Louis Garneau Bikini Helmet

With its 34 vents you get the best ventilation. The polycarbonate micro shell of this helmet is molded in small 7mm stripes curved in U shape, again offering a protection cage for your head. This cover combine with the MSB ( Monocoque Structural Base) gives the helmet a second structure which allows it to surpass the CPSC Standard like no other helmet!

[Dec 14, 2001]
Jay Farbowich

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, easy to set up and stays set up. Cool flow of air through out the helmet. Good design for the visor. I do not feel it and the sweat pads are excellent for getting rid of sweat quickly. Also the rear strap setup is comfortable and keeps the helment in the correct position without movement.

The price.

If you want a helment that will protect your head, feel so light you do not know it is there, pound a trail and it does not move on your head, have so many vents to catch air flow in all directions to keep you cool, and look a little stylish in the bargin - this is a must have. But it will cost you so of the hard earned folding green!!!

Trek helment

[Jul 29, 2002]
Chris #######

OVERALL
Strength:

light weigh good air ventalation confortable and not that $

Looks good from the side but not from the front,cheap velcro

this helmet is not bad but I would like somting moor expensive$

giro e2 lg gladiator

[Oct 04, 2004]
John A.-J.

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight
Lots of vents
Shell covers the bottom of the helmet all around
Adjustability

Retention system
Visor

Great helmet for the price. LBS gave me a good discount on this helmet.
Looks very sleek. Not the lightest helmet that Louis Garneau has (T-Bone is the lightest) but you hardly feel it on your head. Retention system that does not pinch your head and keeps the helmet in place even with the added weight of a light. The helmet looks great and has a lot is very airy because of all the vents. Easy to put a helmet mounted light on as well because of the position of the vent holes.
The outer shell covers the helmet all the way down to the bottom to protect the foam.
The retention system is infinitely adjustable. But the velcro they used to keep the headlock in place comes off. It came off the helmet and off the retention system itself.
Crazy glue and a bit of sewing kept all of this in place. The visor is very cheap as well. Again had problems with the velcro used to keep the helmet in place. The little piece in front fell off and was never found again.
Saved my head from stitches or maybe worse after I took a header on some rocks. I was able to roll it off but my helmet took the brunt of the force and I've got a couple of good sized dents on it now.
Unfortunately Louis Garneau does not make the Bikini V anymore. I'll stick with them but try the T-Bone (actually a bit cheaper and lighter)but without the visor this time.

Cheapo Louis Garneau helmet

[Apr 04, 2002]
Thomas

OVERALL
Strength:

Light and has a good fit, very well vented and have been told it looks "sharp."

I find it looks wide.... the bunt on the back makes it look areodynamic, but looks big. It's hard to get a visor on it, and the visor looks out of place.

Other people think it looks good... Maybe it does. I got it for half price, since it's a '01 model. I still think it looks wide... My Wings helmet was much better looking, more of a down hiller look. Then Bikini is more of a road helmet. As long as it protects my head, I'll be happy. I wont be sure of the ratings until I get to put my helmet to use...

Louis Garneau Wings... A nice hemet w/ visor

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.