Pearl Izumi Cyclone Gloves

Pearl Izumi Cyclone Gel Cycling Glove uses the 1:1 Gel padding. Glove has a Gauntlet to keep the wrists warm. A synthetic Leather palm is soft and durable for an exceptional grip and comfort. Hook and Loop closure for a snug wathertight fit. The additi

[Oct 04, 2012]
LuckyCharm4x4

OVERALL
Strength:

+ Fit
+ Warm - BUT only after 15 minutes of riding
+ Grip on first 2 fingers.
+ Nice Materials

- Cost
- Cold at start of ride
- Awkward padding - Feels weird on my grips for a bit.
- Not Waterproof

I got my gloves new on eBay for ~$30. I was planning on using them for cold fall days/mild winter: 30-45* days.

The gloves start out by inflicting frostbite on my fingertips then they warm up so much that they are almost unbearable. Not quite those extremes, but seriously I even tried wearing the gloves in the car on the way to the trail in winter and they still started the ride cold, only to warm up ~15 minutes into the ride and then I had to re thaw my hands.

The gloves are nice, but they certainly aren't worth the $45 MSRP. I am glad that I got a good deal on them but I am unsure if I would buy them again. I think that I'd be better off with moose-mitts and just using these gloves on cool fall days.

[May 17, 2012]
rob1208lv

OVERALL
Strength:

light weight fits great

cost to much for a glove, tears easy

I like the fit of these gloves feels as if i don't really have gloves on, But once crash and they were shredded..

[May 09, 2012]
Volsung

OVERALL
Strength:

lots of padding, long enough thumbs for me, good snot wiping surface

awful for road bikes

I love how these gloves feel at the fingertips. I have really long thumbs and they fit just fine. They're not waterproof int he slightest, but they slow down the wind a lot. I'm Minnesotan and of hearty Northern blood so I can ride in the winter to about 30 degrees with just these gloves. I don't wear full fingered gloves above 50.

I've read a lot of bad reviews of these gloves but don't get it. They've held up for 2 years and wash well. My only complaint is riding on the hoods on a road bike the bar goes in between the two palm pads and right on your nerves causing numbness. Haven't had this issue on my mountain bike or riding in the drops.

PI has apparently updated these gloves since my purchase in 2010 with waterproofing/windproofing improvements. I will purchase the updated version.

[Dec 15, 2009]
Tweezak

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice fit. Lots o' padding.

Not warm. Not water resistant. Not armored. What are they good for?

I bought these thinking they would be a good intermediate cool weather commuting glove. Something for warmer conditions than my Novara Cold Front gloves but a little too cold for my fingerless gloves.

These don't seem to fit any niche. They don't really do anything well. Too warm for warm weather riding, not warm enough for around 40deg...not water repellant. I guess they would keep your hands from getting sunburned. They're going back to REI.

[Dec 06, 2007]
NATE

OVERALL
Strength:

Reflective, Wind Protection, Grippy Finger tips(pointer and middle).

Poor placement of padding on palm, wrist fits too bulky even with velco strap in use, as the sizes increase the fingers do not get bigger in diameter the length is all that increases it seems (a slightly looser fit would = better blood circulation = more warmth.

I was expecting a slightly warmer glove, something that could take me down to around 30ºF so I am slightly dissapointed however the snugger fit offsets the gloves inability to accomodate my temperature demands that would only be possible by looser fitting gloves....can't have it all I guess. Overall a good glove, however best if used in temps 35ºF and above. I used the glove today in temps 24ºF -- 27ºF and found my fingertips were really cold at first but once my blood starting flowing about 15 mins into the ride they starting feeling better.