Diadora Kava Shoes

Sole: Innersole made of Diapan Fiber® and Politech® dual components featuring a diversified rigidity. Sole track made of vulcanised high resistance Duratech® rubber.

Material: Lorica®, synthetic wear-proof and resinated polyester fibre with wide transpiration Mesh® panels. Reflecting inserts.

Closure: A micrometric multiple-pitch lever with two self-locking Tech Stopper® tie rods. Lever support plates made of Politech® and E.V.A. shock-proof inserts.

Heel: Containing cupping made of dual-density Politech® and a carbon insert.

Support: Anatomic and removable made of E.V.A. and Cambrelle® with forced aeration and micro-perforated holes.

[Mar 27, 2010]
sprksthrsc
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Indescribable

I don't bike, really. I managed to find these shoes on ebay and got'em for a steal, thinking that they were running shoes. Not only do they look good, but even if you are a runner, they get the job done, and get it done well. Superb fit, and a grip that just seems to make your pace faster. You'd be a fool not to get these.

[Aug 11, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks and feels the way it fits - superb.

This is a shoe that seems to have a secret energy transfer technology that kick's ass. The shoes conformed to my feet and gave me a sense that all the energy I put into my feet was transferred directly into my bike. They seemed to meld me to the bike. Yes, they were a little stiff, but that seem to be what was needed to make the connection to the bike.

Nothing similar

[Mar 16, 2002]
JHC

OVERALL
Strength:

Tough, Stiffness

I was a little worried about fit when I ordered them. Pressure points?, I wasn't sure. So I took them out for a test ride on the road, pinch flatted about 3 miles out, and took a shortcut through the woods back. I had to run the whole way back to keep the mosquitoes at bay. Needless to say they were (well) broken in by the time I got back to the truck. One year later, after training for and riding in 9 Wors races the shoes are still in great shape and just as comfortable. 5 hot cobs for these ones.

Chili, Shimano, Nike

[Sep 25, 2001]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort (they're shoes, if they don't feel comfortable,
DONT buy em)
Subdued looks (mine are black and grey, not the flashy red in the pic. above)

Buckles: seem somewhat flimsy but no problems yet.
Width: I have what I believe is a relatively "normal" width foot but I am not able to feed in more than a couple notches from the straps into the ratcheting buckles or my feet go numb (may be a personal problem because my hands fall asleep while riding too....and im fairly certain that is NOT caused by my shoes... haha)

I'm glad I went with a "higher end" shoe for my first set of shoes. They fit like a glove (read above comments) and are very comfy to ride in so long as I don't try to crank 'em too tight. The shoes are stiff, as they are SUPPOSED to be, so walking in them isn't the best..... I guess that's why they're biking shoes not hiking shoes though. At least now, if I think I'm having an "energy transfer" problem, I KNOW it's cuz I'm just not supplying enough energy. Great shoes, buy 'em if they fit ya.

None.... new to the sport

[Jul 24, 2001]
Keith

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit, style, stiffness

Minor hot spots initially

Good shoe. Initially it's not as comfortable as my old SIDI's (few shoes are), but give me a few more rides and I'll post another review in a few months. So far no complaints. The hot spots are around the buckles and I suspect that as I get more looooong rides in the shoes will stretch a bit and become more comfortable. Luckily the hot spots have not resulted in blisters. I too had to order my shoes a size larger than you'd normally order and it made all the difference in the world. The soles are mega stiff and that's what I like. I'm a relatively big rider (pushing 200lbs.) and I like it when I can get all my weight into a pedal stroke. Walking is a little uncomfortable in these shoes (So ride everything you slacker and quit whining if you hike a bike a lot!) A great price for these shoes at Performance. Hence I'm giving them 5 flamin' chilis for both value and overall.

SIDI, Answer

[Jan 03, 2000]
Bykor

OVERALL
Strength:

great durability, efficiency, and fit

takes about a 2 months to break them in, b/c of buckle

The take a few months of some off bike walking to break in and until then they do have a pressure point. After they are broken in the are fine though. They are extremely durable I have hade mine through two WV race seasons and training that is over 3,000 miles and the are still great. Extremely stiff sole equals very efficient transfer of energy. They are easy to clean up, and people will see you on night rides. I give 5 chilis, b/c a month of a little pressure for 2 years of great performance is worth it.

sidi dominator 2

[May 20, 1998]
Jacques Mahogoff

OVERALL

Diadora schmeeadora. Best suited for Spanish Inquisition Spinning Classes, I'd recommend these shoes exclusively for the Count De Masoch and his nut-grinding minions. Pretending to bury the hatchet with a local rival, I sent these shoes his way as a gift. Some nights it keeps me awake - no, not guilt - but a euphoric, unabashed glee. I'm sporting wood just thinking about it now.
Adios, suckers.

[May 13, 1998]
mike pauli

OVERALL

i got a deal on these about 6 months ago, which was one of the reasons i bought them. had i not gotten the deal i did, i probably would have gotten something else. on the positive side, they're hella stiff on and off the bike, and the cleats really help you dig on steep hikes or hilly, muddy sections. the ratchets work really well and give you a really good fit, and they dont slip off your heels. on the down side though, on long rides, the outsides of your feet hurt due to that big piece of plastic mentioned in a previous post, and you might have to trim away some of the sole in order to get a proper cleat fit. the color of these things might scare small children and the people you ride with may laugh at you for wearing them, but as for performance, they're a really good shoe. i think the funniest thing i ever heard about them was from a friend of mine who told me they looked like Tyco's My First Mountain Bike Shoe.

[Feb 24, 2001]
Trent

OVERALL
Strength:

Very Flashy, I have the Yellow colour, instant comfort (like a scuba boot), Not as pricy as Shimano shoes

On my first ride the RLS buckle broke (THE FIRST RIDE!!!!)
Kind of a pain to send back, then they got lost in the mail! GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
Could have made a better product for the price u pay for these shoes

Alright shoe excellent fit, but just not a very durable shoe in my opinion. Try SIDI, or Shimano if u have the money

SIDI, Shimano, Gaerne, AXD

[Mar 01, 1999]
Joey

OVERALL

These shoes are great. I bought the 99's a few weeks ago and they are very comfortable right out of the box. I have heard horror stories about the old kava's, but the new ones have a different buckle, so the problems are gone. They look alot better than the old ones too.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.