Answer Kashmir Winter Shoe Shoes

New this season, our brand spanking new winter boot is focused on value and performance, featuring price points that are far lower than the (scarce) competition. Just try finding a cold weather shoe with these features at a similar price.

Sole: Hi-Traction, insulated rubber sole with stiff hard sole
Upper: Adjustable Neoprene ankle closure and Pittards leather
Available in Size: 38 through 48 in whole sizes

[Jan 05, 2010]
Trail6

OVERALL
Strength:

Warm and roomy. Fits true to size with extra space for thicker socks. FYI, I take a 45 Shimano and the 45 Answers fit perfectly.

Neoprene inner liner can be a little tough to slide your foot into. Padding around the ankle can rub on crankarm.

Couldn't stand another winter of frigid feet and trying to stay warm using double socks with plastic bags so made the purchase of these shoes. If you're on the fence about buying a winter shoe, do it! Used the Kashmirs in 20F weather and even with a dunking in water the feet stayed warm and dry. I'm actually enjoying cold weather riding this year.

[May 17, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, durable, waterproof

Not insulated

Great value for the $$$. I beat the daylights out of mine, riding all winter long in mud, snow and ice. I just treat them with snow seal in the fall and ride with confidence my feet will stay warm and dry no mater what the conditions. If you ride where temps can fall into the single didgets or lower, buy a size bigger than normal to give room for heavier socks.

Variety of mt bike shoes

[Nov 20, 2008]
dwsteig

OVERALL
Strength:

low price, high quality leather, soft rubber sole for traction, warm, waterproof

not Gore-tex, hard to find

A good investment, makes winter rides much more comfortable. Regular cycling socks down to about 30 degrees, wool for colder temps. I usually wear a size 10.5 US, in these I bought a 44 (US 10) and they fit perfectly... with a tad extra room for heavier socks when needed.

Best value out there in Winter shoes

[Nov 01, 2008]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfy, soft leather, warm, good price.

Anke pads don't line up with the "knobs" on my ankles....not a big deal really.

I bought these because my regular cycling shoes have mesh tops and are unsuitable for winter riding. I like these a lot. I use regular cycling socks down to about 40 degrees and below that I wear wool socks. Make sure you try them on with what socks you intend to wear in them. They come with a couple of removeable cleats (like soccer shoe cleats) that screw in at the toe for climbing. I don't use them. Inserts are provided to take the place of the cleats.

[Oct 23, 2008]
John

OVERALL
Strength:

Warm, comfortable. I looked at Lakes, expensive but told they're warmer than Answer's. I also went with the recommendation of the fellow at the store who uses these, which is what counted the most. I bought the next size up to layer and have room, but my actual size seemed tight. First ride at 38 degrees, and feet were warm for once in near cold with heavier cotton socks (I have wools for cold). Nice leather uppers, and look good. Three velcro straps for adjusting. Just can't wipe drips on socks anymore.

Sizes may run small. With larger size, heel moved around a bit when walking in them, but no problem on bike.

Don't dread cold toes from winter rides. Buy if you want to keep going in the cold. Buy larger for layering.

Specialized, though not winter shoes, which is part of the problem, with neoprene booties. I haven't tried Lakes, but have heard BOA system is a bear. And I bought these on sale, and way less than Lakes. Used money saved for new pedals.

[Apr 03, 2008]
Paul Swearingen

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable, Waterproof, Winter Resistant down to -5F, Good Velcro Strength, and an ankle pad

None found yet

Purchase specifically for winter ice biking, I took a chance with an unknown shoe, the Answer. It indeed provided me all the comfort necessary to handle this years extended winter. It was used in trail and road biking temperatures down to -5F, up into the low 60's in the spring. It has also been in water, snow and mud without damage or discomfort. The clip ons always operated without fail and the velcro buckle system has consistently provided a proper lace. The feature I appreciated the most is the padded ankle. It definately provided me the protection needed in more than one spill this winter. As I approach the spring and summer rides, the shoe will be substituted with summer shoes and brought out again next winter.

Thanks MTBR for marketing the Answer for me this winter.

Shimano

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.