Fox Head Bomber Gloves

Any biker who has ever cut a corner a little too tight a clipped a tree with their hand will appreciate the Fox Racing Bomber Bike Glove's burly polycarbonate knuckle protection. Designed for freeride and downhill bikers, these beefy gloves also include double-layered Pittards leather palms to increase their resistance to grip abrasion and sliding crashes.

[Jul 16, 2013]
skyungjae
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Knuckle Protection; Extra Palm Padding; Aesthetics.

Overkill; Smothering; Craftsmanship

When I purchased these gloves in Fall 2012, I bought them mostly because they way they looked. I used to have Alpinestars SP2 gloves for when I'd ride my motorcycle. The design and build quality seemed very similar despite not being full gauntlet.

Having taking a spill on the freeway in traffic at speeds I exceed on my bicycles, I figured that it would be a good idea to have that extra protection.

Anyhow, these gloves have held up rather well. After about 1000 miles, the neon green colors turning brown, and the rubber on the tip of the finger peeling back a little I decided to give them a wash, apply some flexible Loctite on the rubber. They're looking brand new and hopefully I can get another 1000 miles out of them.

[Jul 04, 2010]
erockjmet

OVERALL
Strength:

nothing

stitching and customer support

had the 2006 bombers for four years now and still use them. Got the 2010 bombers for christmas, tried them on and the stitching on the palm ripped. Sent them back, waited five weeks to be told I could have a new pair. Wore the new pair for one ride and the stitching in three fingers came out on one hand. The thumb stitching came out on the other. Crap product and crap customer service. Wish I could get another pair of the 2006 bombers.

2006 fox bombers

[Sep 12, 2009]
Tooth McGavin

OVERALL
Strength:

The whole glove is very strong.

NONE so far

If you want a glove where you do not feel brush hitting your knuckles these are the gloves for you. Also good if you are a bouncer haha. GREAT GLOVES

Tons of Fox, Troy Lee Designs, Thor, Specialized, Pearl Izumi

[Aug 19, 2008]
MRanderson

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong, Carbon Fiber, Thick yet Comfortable, Grippy
Read Below

A little hot, Velcro comes undone
Read Below

The bottom line is, listen to the guy who has used them for 2 years. Everyone else used them for a maximum of 3 months, except one. I bought these for dirtbiking. I ride enduro; moist, rock trails on my dirtbike. I have crashed a couple times on rocks, and I don't use handguards. And I was fine. Not to mention I have ridden on MTBs for a year and a half. There has only been a 1/4 inch of rubber coming off a finger. The carbon fiber feels good on your knuckles too, not uncomfortable. And they are good and grippy, my only mistake was washing them, some of the padding behind the carbon came out. No biggy though. Ya they're $40 but they are the best your gunna get for protection. TWO THUMBS UP!!

SixSixOne gloves, other Fox gloves, Mechanix gloves.

[Jul 26, 2008]
bbspecial

OVERALL
Strength:

Lots of protection, carbon fibre nuckles, good extened section on the wrist cuff to proctect you

bit hot, the wirst cuff has some solid stuff on the side it to protect you but it kinda get in the rode

Note: these are the new versions, they seem to have fixed the problem with the thumb stitching.

great glove, excelent protection with carbon fibre nuckles which you can't even feel but really protect you.

the best feature of these is the wrists. the cuff is really long and is extended on the outer side so that you don't dameage the bone on to of your hand. it does get in the way abit if you are riding and hiking but fine if you are doing dowhiling like me. deffinetly not a XC glove

it is also made of really thick material on top... fake leather or something. it offers great protection but does get a little bit hot.

fox dirtpaw

[Jul 25, 2008]
jesterspaw

OVERALL
Strength:

They look cool

Too hot for year around use. Fall apart after a few months

After less than three months the right glove split along the seam on the right thumb. I hadn't crashed and they didn't get snagged on anything. For $40 I'd expect them to last a little longer. I guess it's time to go back to the Inclines, they lasted me over 2 1/2 years. Bottom line...DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THESE GLOVES!

Fox Incline

[Jun 22, 2008]
Sean

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks & feel while trying on at LBS

Seams coming apart after 3 rides - no crashes either! Also the velcro cover has separated from the closure tab. VERY hot to ride in, even for a DH glove.

I usually like Fox stuff, I have a fox helmet that I would buy again in a second but these are terrible. Three rides is all they made before they started coming apart.

Avoid as they are a waste of money.

Shift, Louis Garneau

[Jun 05, 2008]
scepticshock

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks tough and offers good coverage

Not that tough. Seams open with little use. Hot for summer riding

After only a few rides the seams started opening up and a hole appeared in the tip of the thumb. After I sewed up one hole another appeared after another ride. This was not crash damage. My Dianese Oni's hled up for a year and a half of beating till they finally fell apart. The Unibomber may be better but that remains to be seen. I would steer clear of the Bomber.

Fox Side winders, Dianese Oni

[Jul 07, 2007]
Gaer

OVERALL
Strength:

The newer version glove I own work great. I broke my a knuckle on my right hand not wearing gloves. I have these and they protect it great.

Knuckle protector is big enough but tends to slid sometimes not covering all of the knuckle

These gloves do an overall good way of protecting your hand and have great grip I reccomend.

[Jun 09, 2007]
Roger

OVERALL
Strength:

The look is toughness and slick. Very lightweight and airy.

Very lightweight, too lightweight in fact after one month the seams let go. Neither DGY nor Fox were were willing to help in any way. The glossy plastic knuckle armor is sized for a very small glove, it does not cover the span of the knukles on a human hand.

Lots of great dealers to patronize and lots of other good companies to consider rather than Fox or DGY.

Icon and Teknic

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.