Sette Signature 3/4 Finger Gloves

Synthetic leather palm, Neoprene wrist cuff, 3/4 fingers keep you cool.

[Oct 07, 2008]
Qatarbhoy

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, look good, decent protection and padding.

Breathability - get sweaty and stay damp as the back isn't mesh.

Durability - thin synthetic leather palm wears rapidly at base of thumb and then tears easily, especially when sweaty.

Great price among generally overpriced competition, but the value is undermined by lack of durability. The previous reviewer's experience matches my own. The gloves look and feel good while they are in one piece, but if you ride long and hard the gloves will soon wear out. Mine lasted a year but I was using several other pairs of gloves as well so basically i got about a season of riding out of them, while gloves which were only slightly more expensive (eg the Adistars) will last me much longer.

If you want disposable gloves at a throwaway price, these are fine. If you want something that'll last a while and still feel and look good, look elsewhere.

Adidas Adistar, Nike, Trek, Specialized BG Sport

[Aug 02, 2008]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive, breathable, decent grip and comfort

Durability

The gloves are okay comfortwise but after less than a year begin to tear at the base of the outer palm. First one glove disintegrated, but I continued using them, and a couple weeks later the other glove started ripping. Would not recommend unless you plan to wear these gloves only occasionally for light riding, in which case the savings might actually be worth it. If you plan on using these on a consistent basis (especially on trails) you're better off spending a few more bucks.

[Jul 22, 2008]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, breathable, decent pads and grip

Durability

I used the gloves for less than two weeks and they're already beginning to disintegrate! I'm by no means a competitive rider--I'm pretty new and the majority of my rides are casual. The gloves did not undergo any undue abuse or anything of the sort and one of them already has a hole in the palm! The adage "You get what you pay for" is coming to mind--I know there are some excellent bang-for-the-buck products out there, this just isn't one of them. It really is disappointing because they are actually pretty comfortable and grip well, but the ridiculously poor build quality and durability prevents me from recommending them to anyone.

[Jun 25, 2007]
Ryan

OVERALL
Strength:

Price is definitely the best thing about these gloves. I bought my brother his first pair of gloves for $20+ at a local bike shop, and then ordered these online for me to go along with my REKEN hardtail. I have no complaints what-so-ever. They are great gloves, very breathable, and I will buy them again.

None so far. Some people don't like the full thumb...but after having these, I can see why they made it that way.

If you need a set of gloves, and you're not a "glamor biker" needing $70 gloves to feel good about yourself, then get a set of these. You won't regret it!

Bell, Cannondale

[Apr 23, 2006]
Chris McFate

OVERALL
Strength:

Look great, feel great, durable

Tight fit on the thumb, as in thumb feels longer than the glove allows so it feels like threads may burst any time

I love these gloves. They look cool, feel great and seem very durable. My only complaint is that my thumbs are really trying to push out of the gloves, but that may be my own fault as I may have ordered a size too small. Otherwise there's nothing to complain about and they're great gloves, especially for the money. When it comes to quality products and prices, Price Point's Sette brand can't be beat.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.