Nashbar Sport II Shoes

Nashbar Sport II Mountain Shoe has high-end features at a value price. 2 velcro straps to hold your foot securely. Nylon sole with removable toe spikes. 2-bolt compatible.

[Jul 31, 2020]
Function0

OVERALL
Strength:

I bought these 9 years ago. I used them for every bike trip since. Every commute, every casual weekend ride, and more recently, every trail ride and tour. They're on a few thousand miles at this point and starting to fall apart. I've worn down the toe box down to the inner liner (didn't think to put the cleats in earlier). Anyway, these are incredibly comfortable, reliable, awesome performers. For $40 its incredible how much use I got out of them. Maybe nashbar brings them back one day.

Nothing beats the value for these as a starter pari

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2011
[Feb 23, 2012]
afullsodacan

OVERALL
Strength:

-Comfortable
-Pretty Breathable
-Durable
-Fairly Lightweight
-True to size
-Versatile
-Good stiff sole for transferring power

-only one color choice
-Be nice if it had 3 straps instead of 2, but they get pretty tight

These are the first pair of shoes that I bought that clip in. I am impressed with them. They work really well with the Crankbrothers Eggbeaters that I also bought from Nashbar. I have used them for about 8 months now mountain biking most weekends, and so far they seem pretty durable and strong. They don't feel like they are flexible or flimsy. The sole is strong and I do not notice a pressure point at all with the eggbeaters as some people talk about.

I am not really a weight nazi when it comes to something like shoes, and am not sure how they compare in weight to other brands, but to me they seem fairly light. I would imagine they're not even close to the weight of carbon ones, but I could care less when they cost like $200+

I normally wear 11.5's in regular shoes, so I was a little worried they would be a little on the small side since I ordered 45's, but they actually fit me perfectly. Not too tight, not too loose.

I also think they look good, and I especially like that they match both my MTB and my road bike colors. The only improvement I can think of is that Nashbar could make is that they could offer the shoes in more colors and maybe add a 3rd strap. Oh, and maybe narrow the leather tongue a little.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the quality of them, especially at such a great price.