MET Cracker Jack Helmet

MET Cracker Jack

[Nov 07, 2010]
akmal hizam

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, small size, airy design

Pads are thin and low quality, not enough velcro to retain in place.

My head is small and it's hard to find good fit among popular makes and models. Tried Giro Hex and Xen, but it hurts big time on my temple.

Crackerjack fits me nicely, all around. The strap is of good quality and it's a one-off adjust and you can forget about it afterwards.

What's really nice about it is that it is lightweight - sub 300 grams. Couple that with the big volume ventilation, I can almost say that I don't feel like wearing a helmet.

Once Met sort out the flimsy pad quality, it's a very good helmet. Inclusion of a set of spare pads would give it a 5 chilis for overall from me.

my first helmet

[Sep 26, 2010]
Lucky Luciano

OVERALL
Strength:

-Very light, for its price
-Decent venting

-Dull colour choices
-Padding should have been a little thicker/softer

You get a crackin' helmet for 50 bucks. I got a silver one, I wish it came in white or green but flashy designs seem to be linked with more expensive helmets.

[Dec 09, 2003]
Felix Timlock

OVERALL
Strength:

This is no question the best helmet I know of, it looks good (even on your head), lite, nice colours, comfy, good warrantee and return policy, removable viza, in-moulding, plenty of "speed holes" to keep you cool, great fitting system, great value, great all round helmet I would recommend to anybody.

None at all.

Great helmet, suits anybody. %110 worth the money.

Adura Acent.

[Apr 07, 2004]
Jonathan 'jonowee' Wee

OVERALL
Strength:

- In-moulding
- Safe-T lite fitting system, firm fit
- better visibility than my old helmet and this has a visor.
- vents that actually work!
- great value- in-moulding, locking fit system
- neat, graphics, nothing overwhelming
- reflective sticker on the back of helmet

- rachating Safe-T is pretty much guess work when securing the helmet, so use your thumb as a gauge. This is a 'sport' level helmet, so no linear pull adjusters.
- straps take a while to get initial fit when you just got the helmet, but that happens with all helmets.
- Strange, no side vents but it doesn't affect venting.

The above weakness are nothing, this is a very good helmet.

Very good helmet for the price. As a first helmet it's highly recommended from me, better value the GIRO or BELL.

V-22 Raptor (no brand generic helmet, cooks brains even in winter)

[Aug 13, 2006]
Barry King

OVERALL
Strength:

light, well ventilated, smaller fit, comfortable, looks cool and like it should cost a lot more cos its actually pretty cheap

big air vent in centre on top can make it a little difficult to mount some lighting systems

Pretty sweet helmet, absolutely no real weaknesses. Pumped that I finally found a helmet that doesn't look ridiculous on my small head.

The light mounting issue is probably only due to my dodgy homemade setup anyway.

Met Tephro (roadie style - looks dumb on me but good otherwise), Giro Torero, Adura Prelude

[Sep 14, 2000]
Chris

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks great, comes in some really cool colours which compliment the shape of the helemt nicely. The vents really do keep you cool which is important on hot days.

None that i have found

If you want a stylish helmet, for a resonably low price then this helmet is the one for you. If you're a more serious rider then you may wish to choose something a bit more expensive.

[Jan 11, 2001]
Gregory Brown

OVERALL
Strength:

Price
Weight
Looks

lack of vents
Hard to Adjust

Good helemt, my wife has it now as I've got a Parabellum instead. Too hot in Summer due to lack of vents, but great in Winter. Can be hard to adjust, but you only do this once, so I can live with that.

Met Parabellum

[Jun 23, 1999]
bob

OVERALL

This helmet is a good looking helmet for the price.It isn't taped at the seam, it is bonded. It has some good color schemes too- no cheesy designs- just stripes. It is very comfortable, and comes with a visor and a good retention system. I found this helmet in England when I was there and I haven't seen them in the U.S. -- By the way, England's mountain bike mags are way better than the U.S.'s.

[Jun 23, 1999]
bob

[Sep 30, 2002]
Jimmy Chan

OVERALL
Strength:

Good looking helmet that doesn't give the familiar "boofy" appearance. It is slimline due to its shallow depth. Nice colours too!

Haven't found any!

A good helmet at a good price. As yet I haven't found another helmet with slim and compact features. The straps are easy to adjust & the retention system is tops. The air flow through the vents is just as good as the $200 models. The visor has a compact design that does not obstruct the riders view too badly.....other helmets are worse! For anyone who hates the "boofy" look, this is the way to go.

Bell Image Pro, Nemesis II and Aquila.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.