Pearl Izumi Viper Shoes

Pearl Izumi Viper Mountain Shoe has a Carbon fiber I-Beam design for light weight and maximum stiffness. Aggressive tread with tacky gripping surface for incredible traction and durability in wet and dry conditions. Seamless air mesh upper for lightwei

[Jul 08, 2008]
pdxyclist

OVERALL
Strength:

Product works well. It's comfortable, stiff, and has good traction for mandatory portages.

Boa lacing system simply doesn't last. I would avoid this and any other shoe that uses this system.

Good shoe if it would last more than 1/2 a season.

[Dec 10, 2006]
Irmina

OVERALL
Strength:

Light and stiff, boa system allows adjustment w/o dismounting (non tech uphills only, of course)

Had to figure out the best way to tighten without finding out you overtightened them ten minutes into the ride. Tighten while pulling your toes toward your shin.

I've put some miles on these babies. They are well worth the money. It has a roomy toe box for islanders like me. The rand has saved my toes from banging on rocks. I went from recreational type shoes to these racers, so, I had to get used to the stiffness. Once I got used to them, I never went back. I've used them for all mountain, too. They've taken a beating and still look good. I've ridden through mud and water and they cleaned up easily. I just wish the soles at the bottom were a little grippier for rock hikes.