Fox Head Flux Helmet

Best Price At
Available At
Available At

If the Fox Racing Flux Helmet was alive, you'd want to keep your hands away from its mouth. The Flux is an aggressive little bastard. It provides plenty of coverage and plenty of ventilation to keep your dome safe and comfortable as you attack the hairiest singletrack.Deep rear profile for added protection20 ventilation ports for tons of airflowRemovable visor so you can have it your wayDetox ratchet retention system for snug, secure fit

[Dec 26, 2016]
BENNY GO GO

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks cool.

STRAP SYSTEM

I just got it for Christmas from my son. So I haven't ridden with it yet. Took over an hour to adjust the straps, still don't like them. The hard plastic adjusters on the side dig in everywhere I put them, the chin snap placement will be an ongoing battle I'm sure. I'm pretty sure I will replace it with the one from my old helmet which has about 30,000 kms on it and never been tweeked. None the less, my son thinks it's cool, so I will ride extra recklessly until I crash, bash my head and get a new helmet. Next year I want fluffy slippers for Christmas.

[Aug 01, 2015]
Mike Nagle

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit, coverage, price.

"Crest" on top (that is easily removed, BTW); visor comes loose too easily.

When my Giro Xen had to be replaced, I shopped around, and this helmet fit me the best of all. It really snugs on nicely, and covers the forehead and back of head well. And the price...$50 less than the Xen it replaced, and I like it better, if it is a few grams heavier. The "crest" on top is silly-looking to me, but is easy to remove. The visor comes loose on one end too easily, but hasn't come loose riding. All in all, I'm very happy with this helmet.

Giro Xen

[May 23, 2015]
Mark

OVERALL
Strength:

Brilliant helmet, not as heavy as some day, fab ventilation

None as yet

Just recieved my Fox Flux today and have been on the trails all day today wearing inc with a 12 mile road there and back, so completed 28 miles In very hot 20 dg full sun, helmet is brilliant, ordered a s/m in Matt black, brilliant cooling all day inc the rd cycle, strap position I found easy to set, visor was very good and useful , nice to have the rear head protection too. Extra pad set very handy, no complaint at all about the helmet, very happy I ordered it and for me a very comfy helmet Well worth the £69 I paid and I have to disagree with the idea that this is a heavy helmet, if I'm that worried about the 300g I could loose the 100g in body weight.

[Jun 09, 2014]
beerhunter

OVERALL
Strength:

Protection, fit, venting.

None significant

After a big hit 5 years ago I moved from an XC/ road helmet to the flux. In all that time I only hit my head once, and not too hard.

That was until yesterday, when this lid saved me from a head injury. I simultaneously hit my head and shoulder on bare rock very very hard. I broke my collarbone and dislocated my shoulder, but did not hurt my head. Im off to the orthopaedic surgeon (again) but I don't need to see a head trauma specialist, or a brain surgeon...

The flux fits my head well, and given its size and coverage it is not too hot. The lid is not light like an xc lid, but the tradeoff is well worth it.

[Mar 31, 2014]
centralcoastkid

OVERALL
Strength:

2014 helmet review ! its a great looking helmet great air flow

like all the other reviews the fit is just off, the size chart is off as well , the retention system is lame. now having bashed the fox flux there is a semi quick fix on the fit get the pad upgrade set, its thicker and will make it fit better also re-locate the straps system to exit thru the the back of the retention band were it is supposed to go and you will have improved your view on this helmet .

Im still on the fence on this helmet it looks cool but kinda pissed on the money I had to pay and then fix to get what should have come out of the box . but in the end when riding with it all that goes to the back of your mind and is forgotten ............................until you get home and take it off

[Jan 09, 2014]
Guillermo

OVERALL
Strength:

Good looks. Many positive reviews on multiple sites

Poor fit.

I don't understand what makes this helmet so popular aside from the fact that it is a Fox product and it looks good for an mtb helmet. Bottom line is that a helmet has to fit so well that you forget that you are wearing it. The last thing you need is a poorly fitting helmet on your head as you are riding. This is where this helmet comes up short. The adjustability is limited especially when it comes to the The Fox Detox™ retention system. This retention system only adjusts on the back half of the helmet, it does not adjust at the front half. This leads to a helmet that cannot fit on my head well enough to keep it from moving around in all directions; not what I need to deal with when I will be descending or going through a rock garden. The only way I could get it to stay put was to tighten the straps so snug that it was choking my chin / neck. This is not the way to make a helmet fit properly.
I currently wear a UVEX mtb helmet and a UVEX helmet has an adjustment dial that completely tightens or loosens all the way around the head. Therefore there is no need to tighten the straps so tight that they choke around the neck or under the chin. My UVEX helmet makes for a great fitting helmet and plan on returning this Fox helmet for a new UVEX.

[Nov 30, 2013]
JF_

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light weight and has plenty of ventalation.

none!

Ridding in the Nevada desert heat you want a cool and comfortable helmet, the flux gives you all that and more. Has plenty of vents to keep you cool, very comfortable to wear, light weight, and at a great price you just can't beat it!

Bell Helmet

[Nov 14, 2013]
SnakeHandling SingleSpeeder

OVERALL
Strength:

Fox brand
Ventilation
Looks great
High quality

None yet

I got this for the ventilation. It works great but an be a downside for winter riding.
On a side note the design works well with light mounting.

[Aug 10, 2013]
Jayem

OVERALL
Strength:

Fits. Ventilation good.

Sweat-dam randomly lets everything go at once.

I want to like this helmet, but the sweat-dam/forehead padding is terrible. Your sweat will rush down at some random time when you are working hard, getting all over your sunglasses/glasses. If they could fix this it would be a good helmet and this isn't really excusable in 2013. They've been doing it for too long.

[Jul 29, 2013]
Still Kickin

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit, protection, ventilation.

Just got my Flux and made the first ride with it in 95 degree summer heat with very high humidity. Consider this a first impressions type review. The helmet is heavier than others I have used, but that's because it is substantially more helmet than most other so-called MTB helmets. It not only covers more of the back of the head, but it covers the temple area better and sinks down low over the forehead to offer more protection there too. The way this lid fits on my head reminds me of a football helmet somewhat in that after you push it down over your head it fits nice and snug and doesn't move. The helmet shell is also thicker than my old Uvex helmet. After a while it seems like I got accustomed to the heavier weight helmet on my head, and the ventilation seemed to be just fine even in the extreme heat I ride in. I got it in the white with the black on the front that fades to white and it really looks sharp even on my goofy head. I can see where the only possible weakness would be the way the visor is attached but I think I can deal with that. My wife says if I get hurt I still have to have a functioning brain so I can work and earn a living, so I decided to upgrade helmets. Bottom line, if you hurt your head with this helmet on I hate to see what the rest of your body looks like.

Uvex, Giro, Bell

• Available At
$99.95
$99.95

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.