Pearl Izumi Aloft Sleeveless Jersey Jersey

[May 21, 1998]
Miles
racer

OVERALL

Anyone who knows the first thing about bikes knows that Pearl Izumi and
quality in clothing are synonymous. So when I bought my first jersey,
naturally I looked for a P.I. one. With a full length zipper, no sleeves,
and a mesh back, this one looked to be the coolest. I bought a blue one,
and after several seasons of being my only jersey for riding and racing, it
looks as good as the day I bought it. I now own several jerseys, but on
those really hot days, this is my only choice. It wicks sweat well and helps
keep me from overheating. Anyone who rides in 85+ degree weather should own
one.

[Jun 05, 2000]
Al G.

OVERALL
Strength:

Well Designed, Great price

Man, I can't believe I've gone this long without a REAL jersey! What a difference! Down here in Texas it does'nt get hot, It gets MUCHO CALIENTE! Did a 3 hour stint on Sunday and barely broke a sweat even though it was about 90 degrees. Great design, materials and fit. AND almost half the price of all the other jersey's with foo-foo graphics all over 'em. Bring on the heat!

Canari, T-shirts, maesh shirts

[Jan 14, 2003]
George

OVERALL
Strength:

Keeps me as comfy as a person can be in hot Texas weather (over 100 degrees!)
Looks great.
Fits great.
Wears like Iron.

None so far, except that the white color is more prone to staining than the darker colors. But hey, anybody with a perfectly spotless white jersey is a "garage queen" anyway!

If you ride in hot weather, this will be a good jersey for you. It's not quite as cool as the Pearl Izumi mesh, but it looks a bit sleeker. I only wear white jerseys for a number of reasons (reflects heat, good visibility, most graphics look goofy) and the white color does absorb stains from red gatorade, blood and bike grease, as well as the red clay dirt around east Texas. But with some OxyClean in the laundry, your jersey will come clean again and it'll be good for many years of tough wear and hard riding / workouts in the woods. ***Note: My experience with these wicking fabricks is that you should never dry them in the electric dryer - just lay the flat or hang them out, and they'll be completely dry in a short while. Electric dryers will cook the fabric and make it feel less supple; and it's probably not good for the wicking characteristics of the fabric either. Also, NEVER wear any workout clothes right after you've bought them. The manufacturer's sizing and treatment of the fabric can irritate and chafe your skin unless you've washed it first.

P.I. mesh sleeveless; Sugoi; Nike; Zoic, yada yada yada.

[Dec 09, 2002]
Glenn Vernes

OVERALL
Strength:

Coolness, fit, style

Rear pockets too small, less protection from cuts & scrapes.

The setup in hot weather. I wear it when it's really hot on the road bike and moderately hot on the mountain bike. Much cooler than a short sleeve jersey, and also allows better freedom of movement. The back is made of mesh, like your girlfriend's stockings. They also look stylish; they're available in a variety of colors and don't have loud graphics or huge logos on them. And they allow you to show off whatever biceps/shoulders you might have. Gripes? Well, the three rear pockets are too small (you can't stuff a rain jacket in any of them, for example) and you will get more cuts/scrapes on your shoulders/upper arms than with a short sleeve jersey.

Various short sleeve jerseys.

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.