud, didn't dry out fast. Not really appropriate for trail use.

I got these when i first started mtn biking. They were sold to me by a bike shop who probably thought (since I'm a woman) that I wasn't going to actually ride or something. I guess they were good for all of the hike and biking I first did when I could barely ride.

Anyway, after about 8 weeks of moderate use in clipless pedals the tops really stretched out and the soles got floppy. I had to go and buy some stiffer shoes.

[Aug 15, 2009]
croman130

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything, extremely comfortable and breathable

I tried on every shoe on REI's shelf. Gettng frustrated with the Keen and Shimano shoes that were velcro, I tried these. The laces don't come loose and I could tell the difference in comfort and stabilit right away. Even if you feel laces aren't the way to go, give these a try, you may be surprised.

First pair

[Mar 16, 2009]
got2bike

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort, Ventilation

SPD sole recess too shallow

Rode these shoe right out of the box with my new mountain bike. Good grip on the platform pedals. Two months later I installed SPD pedals and cleats. I haven't pulled out of the shoes yet. Since the bright color bothered me, I took a black Permanent marker and colored over the big bright colored areas and replaced the laces with black ones. One bad thing is the recess in the sole for the SPD cleats are not deep enough, as the cleat slightly contacts the pavement (right shoe) while walking, but not enough to cause any walking hazards.

Shimano MTB-31

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.