Showers Pass Century Jacket Jackets

The Century Jacket is the best light weight jacket you can buy anywhere, for any price. Designed for the person who wants to cycle 100 miles in a day, or needs cover fast.

[Dec 02, 2008]
cleo

OVERALL
Strength:

Bright, good reflection, retractable extended back tail, well vented

Long tail catches on saddle when getting up for a real effort, pit-zips leak, front chest pocket leaks, front zip leaks

It seems I have a different product than the previous posters. I got this jacket so I would have a waterproof barrier that was well vented making a 50 degree downpour a dry and warm experience. This was not to be. The jacket leaked walking in the rain, with all zips closed. I contacted the company (email) multiple times and received no reply. Riding in heavy rain, I had my phone in the chest pocket, and it got soaked (yes, it was zipped), as well wet through the other zippers. I'm quite disappointed, as my Arcteryx jacket is flawless, but not as vented as you would want on a bike. The Showers Pass works well in light rain, but here in New Orleans, you can get some serious precipitation... So I have a really expensive wind breaker. One final note, I have the Showers Pass waterproof breathable rain pants, and they are great. Well vented, no leaking. Those get 5 Flamin' Chilies!

Arcteryx sidewinder jacket

[May 07, 2007]
Yasmin Halcrow

OVERALL
Strength:

Highly waterproof and very breathable. Packs up small to easily fit in jersey pocket.

Haven't found one yet - although you'd need more layering in cold climes.

This is the best technical jacket I have ever used. Brilliant for biking in the rain. Doesn't get hot & sweaty, even when battling up massive hills. Went jogging in this jacket through the hills & even that didn't cause discomfort.
Dave Morrow at Showers Pass went out of his way to find a women's size XS for me (sizing is often a problem for me). Customer service was excellent.
Don't waste your money - buy this jacket or similar Showers Pass brand. It works.

Netti Diva Storm Jacket, Zoot Sports Flex.

[Mar 15, 2008]
Scott A.

OVERALL
Strength:

Extremly waterproof, breathable

Water repellancy seems to diminish over time. But it can be rejuvenated following manufactures instructions.

I was looking for the "Best" rainjacket available. And I think I found it with Showers Pass.I've had mine for a little under a year. It works as advertised. I have noticed over time that I get a little moisture in heavy rain. But the label says you can rejuvenate the water repellant by following the label instructions. I've yet to do this but I will. If this doesn't work. Then I'll use ReviveX. But the jacket is a great all-around jacket. Takes the place of having several jackets for different conditions. It makes a great outer shell in Cold temps. This with a SportHill cold weather jacket underneath keeps me comfortable down to the mid-teens. Fit is good. I'm 5'9" 170lbs. Only drawback is they don't make it anymore. But Showers Pass is good stuff.

Old Cannondale jacket that felt like a sauna.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.