Louis Garneau Wings Helmet

Louis Garneau Wings

[Jul 04, 2003]
Charles

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, good venting (keeps the head cool even in Florida heat), locks down tight with no movement. Forehead pads absorb most sweat.

could maybe use a little more venting, but thats just being picky

Great helmet. I picked it up on sale at bike nashbar for $45. It sure beats the pants out of my cheapo Giro helmet. I like the cool max or whatever pads on the helmet, they do a great job of keeping the sweat out of my eyes. There is NO helmet movement at all once you get this baby adjusted right.

Giro cheapo helmet

[Mar 16, 2002]
Francis

OVERALL
Strength:

The spiderlock, the way it looks,great ventilation, comfortable, great price and its pretty light!!

The visor is pretty small!

This helmet is a great for extreme bikers!!!You souldn't buy this if you dont bike a lot but if you doo, bike a lot, you will think that this is a realy good value for the price you payed!BUY IT!!!Noting is more comfortable then this helmet.The looks will make you look like a pro!!!

None so far!!!

[Jan 10, 2002]
"Not Erik" Estrada

OVERALL
Strength:

Canadian designing

Needs LARGE vents for the warmer U.S. southern climates--mainly Texas' 30+ days of 100 degree weather!

My first 'Wings' got kinda scratched up,but it was still usable. The velcro adhesive on the visor is still too inadequate for Southwest U.S.A. use ;no 'stick power' in the Texas heat!
SO---- when I called VERMONT Bike & Ski,and asked for help in ordering a replacement LG helmet ,VT Bike&Ski just shipped a new 'Wings' to me. No questions asked!!
--That's *#*[email protected]#^@&U#**%#[email protected]!& SERVICE,man!!!

Louis Garneau makes mean-ass products,man!! His stuff is as well designed and produced,as RaceFace products are!
I got another good deal on a 'Genius' helmet. If LG continues to make cutting edge,safe helmets,then I'll never put another brand on my melon!

Giro Hammerhead; Giro E2; Louis Garneau 'Genius'

[Aug 10, 2002]
Rafael

OVERALL
Strength:

the way it fits, looks, and feels on top of my melon....

if you rub you happen to touch the visor for whatever reason, the little velcro doo-hickies don't do their job very well, I guess you can glue it if it becomes that big of a deal....

I have what I like to call a "Herman Munster" head.. It is perfectly round on the front, and then it looks like someone hit the back with a 2X4... completely flat.. like Frankenstein.. Its crazy.. I can never find a ball cap, motorcycle helmet, anything to protect this melon.. to fit right... it is either too big or too small.. kind of in between.. the Medium size makes my temples and migraine headaches come about.. the large sizes, well I hit a damn bump and can't see a thing.. terrible... well with this problem I say.. Money is no object... Could not find anything to fit right, until I found this helmet.. IT IS GOD SENT!!!! Fits perfect... I would have paid $200 for this if I had too.. the price was great, it looks great, it is the BOMB!!! I was sooo happy that the first night I had it on for 8 hours walking around the house.. My wife says I'm a dork, but I couldn't believe I found something that fit soo well.. anyways.. Go buy one if your in the market for one.. Peace RJ.

Bell and a Trek Star-Wars looking thing....

[Dec 29, 1999]
willchan

OVERALL
Strength:

light, fits well, superior ventilation, effective adjustments, and looks alright

some uneven glueing on the shell
velcro visor adjustment not as practical

great helmet at an even greater value, costs twice as less as comparable Giro, Specialized, but just as good. ventilatiion is the best part,

bell, specialized

[Aug 04, 1999]
Tim

OVERALL
Strength:

weight, ventilation, fit

glue, glue, glue

One 6-hour ride = lots of sweat = spiderlock velcros peel off from the inside of the helmet and I have little hope of ever gluing them on again. Does anyone know what glue I should use? I know that tapes don't work. Doesn't really matter how good spiderlock is if you can't use it, eh? On the bright side, the helmet is now a touch lighter. Cheers.

all

[May 03, 2001]
IAN

OVERALL
Strength:

STYLING, VENTILATION, PRICE

NONE SO FAR

I ALWAYS HAD MY EYE ON THE WINGS AND AFTER A HARD CRASH WITH A VERY UNFORGIVING PIECE OF TIMBER I REPLACED MY NOW FRACTURED BELL WITH THE WINGS. THE WINGS IS SUPERIOR IN FIT, VENTILATION AND WEIGHT, NOT TO MENTION BETTER LOOKING. SO HERE I AM THE PROUD NEW OWNER OF THIS GREAT HELMET WHEN THREE WEEKS LATER WHAM BUSTED MY PRESCIOUS WINGS. I HAVE NEVER CRASHED LIKE THIS IN FOUR YEARS AND I END UP CRACKING TWO HELMETS IN ONE MONTH. OFF I GO TO THE DEALER WITH A VERY SORE NECK, HELMET IN HAND TO SEE IF THE CRASH REPLACEMENT WARRANTY WOULD BE HONORED. I WAS TOLD THAT ALL I HAD TO DO WAS COVER THE SHIPPING COST WHICH WAS $12.00 AND I COULD BE RE-UNITED WITH MY TRUSTED BUCKET. I DID JUST THAT. THANK YOU GARNEAU LOVE YOUR PRODUCTS, LOVE YOUR SERVICE.

BELL

[Apr 25, 2001]
Ryan

OVERALL
Strength:

Tried on all top of the line Bell and Giro helmets and I was always between sizes. Could get the large to fit but felt bulky. Finally found a med. Wings that fit perfect. Also the locks on the straps maintain the adjustments you make to them.

velcro on the visor

If your head measures about 23.5 then Louis Garneau medium may be one of the few helmets that fits well. If you ride hard its nice to know that your helmet will stay on your head through the worst of crashes.

Trexel, Bell

[Mar 10, 2003]
Mark Groot
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, inexpensive, wicked looking exhaust ports on top, almost too much adjustability....

Helmet sides descend close to the ear, obstructing the path of certain eyewear frames; but, it is for safety's sake.

Even at full retail, you're getting a helmet equivalent to the pro issue stuff at a fraction of the price, and Louis Garneau helmets still look unique and stylish.

Louis Garneau Globe, Specialized Sub-6 (classic!), friend's Giro's

[Apr 17, 2001]
"Not ERIK" Estrada

OVERALL
Strength:

Canadian/European design; Fab price; Great fit (Totalamente Fabuloso!) ;It's a very safe helmet ; REPUTATION.

The visor...HMMM.Is the velcro supposed to keep the visor in place? ..Oh yeah!It is!! Plus -the adhesive for the Velcro,and the 'twistloc' Pulls up/loosens,when warm.(I'm in Texas afterall!)

"Ohhh- CANADA..."
I read about this helmet,so much! Then this dude I know,let me wear his for a day. I ended up giving my Giro to my girlfriend! This helmet was less expensive,but had more value. It was even lighter that the 'Hammerhead'. I'm getting another one! You 'canucks' make some good products!!
(Labatt BLUE!!!)
No,really. I was hoping that Louis Garneau would get into the real 'high-end' market - then 'Voila!'- here's the 'Bikini'!! I'm always going to have Louis Garneau on my Skull!!

(it's easy to correct the minor issues in the "weaknesses" column!)

Giro Hammerhead

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.