Fox Head Unabomber Gloves

Take the Fox Racing Men's Unabomber Glove out for high-speed spin through the woods. Knuckle padding and a tough suede palm keeps your paws protected if you whack your hand on a tree at Mach-loony. Silicone detailing on the inside of the fingers helps you grip your shifters, and a suede-covered thumb helps this high-wear area last through seasons of abuse. Low-and-behold, Fox even gave the Unabomber a water-repellent Ionmask treatment so you can spill water and other delicious beverages without soaking your hands.

[Feb 04, 2018]
centralcalcoast

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable

Was happy till last night on a night ride took a spill nothing major but my right glove ripped at the knuckle padding. Then hit a branch on my left hand , that just shredded the knuckle padding .again not a major impact but the gloves were trashed seems like they should have held up better than that , my rangers have had bigger hits and they are fine......whats up fox ?

Price Paid:
39.00
Purchased:
New
[Feb 04, 2018]
centralcalcoast

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable

Price Paid:
39.00
Purchased:
New
[Nov 14, 2013]
SnakeHandling SingleSpeeder
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Fox brand
Good quality
Ventilation

None yet

I got my gloves on clearance at bike wagon. They were cheap. I have ridden in the hundreds of times, wrecked out and had no issues with wear or tear. The plan is a little discolored from moisture but they look almost new still. They are a little to ventilated for winter riding, but better than nothing in the cold.

[Mar 20, 2013]
dez

OVERALL
Strength:

Cumfy good fit simple

FOX lift your game !
How can a company that makes such good hardware put their name on such a poorly constructed product.
I should of gone by my gut feeling after the last pair of gloves that failed made by FOX.
These gloves lasted six rides !, no crashes no digging soft thick grips on my bars , the poor design of hard rubber stitched to faux leather on the palm is always going to be a weak point. WHY cant your designers get it right , a pair of $10 gardening gloves are designed better with a one piece leather palm. These were very expensive gloves.
Why do these designers try to obtain look over function get your act together lads , stop trying to re invent the wheel and
JUST GIVE US SOME GLOVES THAT DONT FALL TO PIECES.
I will never buy your shoddy products again and will encourage everyone I see on a mountain bike to avoid them
now Im off to the hardware store to buy some ten dollar gardening gloves.

DO NOT BUT FOX GLOVES

[Oct 23, 2012]
robbie the dog

OVERALL
Strength:

knuckle padding is nice, esp on pinkies.

design flaw on palm. expensive.

NIce gloves, but the palms wear out. Attaching thin glove leather to a hard plastic right where the hand rests on the bars is a bad idea. The leather stretches and tears at the the stitching after about a year of use. I like the idea of protecting the heel of my hand with a tougher material, but this didn't work. I'd hope that gloves would last more than a season of moderate riding.

[Aug 26, 2012]
kwoodward
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Design, quality, comfort, usability

Expensive, offensive product name

I bought these primarily as winter gloves but also to provide more protection than my Dirtpaws on some of my more sketchy downhill rides, but like them so much I'm wearing them more and more. Bottom line is these are the best gloves I have ever worn. I see where some reviewers have experienced quality issues but I have not and wonder if there might have been a design flaw in earlier models since most of those poor reviews are from 2009-2010. The current price is on the high end of MTB gloves, but if you shop around and wait until a special can find them for 20 percent off. If you typically wear more minimal or gloves in the $20-$25 range and wonder what the difference is between them and more expensive models like these you will notice the difference the first time you put them on, believe me. I usually wear size XL gloves and exchanged the first pair for XXL which fit me perfect. The biggest problem I have with these gloves is the offensive name given this model which some marketing "genius" at Fox probably thought was edgy but in reality represents a mass murderer responsible for the death and injury of many innocent people.

Fox Dirtpaw, Specialized

[Oct 26, 2011]
kootenaybob

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks good

Poor material

Gloves were great out of the box. Comfortable looked great and protected my hands. After the second wash in cold water and hang dry the fingers plastic guards became disfigured and stiff so badly that they became very uncomfortable. Also noticed the palm stitching started to separate.

Specialized

[Jun 23, 2011]
ehigh

OVERALL
Strength:

I'll start by saying that I have the 2011 Unabomber gloves. They look different and have different materials in them and are apparently stronger than the pair shown.
Continuing:
These gloves are great!
I do a lot of all mountain and light freeride.
I have eaten it numerous times since I purchased these. In all the falls that I have taken, there is only one small crack in the plastic material on the palm of the glove. They have taken a lot of beatings that have left my hands in great shape!
These can breathe too!

There was one ride out of the many that I have gone on where a bit of the material was rubbing on my hand funny which resulted in a tiny blister. I am not sure why this happened, but it hasn't happened since; and that wasn't even my sweatiest ride.

I recommend these gloves.

First pair of full finger gloves intended for mountain biking.

[Jun 01, 2011]
rosco123
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

it is very durable. they last i have bought 2 pairs to alternate and they are both 3 yrs old and still going strong.

none that i have found

theses gloves are awesome they are not hot and are very comfortable.

[Feb 20, 2011]
grantjennings

OVERALL
Strength:

Strength and Style

I had a nasty 30 MPH downhill crash and landed on my hands skidding on rocks and gravel, these gloves save my hands cuts and skin loss, still wearing 1.5 years after the crash and they are in great shape

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.