Troy Lee Designs Stage Full Face Helmet

Available At

The all-new for 2018 Stage helmet redefines mountain bike safety, style, comfort and ventilation. The lightest full-face helmet in its class combines EPP (for slow speed impacts) and EPS (for high speed impacts) in one sleek package, that will set a new benchmark for mountain bike enduro helmets.

Available Models:

• Stage Race
  • Stage Stealth

[Nov 06, 2019]
CrzyMD

OVERALL
Strength:

As an ER/trauma physician, I am always looking at helmets. Cycling has one of the highest injury rates among all sports head injuries. This is mainly because of inadequacy of the helmets themselves. Most cycling helmets (not DH helmets) are only rated up to 15mph. How many of us ride over 15 mph in our rides (100%). After 15 mph, they don't offer much protection. I have smashed several already just riding. I laugh at the Tour De France riders coming down mountain sides at 55+mph and thinking their heads are protected. Motocyclists went thru an evolution in helmets also. In the 60's riders were using half helmets. Now riders wouldn't even think of not using a full face helmet. I predict that within 5 years, the same will be of mtb riders (except XC riders). In fact, in competition we are already there. So I welcome these new lightweight, well ventilated, full face helmets. No need to wear a half helmet anymore. There are several good ones out there now, and no reason to compromise your safety.

The only weakness I see is the cost. I bought a TLD Tactical helmet. It was on sale, so I got it below MSRP. The only complaint I have is that it is difficult to get my earphones in, once the helmet is on. Other than that, its awesome! I have tried on several other full face helmets, Leatt, Giro, Bell Super R (the worst helmet fit ever!), Fox Proframe, etc. By far the TLD fits the best (but with all helmets you need to try it on first. I have an oval head). Some other people have round heads.

Price Paid:
$236 (MSRP $295)
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2020
  • Available At

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.