Five Ten Impact Shoes

Best Price At
Available At

For the Impact 2 and Impact 2 high, the collar and Raptor tongue patterns were refined, plus slingshot construction at the heel locks the foot down for a secure and comfortable fit from heel to toe. Reflective silver accents will pop for all those rock star photo shoots. Action leather upper material for lightweight, all-season durability and Stealth S1 outsoles for high friction and shock absorption.

[Apr 29, 2014]
byknphil

OVERALL
Strength:

Well built and stick to a GOOD pedal like glue.

You only get one maybe two seasons out of them.

Overall, well worth the money in my book.

[Nov 24, 2012]
endlesstrails

OVERALL
Strength:

Sole design and material adheres to pedals like fly paper.
Wrap around tongue prevents any bunching and prevents any slipping around inside the shoe.
Good padding and side protection

Semi-high padding can irritate ankle bones - if you're like me and have a weird ankle bone.

This shoe is awesome in so many respects. It is acceptably stiff for riding, yet comfortable for walking. The soft rubber soles grip supremely. Combined with the effective sole pattern, these shoes will not move when paired with a quality flat pedal.

Just for fun, I took my kid's bike for a spin with its cheapo plastic flats. These shoes held tightly against the smooth plastic ridges on the edges of the pedals and I was able to bunny hop it with ease (though I must have looked ridiculous).

The only reservation I've had with the shoe has been declining as they've worn in. The mid high ankle padding pressed tightly against my inside ankle bones. I'm unusual in this respect in that I have relatively low ankle bones, and this has been an issue for me in certain ski boots, skates and hiking shoes. Fortunately, the padding has broken in nicely and its not a problem anymore. If you understand what I mean about the ankle bones, you may wish to opt for the high top version of this shoe. I've decided that I'm keeping these.

[Aug 04, 2012]
Lew242

OVERALL
Strength:

Support, comfort, protection, grip.

The Impact lows are really grippy, about 30% grippier than a 5/10 free ride shoe. They suit me perfectly as I ride hard and I need to hike-a-bike so cannot clip in easily and I like the extra grippiness and protection over the free ride shoe. So good they are nearly good enough to be a walking shoe too. I like to pedal a lot so I don't want the high top version which might be better for dh riders.

5/10 free ride scribble, 5/10 freeride red baron.

[Jul 14, 2012]
ihaveagibsonsg

OVERALL
Strength:

Amazing grip, Rigid, comfortable, durable, high quality materials, reasonably priced.

I've been looking for a great platform shoe to try out and I read the reviews on here which led me to decide to try these out. I'm glad I did because they live up to all the hype and praise that people give them. The grip is unrelenting and you will stick to your pedals just like you're clipped in, its amazing. You even get the lift that people in clips always brag about why their clips are better than flats. They're comfortable enough to wear around the house too and they grip when walking up a steep trail unlike the clip in cleats. They offer great protection too which was a must for me in a flat. They fit snug so get a size up. I normally wear a 10-10 1/2 and I bought an 11.

[Jun 13, 2012]
TheAllCreator

OVERALL
Strength:

Super grippy, uber comfortable, stiff thick soles.

Pretty much none.

I decided to buy some of these on my friends reccomendation, after tearing a hole in the sole of my cheap skate shoes. I wish I had lashed out and bought these as soon as I bought my first proper flat pedal MTB. They are just the perfect design for flat pedal riding. I ride DJ and DH, and some minor trail riding. Issues I'd had with other shoes were thin soles, causing much discomfort over rough DH courses. These shoes have stiff, thick soles, which solve the problem. I spent 3 hrs riding on flat trais the other day, and they performed excellently. no blisters, no rubbing, no sore feet. Immensly grippy. As in, you have no idea... If you run flat pedals, stop reading reviews. You will find no better shoes for the job. Go to a store, try some on, and buy them.

[Apr 27, 2012]
The-Ox

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip, durability, comfort

These shoes are a true "game changer" for those who are just using skate shoes with platforms. Not only do these stick to your pedals like glue with the stealth rubber and a very firm sole, but they built them to be bullet proof AND comfortable. Even when you have to hike-a-bike the stealth rubber sticks to any terrain better than most hiking shoes.

Thicker tongued Vans & Etnies. Hi-Tec hiking shoes

[Mar 15, 2012]
javelina1

OVERALL
Strength:

Incredible grip! I was recommended these shoes, to use with platforms. They stick like hot tar. Incredible. I find them to be very comfortable. I was looking for a good solution, to move beyond clipless. Clipless is great for those who want to use it, but I really was wanting to change over to platforms. I'm using these shoes with the Wellgo MG-1's.

Nothing at this point.

Awesome shoe. Highly recommended for platforms. Grip like hot tar!

Shimano SPD shoes with the cleats on Time ATAC pedals.

[Dec 11, 2011]
stangbang

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip and comfort.

Not the most attractive...

Maybe the best accessory for MTB that I have bought. Made me a better rider. No more feet bouncing off the pedals.

Skate shoes

[Oct 13, 2011]
ts818
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip is unbeatable... almost too much

The toe isn't as reinforced as they claim it to be, but no big deal

Bought these because I had poor pedals and beat shoes. When i got them I thought they were amazing. But when I demoed a bike with fresh pedals, i thought these were unbelievable. Your glued to the pedal just like they say, have to pull your foot off to readjust on pedal. (This makes you a better rider as well) They have a loop to hold your laces, they're durable, tight around the ankle so that **** from the trail never gets inside, comfy, awesome. Don't know what more you need.

[Jul 15, 2011]
PeloNZ

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip extremely well to the pedals
Reasonable traction for walking slopes or slop
Versatile for all styles of riding

Uncomfortable off the bike
Heavy
Ugly
Be careful with the laces vs. chainring

I use these shoes with chunky flat pedals on all my rides, including any XC racing I do.
With a decent set of pedals you can't put a foot wrong while wearing 5Tens.

trainers, skate shoes, lightweight hiking boots

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.