Louis Garneau Ergo Air Gloves

These gloves inner ventilation system allows for moisture diffusion and heat reduction to prevent fatigue and numbness of the ulnar median nerve.

[May 31, 2010]
jrentie

OVERALL
Strength:

The padding on the palms and breath-ability as mentioned in other reviews was well thought of. They're a comfortable fit and keep you from losing the skin on your palms.

For some reason fingerless gloves always seem to have a weak hem in them. but weak stitching between the fingers is unacceptable. the fraying began at the hem around the "cut-off" section, but when I noticed the seam coming loose between the fingers and around the sides of the palm I lost confidence in these gloves. the stitching isn't worth the money to me. The padding along the "fatty parts" of fingers are really beginning to wear out also so if I were to give it anymore time I'm sure they wouldn't have lasted much longer than the threads giving out.

Spend the extra $20 on a better pair of gloves and save the time looking for a new pair to replace these. If I could go back obviously I would purchase the pair of Fox gloves I talked myself out of in the first place. I recently got back into biking again and started slow but still hit it hard and these gloves didn't hold up. So with my plans of downhilling and park free riding these gloves wouldn't stand a chance. Notice I've only had these gloves less than a month. In reality I've seriously had these gloves one week! I haven't been as extreme as I would love to be so these gloves really haven't been abused at all. These really shouldn't be any more than $10.

In no way do I hold his review against Outdoor Inc. in Memphis, TN!! Great store! Keep on Keepin' on! I'll be back next time I'm in town.

[May 17, 2008]
mike

OVERALL
Strength:

The webbing is quite good. It breathes well and the gel/foam provides decent support.

The manufacturing quality of these gloves are horrid! In the first week of owning these gloves the outermost seam split. I returned these gloves to a local store who let me swap them out for another pair. Within the first two weeks the foam is already coming away from the glove. While i fully understand others' attempts at repairing the gloves, I wonder whether its even worth it.

get anything else. seriously.

[Jun 10, 2007]
mark

OVERALL
Strength:

work as well as advertised for a long time

I got these back in 04 ad they have held up well and have performed as advertised the entire time but its time to retire them as they have developed a hole i the palm from wear. Im going with the Carbon ones as they are supposed to not need to be washed as often to remove the smell of fun.
that would be my only gripe but Ive never had a pair of gloves wear this long so they might all do it. after 2 years they got to where I had to wash them after every ride because the FUNK would return if I didnt.
they kept my hands cool, and comfy, provided enough padding to lower the scree bumps to keep my hands from getting as fatigued on long rides yet didnt feel too thick.
I think those who reviewed them below and gave them a bad rating must have been rating other models like the rex or aother lower quality LG glove because these are well made and provided enough grip without being too grippy and I sweat A LOT, even in winter.
if your not someone who is an extreme crasher give these a shot. for those who are constantly tearing up their gloves skip these as they are a bit pricey for just a couple of rides before tearing them up.
Id give them a value of more than 5 but that was the highest and though Im an aggressive rider I usually land on my side and roll in crashes so they have lasted well

tons of others that didnt hold up long at all

[Feb 20, 2008]
cp

OVERALL
Strength:

fit, comfort, foam rather than gel pad on palm, stretches and breaths like no other

na

amazing gloves, manufacturer recommended med. size on the stingrays were tight around the fingers, the specialized too loose. if you have the same experience--these stretch to fit, light-weight, the foam used in this model simply absorbs and cushions better than gel. my experience-2 years and two wrecks and not a loose stitch on 'em. I wish they still made them. they do! they're called the Air Stream now ('07) = try

spelcialized enduro, Schwinn Stingray glove

[Oct 15, 2006]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

The nylon webbing that makes up the palms works great,beats the fake suede that turns to sloppy goo when wet. I like how they gel padded the inner thumb as well.
They also seem to be well made.

Could beef up the gel across the palm.
I found them to be a little pricey.

I felt that these gloves are well made and performed well. I was suprised to see the other negative reviews on this site as I've had gloves far worse than these. Sounds like the other riders had problems with fitting. Simply put if they don't fit don't buy them!

Pearl Izumis (garbage!), Specialized

[Nov 28, 2002]
Jeff

OVERALL
Strength:

Air Flow, Gel palm

Just about everything. After 1 hour of riding, I had to purchase a sewing kit and sew the inner fingers back together(Thank God for Home economics!). The mesh around the gel palm wore out and is ripping after one month of riding. The Velcro strap on one glove ripped off with the velcro, now I have to sew that back together to keep the glove on my wrist.

THESE GLOVES SUCK!! I would be better off cutting fingers out of cotton gloves.

Saranac weight lifting gloves (lasted 10 years)

[Aug 28, 2004]
todd

OVERALL
Strength:

absolutely none

everything from stitching that falls apart that i now have to sew myself to the lack of ergonomics. whoever designed this glove should find a new career. i'm guessing it's someone who doesn't ride.

would recommend riding without gloves before you waste your hard earned money on these!

fox, pearl izumi

[Jun 15, 2002]
bill meadows

OVERALL
Strength:

a good idea......does that count?????

the webbing in the palm.

the idea behind these gloves is awesome! air will pass through the webbing thats all over the glove! in real life however, as soon as you start sweating yer hand starts sliding all over the place due to the polyester/nylon make up of said webbing! this results in blisters and an unsure grip. didnt even make it through an hour of riding before i took them off. i think these things would rock if they just put something in the palm to keep you from sliding around. if you ride and sweat(like we all do!) avoid these like the plague.

PI pittards and gels, axo

[Mar 16, 2008]
Dave

OVERALL
Strength:

Well ventillated

None for me. Notice the negative reviews are all old. padding is limited (goes with well ventillated)

This review is for gloves from 3 years ago as well as the current version. It's hot here in the summer and my hands sweat. Gloves get heavy on long rides. Not these.

Lots and lots

[Aug 07, 2004]
Alex

OVERALL
Strength:

Cool blue color...thats about it.

Padding in all the wrong places. Makes my fingers go numb after about five miles. Medium size is too small for even my smallish medium hands. Medium should be small.

The bottom line is: in all the years of riding (30+ including racing, touring and trailriding) I have never had such a bad pair of gloves. I have never ever written a negative product review, but this one inspires!
For the last three 15 mile rides (and these gloves are broken in!) Both my thumb and forefingers have gone completely numb. I know its the gloves. I put on my el cheapo pearlizumi's and I'm fine.
The padding is firm and it rides at the base of your hand in a ridge where most of the pressure is. This must be pinching a nerve or something. Horrible design (Pat. Pending.) which should be praised for its un-ergonomicness. "Ergo Air " was what led me to purchase (plus the cool blue color.) No additional airflow is noted at all. Also, my "Medium" pair is much closer to a small (my hands usually float in other mfg.'s Mediums. To sum it up: this is the first and last piece of Louis Garnot Krap I will ever buy. THEY SUCK!!! 0 Chlies if it were there.

Pearlizumi, AXO, yadayada blah blah blah

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.