Pearl Izumi X-Alp Elite Shoes

Pearl Izumi X-Alp Elite Shoe: The X-Alp ELITE is our "go to" shoe for those epic rides that involve any hiking.

[Sep 01, 2013]
fred-da-trog
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

All the hype in the Pearl Izumi's description paragraph rings true.

None yet

I've been abusing these shoes for 5 months. Lots of banging up against sags,logs and boulders. They are not scuffing and tearing apart as other shoes have after one ride. Miles of hike a bike. Very comfortable and good grip in all soil and rocks.

I would have given 5 chilis but I've never been able to afford and compare to expensive shoes that everyone else raves over. These were at the upper end of my budget and worth every penny

Lake, Specialized, Shimano

[Oct 13, 2011]
dmclemens

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, good pedaling, nice straps, good pedal-shoe interface.

None yet.

These are great shoes, they fit and feel great right out of the box. I've always used stiff soled shoes for riding, so I was wary of these initially, but they feel great on the bike. The only area that flexes much is the toe area, and for where I mount my cleats it doesn't really feel too flexy. They feel great walking/climbing/hiking. I have no issues with my old Time ATAC pedals. The adjustable length of the click-strap is a nice feature.

Really old Specialized Race shoes, old Shimano carbon sole three strap shoes

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.