Louis Garneau Alien Helmet

Louis Garneau Alien

[May 02, 2009]
Skulled

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit well, Spider lock system was excellent, many interchangeable pads

HOT, bulky

When it comes down to it, this helmet does it's job, keeps your noggin safe. Granted, it also keeps it hot as hell because of very little venting, but for a basic helmet it does the job.

Axiom Glide, Specialized Echelon, Mango

[Jan 31, 2002]
Connor

OVERALL
Strength:

-Comfortable for me
-Quality
-Made in Canada
-Great price for a strudy helmet

Velcrow adhesive, as it seems that this is a small issue for almost everyone.

This helmet is sharp looking, and comfortable, also good ventilation for the ol' mellon, on those hot days. Great value!

Several others

[Sep 19, 2000]
kyle

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks cool
fits well
loads o' vents
keeps your head from getting mashed
"atomic" warning on the back - "look out fools, ill nuke you!"

not enough vents at back (no huge wind tunnel effect)
my visor comes off the velcro too easy
wish it looked shinier

sweet deal for a nice mellon can. Saved my head a couple times, still feels solid. It's pretty, functional, and cheap. What more could you want?

some stupid "ice" helmet that i grew out of a few years ago.

[Feb 26, 2001]
Willis

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent design in the Spyder Lock.
Looks good on any bean! (even mine)
It's Québecois!

Poor visor attatchment. Get some Super-Glue.

Canadian made brain seive that's comfortable, stylish, protective, and affordable.

[Aug 21, 2000]
Bernard Cote

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks good
Good ventilation
Light
Cheap
Spiderlock

The visor is not well fixed on it, the velcros dont seems to stick on that curvy surface.

Louis Garneau make efficient, nice looking, and affordable helmets. Their made in Quebec, wich is good. And the guy is cool too.
You can buy a helmet from another brand for twic the price with the same features.
Thats not the only thing, I've got it for 35 canadian bucks, ~ 20$ US.

Older Louis Garneau

[Aug 14, 2000]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Spider Lock is air-tight and bombproof.
Colours are kick-ass.

Average Ventilation.

Helmet locks to your head, looks decent.
Ventilation is solid, but not amazing.
Does what a helmet should do - lets you not die.

Giro, Bell

[Jun 17, 2000]
Stephen K

OVERALL
Strength:

The Spiderlock kicks ass.
Pretty Cheap (i got it for 50 canadian).
Alot of Ventilation.

The Glue that holds on the velcro on the visor and the spiderlock. Mine came off so i hot glued it back on.

The Visor is incredibly weak. I took a small endo and the visor snapped in 3 pieces.

This is a very good helmet. I would reccomend it to anybody. The only thing i have to fret about would be the visor snapping into 3 pieces, maybe it's just me.

None really

[Mar 22, 2000]
Neuner

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks great, light, ventilation, comfort, adjustablity. The way that it "locks" onto your head.

Velcro glue. With the way the front padding is spaced, it allows a channel of sweat to run down your face from your head.

I've had peter-pan launches over the handlebars that happened to quick for my arms to react to the fall and I ended up landing on my face, side falls in which my head crashed sideways against rocks, and situations where I've hit the back of my head pretty hard. I truely believe that if I was wearing a different type of helmet, that I would've been seriously hurt in those accidents. I didn't even gain a headache from those experiences. Even though they were rough falls, the helmet is in good shape and I continue to use it. The only problem is from what I stated in the weaknesses, I've never had a helmet channel a stream of sweat from head to my face like this one has, and the velcro rips off easy. But, nothing superglue didn't take care of. Because of the level of safety this helmet has I definitely give it 5. I thank the helmet for keeping me alive so that I may crash again :)

[Nov 18, 1999]
Michel Aube

OVERALL
Strength:

Fully Adjustable, Great looks, French Canadian like I use to be.

Glue that secure the velcro inside the helmet

The helmet looks great, it's light and when I turn that Spider lock it is stuck to my head. The visor is short and also fully adjustable, something important to me since I struggle big time with the visor on my Bell. When you pull out the visor and Spider lock, the velcro sometimes comes apart, not a big deal since you won't have to adjust it often and when I press it back on it always stays in place. Five flamming piments rouges

[Nov 03, 1999]
Derek
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Great venting
Looks awesome
Fits perfect
Canadian

I dare you to find one

This helmet is awesome.
Once you try it, you'll buy it.
I give it 6 stars!

Bell

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.