Louis Garneau Bumper PSB Helmet

[Apr 07, 1998]
Rob Bye
cross-country rider

OVERALL

Given the worlwide popularity of Louis Garneau products, I'm suprised no one has ever reviewed this product. I'll correct that oversight:I've owned a Bumper PSB helmet for over a year, now, and find it to be an excellent product. Important factors, such as fit, comfort, ventelation, and durability have all been well addressed by Louis Garneau. The Spiderlock fitting system is the equal of any similar system out there. Ventelation is so good that, on cooler days, I often have to wear a bandana under my helmet . A year of knocking about has netted few signs of wear and tear. I can't comment on its crash survivability, as I've never landed directly on my head, but the Bumper gives me enough confidence to always push hard.Only two minor peaves: first, the visor is only held on by small Velcro strips - too small! After a hard ride, or a tree branch strike, I've often had to re-adjust the visor. Secondly, while the Bumper is well styled, it's only available in muted colours. Mine is two tone grey (Blah). Come-on Louis, brighten-up, a little.Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to award this product with five chilis. A great design and a good value!

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.