Pearl Izumi Gel-Vent Pro Full Finger Gloves

Best Price At

• Direct Vent construction for superior ventilation
  • Shock Absorbing 3D gel inserts & vented palm
  • Airprene back overlay for added protection
  • Soft microfleece thumb wiping surface
  • Slip-on design with quick-pull wrist tab

[Dec 04, 2010]
Michaelk

OVERALL
Strength:

Gel palm. Vented. Good fit.

I bought these gloves to use all year round. In Vancouver in the winter it dips below zero a few times but otherwise you can ride all year but you need to put on some layers for the cold days. This glove lets the top of your hand breath but still provides protection for the rest of your hand so your hands stay warm but not hot on cold days. There is a layer of gel on the palms. I washed these gloves in the machine a few times with no problems. I would buy again. The gloves also stop well before your wrist so they don't impede your movement. I use these in the city they don't look durable enough for anything off road.

[Oct 04, 2009]
sierrasta

OVERALL
Strength:

Padding is excellent, in the right places and look good. Fit works.

A real shame with these is that the material is just not durable. They disintegrate without falling on them and the gel inserts (on the palm) fall out after some use. I know, I have had two sets of these - I stuck with them because because of the comfort/fit/padding.

It is a real shame. But for the poor ability to endure wear and tear, these are awesome gloves. They need to sort out the durability issue, which is pretty piss poor. And I am being pragmatic - mountain bike gloves do get abuse and can't last that long, but these are way too expensive at £30 to merit failure after not too many rides...they loose chillies because of this

Various, Dakine, AlpineStars, 661, Specialized

[Aug 04, 2008]
erans

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, ventilated, does not move, survived a few falls

Not a lot of protection at the back of your hand

Nice pair, most of my rides in the summer are at the 80s and 90s, and these are great for such rides.
Not sure why others are reporting that it moves - I'm using a Large and it never moves, it is a little pain to put them on and off tought.
Not falling apart after a year, with an average of a couple of rides per week - 2/3 of the rides are XC, 1/3 AM.
Just ordered another pair as these seems hard to find.

[Jun 25, 2008]
kiwijames

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit and feel great, very comfortable. Breath well and have great padding. Keeps cool when you need to, provides some warmth when there's a chill.

Pull on only with no typical Velcro wrist closure.
Mesh that holds the Gel Grids wears out very quick. No protection for the top of your hands.

I bought these because it was due to snow at last year's Xterra NV amd I wasn't going to race w/o some sort of protection from 3 inches of snow come morning. They worked fine to keep the chill at bay until the sun and warmer temps arrived. Since then I've used them every other day on both my Road and MTB as they are seriously comfortable. BUT, they wore out at the mesh holding the Gel Grids at the heel of both hands/gloves...Admittedly I had had a few serious spills that contributed to the early demise and rode them until one of my riding partners just tossed them in the trash at a trail head while we were drinking beers. They were toasted, with the gel barely intact.
I'd get them again if I could find them. For XC/Am riding there's better gloves with protection for the top of your hands too.

Assos, other Pearls, Fox, Dakine.

[Jun 24, 2008]
turtleman

OVERALL
Strength:

light, comfortable and looks good

It moves!

For me this glove was unusable to begine with. It works fine when you are riding on cross coutry trail, but when you start going down rock gardens, it rotates! Without usual wrist strap to keep the glove in place, the glove moves under your palm, and it gets really hairy when you are in most hairy situation. I don't think I got too big of size, as there is no way I could fit into the size smaller than on I have. Big mistake to buy this glove, hope Jensen takes it back even though it has been used. Very disppointed in Pearl Izumi for such a poor design. Do not buy this glove.

[Jun 09, 2007]
Scott Radek

OVERALL
Strength:

fit

wore out very quickly

With maybe 4 months of use and that is pushing it. 4 fingers are blown through and the area between the thumb and middle finger is about to blow through on both hands. These were comfortable but did not hold up.

[Jun 08, 2007]
Kris

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable

Material between thumb & index finger on RH glove wearing thru

I purchased these gloves last summer. Since I live in Canada, the gloves weren't worn for 4 months. I'd pass as a glove should last at least a year w/o wearing out. My previous Gel Lites had 1 of the palm pads come off.

Specialized

[Apr 22, 2007]
Fred Damavandi

OVERALL
Strength:

Breathes Well, Durable, easy slip on design.

Cost

These gloves are badd a--!! They have taken a beating and keep coming back for more. The guy at the store asked me if I wanted "the ferrari" of gloves when I was looking to buy some. I tried them on and fell in love. I recently took a really bad fall and used my hands to break the fall. I had cuts all across my arms and shoulders. The cuts stopped right up to where my gloves were. They were intact! One of the other great features of the glove is that it breathes exceptionally well. After every ride everything I am wearing is soaking except my gloves. SPEND THE EXTRA $20 BUCKS TO UPGRADE TO THESE, YOU WON'T BE SORRY!

[May 31, 2007]
Brian

OVERALL
Strength:

Look cool

Padding in wrong places, padding is too thick, material for glove is thin and weak. Expensive.

The plams ripped out between the gel inserts after only a couple months of regular mountain biking. Very disapointing. The gel inserts don't really seem to do anything. The plastic mesh for the gel inserts is slippery, so you have to grip harder. Bottom line, these are probably the worst MTB gloves I've ever used. Maybe they would be ok for the road- the gel inserts might be good when in the drops, I haven't tried that yet.

lots. Some specialized golves I had back in 2000 were the best I've used so far.

[Oct 22, 2007]
Ben

OVERALL
Strength:

They look good and have sensible mesh protection. They are also very comfortable and lightweight.

Like others reviewing have said, they fall apart pretty easily and are not the cheapest.

Unfortunately, a big thumbs down. I have owned several pairs of these gloves as I really appreciated the lightweight mesh protectivity. I lost one pair which I had sewn up (holes developed between index finger and thumb). The palms of the other pair are like a balding head. Sparse in the way of fibre. More hole than glove. They need to sort this out, by changing the palm material and / or putting serious re-inforcement in. Ok if you want to spend your time staring at them, but not great for the slightest bail out.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.