iXS Sports Division Trail RS Helmet

IXS Trail RS Helmet With the quot;Trail RS quot; iXS presents a new helmet that has been developed in cooperation with freeride legend Richie Schley. Its double in-mold construction keeps your head cool with 22 vents and offers extended rear coverage. Thanks to the Ergo Fit Ultra system the quot;Trail RS quot; offers a tight fit, and the visor comes with a quickrelease mechanism so it does not break in a crash. Available in four matte colours and weighing just 320 grams, the helmet is EN1078 and CPSC certified. iXS approached me three years ago to collaborate in a helmet concept and that would be something in between a downhill helmet and a cross country helmet. A helmet that has good coverage, is light weight and still super ventilated. That's where we came up with the Trail RS. I ride up, ride down - I kind of do everything. The ultimate deal now days is to have one set up and that would be an all-mountain or enduro set up. Protection is breathable and light weight and you can pe

[May 04, 2016]
Travis Bickle

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks cool and is cool with all those vents. It does what a helmet should, and the retention works well. The green matched the decals on my bike, I'm reaching here.

Maybe it's just me but this helmet sits very low over my eyes which can restrict my vision on the really steep bits. Only comes in 2 sizes which isn't enough.

I liked this helmet a lot initially but it just sits too low in the front for me.

Giro Zen and Montaro, Catlike Leaf.

[Sep 11, 2015]
TS29er

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit, Looks

Tried the other "fuller-coverage" all-mtn-trail helmets and this by far fit the best and the electric blue looked great - at first it seemed to ride a little low in front, and the adjustment wheel seemed to push in on the base of my neck, but then I noticed there was an additional adjustment (plastic retention system has two or three settings where it snaps into the back/top of the helmet) - That took care of the minor issues and made what was good, now great.

[Dec 10, 2014]
Ken

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, comfortable, good ventilation.

not crash worthy. no replacement pading

I liked the thing until I crashed it. Just a normal out the front in soft dirt, the visor dug in and the helmet rolled around into my nose. The back adjuster broke and the helmet hit my nose breaking it. Maybe I should have had the S-M instead of the L-XL. I also tried to contact the maker before the crash to get new padding (i was willing to pay), but no reply. My buddy has a bell super, called to buy padding and they gave him some free!

[Jun 06, 2014]
SylentK

OVERALL
Strength:

stays in place, cool, comfy, forehead pad help keep sweat out of eyes

limited visor adjustability

After looking at all the "enduro" helmets out there (Bell, Troy Lee, Giro, POC) what sold me on this lid was the continuous and somewhat thicker front forehead pad. I wanted something to catch all my sweat, not channel it into my eyes. Air circulation is good and is a cool running helmet. Fit is good. You can easily cinch down the headband via the round adjuster. Overall very nice helmet.

Giro, Bell

[Apr 30, 2014]
Cesar

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, ventilated, beautiful, slim form

If you have a "rounder" head, ypu might end up looking somewhere else.

This helmet comes only in two shell sizes, S-M (54-58cms) and L/XL (58-63cms). I normally use M, so I went for the S/M first, but it have me headaches from pressure points on the sides of my forefront. So I sold it, got a L/M = the pressure point is solved, but it was huge! So ended up saling it. Perhaps IXS should have gone with a more traditional 3 shell sizing, instead of just 2.

Other than that.... awesome helmet.

Limar X-MTB, TLD A1, POC Trabec, Specialized Vice, Giro XAR,

[Jan 29, 2014]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Great fit for my oval head. Very light, good quality, great ventilation.

Great fit for my oval head. Very light, good quality, great ventilation.
Hard to beat for $119

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.