Fox Head Mojave Gloves

Fox Mojave Glove is a full thumb short finger glove with light palm padding, breathable spacer mesh and embossed Airprene flex panel.

[Oct 26, 2009]
gotdurt

OVERALL
Strength:

Full thumb, plus much more for the older generations, although that's irrelevant now

The new generation ('09): Runs small, poor construction, practically no padding, useless little straps with velcro that came off after 2 rides. After a couple of months of use, I'm done... I'm back to using some old ones for now.

I'm really disappointed in the new gloves. I've been a huge, loyal fan of the Mojave gloves since my first pair in '98, and they only seemed to improve the excellent glove each generation after that... until now; the new gloves are junk. It saddens me, really. Get it together Fox... I guess it's time to move on and find an new favorite, although full thumbs are hard to find.

Several older versions of the Mojave, plus various others over the years.

[Aug 16, 2009]
Cornflake

OVERALL
Strength:

Full thumb, sweatpad, comfortable palm padding

velcro closure

Love my old Mojave gloves. Had them around ten years. I finally just completely wore them out. My new ones were a complete redesign. First impressions were that they did not fit as well (a little tighter) and did not seem to be as heavy duty. The velcro closures in particular seemed flimsy. In fact, after only four rides, the velcro closure on my left glove broke completely. Very disappointing. Would love to have a new pair like the old ones...the closure is still good on those! I will be replacing my new ones soon, but honestly don't know with what.

Older Fox Mojave, Fox Sidewinder

[Jun 19, 2009]
Neuner

OVERALL
Strength:

Hold up great. I've had two pairs of these gloves over the past 6+ years and never have they frayed or fallen apart

When mine get wet from sweat they stretch and become dangerous. This doesn't occur right when they are new but slowly over time so that after about a summer of riding, it is hard to hold on to the handle bars after my hands start sweating.

The only reason I got rid of my first pair was because I had to cut the glove off of my broken hand.

Even though mine aren't showing much wear & tear, I'm needing a new pair due to the stretching. Debating whether or not to give a different brand a try.

[Oct 25, 2008]
Dial Tone

OVERALL
Strength:

Very breathable, great for summer riding, great for XC riding, fit and quality

None found--seriously.

Absolutely the best gloves I have ever owned! Perfect for XC riding, very comfortable even in 90+ degree riding. So far no fraying or ripping of seams. I have OTB'd with these and not a scuff. Also washed regularly when it starts to stink and it has held up great.

I wear a size 11 and the fit is great while a size 11 on a Fox Dirtpaw is a bit snug. Same company so the sizing should be the same right? Go figure.

I have the '08 model and is a lot better looking than the previous years. I would most definitely buy again if/when this pair eventually wears out.

Tour Master Summer gloves (motorcycle specific), Fox Dirtpaw

[Jul 11, 2003]
Justin

OVERALL
Strength:

cut fingers for easy finger action, terry cloth for sweaty forhead, TUFF

Over 2yrs and and a handfull of bad crash&burns havent found any yet!

Bottom line i was surprised to see anything less than five chilis. For one of the other posts, you dont get cut offs and expect to be warm in the cold...duh.
Like i said before been through some major crashes super man style and these gloves still rox! After 2 yrs every stich has maintained true. Everything you could want in cutoffs comfortable,protective, and of course stylish as far as gloves go.:)
Intend on getting another pair when and if these ones ever die on me.

[Mar 25, 2006]
Jean Artiges

OVERALL
Strength:

The materials of the gloves are really good and very resistants for their thickness. There is also a really good ventilation for the thickness of this gloves.

the completion of the seams is not enough perfect for the reputation of the brand but not bad...

The 2006 Fox Mojave are really good and if you don't want to spend more than 20 to 25 dollars for a pair of mountain bike gloves, don't hesitate! Go for thems!

