Giro Indicator Helmet

The Giro Indicator's confident style and superior ventilation are coupled with a modern design that complements every type of rider. As a result, the Indicator helmet is the perfect choice for riding downtown, up a technical climb, and everything in between. The helmet is built using Giro's in-mold construction, which fuses the helmet's outershell with the impact-absorbing EPS liner. Not only does this reinforce both layers, but the "exoskeleton" also allows Giro to engineer helmets that are lighter, more durable, and better ventilated. The helmet also includes 20 built-in vents, which thrust cool, fresh air over and around the rider's head while forcing heat and stale air out. And riders will love the helmet's snap-fit visor, which shields your eyes on bright, sunny days. The Indicator bike helmet is carefully sculpted and size-specific, with an easy-to-adjust Acu Dial fit system. The helmet--which adjusts between 21.25 and 24 inches--weighs only 0.62 pounds and complies with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission's safety standards for bicycle helmets.

[Jun 03, 2012]
Justin

OVERALL
Strength:

Has protected my head in a couple of light hits, has a visor to shade your face. Lightweight and easy to adjust. Affordable.

Looks dorky (like all helmets :)

Overall a good buy for the money - does what it is supposed to. I would buy it again.

[Feb 20, 2012]
Alex

OVERALL
Strength:

It is a really light helmet, really compact, with a gret ventilation. It´s a great helmet when you are getting involved in the bike enviroment, you will feel you are wearing a pro helmet. For its price it worth it.

None but colors are not really cool. they are acceptable.

This helmet should be more expensive for it´s performance
If you are just getting in this bicycle enviroment you should try this helmet.

[Aug 29, 2011]
SgtBaxter

OVERALL
Strength:

Extremely light, vents provide excellent cooling.

Cheap stick in padding, visor not really removable.

Fortunately I've not had to experience this helmet's ability to protect my head but it seems a very well made helmet. The cooling vents do a really good job of venting air over your head and keeping you cool at speed. Helmet looks nice too, and is very comfortable.

About the only complaints I have are the cheap extra stick in pads seem like they would come off, though mine haven't so far. Also, removing the visor leaves holes in the helmet, rather cheap in that aspect.

[Jan 02, 2011]
BlueWheels

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, Flexible Sizing, Quality of Protection

I bought a Giro Indicator because I wanted a cheap helmet for Mountain Biking and it was the most comfortable helmet around for less than $100. About 3 months ago, I had a serious wreck that included my head meeting a curb when I was moving pretty fast. The helmet split open, but I didn't even get a concussion from the impact. Having learned the value of a good helmet, I went out to get a replacement and couldn't find another helmet that I preferred to the Indicator, so I picked up another one and that's what I'm wearing now.

Various Others

[Nov 11, 2010]
tim verner

OVERALL
Strength:

Saved my life.Need i say more!

Nasty crash on the Thunder rock express.No broken bones,just some brusies and cuts.

[Sep 04, 2010]
sambob

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap, looks good for it's price, light

For the price it's hard to beat this helmet, I've had it for a few years now, decided to push myself harder this season and this helmet has performed as expected. Time to replace it tho after a nasty down hill tumble took a toll on the helmet and my shoulder, helmet looks better than my shoulder but after a nasty impact it should be replaced.

I recommend this to anyone on a budget looking for a great helmet.

[Aug 21, 2010]
Tuscan

OVERALL
Strength:

Its Comfortable, fits good.

Straps around the ear twist, minor thing

Its a good helmet for what it is and price! Well worth it

Always used Giro Helmets

[Dec 24, 2009]
Zachariah

OVERALL
Strength:

-Hardshell in-mold construction
-Large vents
-AccuDial strap adjustment for instant, snug fit
-Removable visor
-Looks like it should be $100...but MSRP is less than $50
-Cool variety of colors

-Straps below ears twist, instead of flush against face

Giro helmets saved my life TWICE. They do the job, when absolutely needed, without fail. Wear your helmet each time you throw a leg over that bike...people have DIED crashing less than 5mph without a helmet!

The Giro Indicator looks and feels cool, secure and is only 270 grams. Its so light you will not notice it on your head while riding. Don't waste your money on a cheap imitation with a shell as hard as a soda bottle...your head is worth more that that!

A perfect helmet for XC, All-Mountain and trail riding. I have seen these on closeout as low as $24.99...GET ONE!!!

Nothing but GIRO:
-Pneumo
-Atmos
-Ionos

[Dec 18, 2009]
illwill88
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid helmet, good protection

can hurt your head, pads rip easily, sits on your head high... might be just me but when i look in the mirror it looks goofy on my head.

Good for weekenders. i am about to upgrade to full face because i do too crazy of stuff to only be wearing it. good value though.

[Oct 14, 2008]
boscoboy

OVERALL
Strength:

It's a helment - goes on your head - adjustable

Wont keep your head as cool as a $200 helmet

Great value for weekend warriors - Liked it so much i got a 2nd one for my son.

Specialized

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.