Bont Vaypor XC Shoes

The Bont Vaypor XC features a hand-made, wrap-around carbon sole precisely fabricated to resist the unique stresses placed on a cycling shoe. Real rubber lugs (replaceable) are designed to maximize off-bike grip and minimize the retention of dirt and mud.

[Jun 27, 2019]
ejj85CO

OVERALL
Strength:

Strengthts: Great fit, stiff carbon sole, great power transfer, 1-boa buckle on top of tongue allows for quick entry and exit, (very easy to take on and off) light weight, heat moldable, very hard rubber lugged soles. Lowest price compared to other top end shoes. The negative reviews below are from a previous 2015 version of this shoe with ratchet buckle and different lugs on the sole. I've been riding these for only 2 weeks. Prior to this shoe I was wearing an older S-Works shoe. These are more durable and better build than the S-Works I was using. Great for cross country or gravel grinding. I'm surprised they did not make the top ten list but they are not a trail riding shoe.

Weaknesses: Outer material may scuff and tare easily on sharp rocks. It feels a bit rubbery and soft. Super stiff sole is not good for walking and may not perform well for cycle cross These did not come with screw-in spikes for mud or cyclecross racing. After reading the former review I thought I had made the wrong decision. Then after riding in them for 2 weeks, I really like them. I've been an avid cyclist 30+ years.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2019
[Nov 30, 2015]
Jason

OVERALL
Strength:

No strength with this shoe. If I was forced to pick something positive I would say fit.

quality and the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

This is hands down the most disappointing bike related purchase I have ever made!! The upper on both shoes peeled off of the sole after less then a month and 500 miles. The shoes were completely un ride able. My LBS started sending emails to Bont warranty as did I. After 2 months of no response I turned to FaceBook IM and finely got a response from Steven Nemeth, the CEO of Bont. Right away he told me that these were not MTB shoes...Really, it says that they are in the description. Steven promised to "make things right" and offered to make me a wear tester for Bont and "personally take care of this". That was back in May, it's now Nov and I have received nothing. Then back in Sep Steven offered to send me a pair of road shoes along with my replacement MTB shoes as an apology. That was 3 months ago, and I have received nothing. It has been 8 months of Bont promising shoes and I am still waiting! Every other MTB shoe that I have ever had has lasted 3 or 4 years. I would not recommend wasting your hard earned money on this product.

Sidi, Specialized, Giro

[Nov 02, 2014]
Elissa

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent fit and feel through the shoe to control the bike. By far the most comfortable and best feel / power transfer of any MTB shoe I have owned. Other brands used are Sidi, Shimano (several pairs). Tends to not collect water in the shoe due to the closed memory foam inner.

I can not recommend this product. I share the same problems as the other reviews. The buckles are appalling. They break with almost every ride, I have glued the other protective panels back on, which as I love the fit is ok, however I will have to change shoes as the buckles don't last one ride and have had to bail and go home last ride due to this.

I own a bike shop and will not sell this shoe although happy to sell the road version with no problems.

[Oct 13, 2014]
John G.

OVERALL
Strength:

You think you are buying a great shoe. Truth is even after heat molding they will not be as comfortable as a comparatively priced Sidi or Shimano. They are stiff.

These shoes WILL FALL APART shortly after use. The protective molding will first begin to peel off and then fall off completely. The buckles will fail! I've used mine a few months and began seeing failure. My Sidi and Shimano shoes have lasted years!! These only months with lite use. The warranty is a joke. Bont will give you the run around until you give up and buy something else. Do NOT buy these shoes. You will hate them eventually.

Do Not buy these shoes!!! If I could give 1/2 chili I would.

[Feb 27, 2014]
MonkeyBoy650

OVERALL
Strength:

They can be molded to your feet, and so can be very comfortable. Very light weight also

Buckles will break!
Pieces (lots of them) will fall completely off, all the rubber tread, pieces of fabric!!
Customer support is a bunch of complete a-holes and will deny your warranty claim, saying you "damaged" the shoes

DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF BUYING THESE SHOES. I got some Vaypor XC brand new...put brand new bike computer on the bike which said zero miles. Rode these shoes, and when the computer said ~100miles, PIECES STARTED FALLING OFF!!! Around ~120 miles, one of the rachet buckles broke OFF!! Got to 150miles, larger portions of the fabric upper started delaminating!!! Then at 200miles, so many parts were trying to come off, that I could see my toes through the top of the shoe!!! I had to superglue the entire fabric upper and all the rubber tread parts back to the shoes to be able to even use them!!! In all my 20 years of riding bike, these are the absolute, single-worst, bicycle product I have ever used, or heard of someone using. Even ONE chilli is vastly overratting these shoes... If you want pictures of the failures, find me on the forums and I will show you...

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.