[Mar 23, 2006]
Ldopa

OVERALL
Strength:

The smaller three fingers, as well as the outer part of the hand constructed well. Semi padded back hand. Fit very snuggly
for appropriate size, which is a plus. The velcro strap was small and therefore did not protrude.

The outer portion of the thumb (60-70%) was constructed of terry cloth/super thin nylon (literally as thin as pantyhose nylon)with very thin FOAM (very weak foam at that)sandwiched and GLUED between the two. The outer part of the index finger was constructed in the same way. Barely stretching the material caused the inner layer of foam to pull apart and break up. Add the necessary post ride washings to that and you have a glove that is very likely to degrade rapidly on the portion of the hand that holds most of the riders weight. The Fox logo on top of the hand took up space that should have been reserved for more mesh for further ventilation

Would have been a very good glove if the terry cloth was minus the foam, and double wrapped then stitched. This would have given the glove, roughly the same thickness but giving it better durability and greater longevity. On a note of personal
opinion, the glove would have also scored higher marks if it had a short thumb, thereby giving the fit more of a consistent feel (something of which many full finger gloves lack).

661,LG's

[Dec 02, 2001]
Sprocketeer

OVERALL
Strength:

Strengths? Yes, exactly, these gloves have strengths like a pair of very expensive all leather work gloves. They break in like a pair of Levi's. This is first class stuff, extremely durable, and reminicent of other great, rough and tumble, enduring American products, such as Zippo lighters and Craftsman toolsets.

Like just about everyone else in this forum says, when they break-in, they get extremely loose and it would be great if FOX had that printed on the label--to make sure and buy a tight fit. I've never seen any other glove loosen up like that; on the other hand, the way they break-in (like a leather baseball glove) is what makes them so good.

What makes these gloves feel and wear so well is that the palm is extremely well constructed of leather without too much fancy, high-tech padding. On the other hand, like many other people, I had problems with my hands going numb on even moderately long rides of less than 10 miles and couldn't take it anymore, so I switched to Specialized Body Geometry gloves--which I'm not entirely happy with either because they're really designed for road (drop) handlebars. Fox would do well to increase the padding on this glove, using leather instead of foam or whatever that crap is they put in other gloves. I think just one more layer of leather protecting the meatier areas of the palms would do the trick.

In the end, these are great gloves if you're not riding for hours at a time, and especially if you need something for really rough conditions. Despite the high quality and durability, I could only really recommend these gloves to weekend warriors.

Specialized Body Geometrics--or something like that--and Fox Longhorns.

[Jan 31, 2002]
Fatso

OVERALL
Strength:

I need a three quarter finger glove and I like fox. Full fingered gloves offer better protection but hotter. I am a road cyclist using dropped bars.

Termination of the fingers ends and stitching. I don't do trails and little chance of hitting branches or fall.

Use with care. Avoid the velcro pulling on the lycra finger gussets. The fox sidewinders (which I had gone through three pairs) are worse in this respect. Fingerless better in handling the velcro closure and give feel to brakes and shifting. Don't need to remove gloves to handle handphones and wallets unlike full fingered gloves. Just nice for the city riders.

Olympic fingerless genuine leather gloves for weight lifting

[Jul 16, 2002]
Gnarly Charlie Farley

OVERALL
Strength:

These have all the features I was looking for in a glove. Decent protection, reinforced palm with padding in the critical areas, protection from running into branches, and a terrycloth area to wipe sweat. They also look good, not too flashy like a lot of the gloves on the market these days.

Sizes run very small (I needed to go up 2 sizes to get a pair that fit a little on the looser side), difficult to take on and off when wet or sweaty, honestly don't look like they'll last more than 2 seasons, tops.

Great glove for the price I paid.......they are lightweight, offer decent protection, don't bunch up or create any 'typical' glove problems..........don't know if I'd pay the full $30 for 'em though? At that price I'd just by my usual MX gloves and cut the fingers...

Sinisalo, Thor, Fox, JT motocross gloves.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.