SixSixOne Comp II Full Face Helmet

SIX SIX ONE Comp II Full-Face Helmet '11 was designed with the entry-level Gravity rider in mind, with its lightweight polycarbonate shell plus Panorama Eyeport, and aggressive venting channels All helping to keep the rider confident in pushing their limi

[Jul 23, 2014]
Surya Harris
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks amazing, well vented, and very lightweight

Visor keeps snapping, to buy a new visor costs £26, the top screw holding the visor in place, the visor part at the top keeps snapping, how can i fix this?

Amazing, looks awesome it's just the visor keeps snapping and that is a HUGE let down.

Bell Super

[Jul 23, 2012]
Kona_CT

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit - it fits my head perfect. The medium was right in line with mediums of other brands (Pro-Tec BMX and Smith snowboard). Ventilation - I didn't even notice I was wearing a fully on my last downhill session. I think my head sweats more wearing my BMX lid. Style - I got compliments on the styling of the white one. Weight - very light weight. Again, I forget it's on. Price - got it for wicked cheap at hucknroll.com.

D ring clasp - not as easy as a clip, but if I loosen it I don't need to completely undo it to take it off and put it back on.

Overall this is a great full face helmet. I feel safe wearing it because it fits well. I barely notice it's on because it's so well ventilated and light. And as a kicker it looks great.

[Jun 10, 2012]
ivan326

OVERALL
Strength:

Extremely light, not bulky, non restricting, quick release D-ring strap, well vented, offers a wide angle of vision, looks super badass.

Well hopefully none since I'm yet to crash in it. :)

This is a super dope helmet at an affordable price. It's so light and has such a wide angle of vision that its almost like your not wearing a helmet plus it looks super sick and doesn't look huge on your head. If ya like it, buy it. You won't be dissappointed.

[May 23, 2012]
MONSTER_rockstar

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, cheap, comfortable, well vented, Panorama Eyeport, fits my thor hero's really well! really nice helmet for the price.

Non so far.

A really high quality helmet for the price, got to be one of the best entry level helmets out there!

[Feb 26, 2012]
Brhocker

OVERALL
Strength:

lots of holes to keep ya cool
light
cheap

great helmet check out my review here

[Feb 11, 2012]
Mountainbikeguy
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

I know this is not the right forum for this, BUT does anyone know how to adjust the strap so it is tight under the chin?

Confusing Chin Strap.

Appreciate the full face protection, BUT just wondering whether the chinstrap should be snug or not.

First Full Face I've owned,since I fell on my face.

[Aug 24, 2011]
jsauce23

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, design, comfortable, light and doesnt block view at all.

Can get a little hot on a good climb, but its perfect when flying down or doing some technical terrain. Just take off your helmet to cool down a bit, we all need a break.

Arguably the best entry level full face helmet available for the price. All helmets break anyways so if your not a downhill guy, this is helmet is more than sufficient.

First FF helmet, 661 mx shin/knee guards

[Aug 18, 2011]
ehigh

OVERALL
Strength:

I found that this helmet is all I really need while riding more serious and technical trails. I'm not always hitting big jumps and drops, so I figured I wouldn't shell out all my money on a Troy Lee helmet. This is the only FF helmet I've worn riding, but I don't experience problems with it. Simple strap, helmet fits my head nice, takes crashes, looks fine, breathes well enough. I take it off sometimes to cool down, but I do that with my regular XC helmet anyways.

Looking to get some red spray paint and get some over-spray on the helmet by their logo to add a little detail.

The designs are a little bland if you're super concerned about that.

If you want something really fancy, I guess you could shell out $450 for a TLD D3 Carbon-but this helmet is all I need.
Funny thing about the D3 is it doesn't even get a DOT rating.

Great helmet for the price. You could shell out a bunch of money for "better" helmets, but better helmets won't make you a better rider. better helmets save your head, but this still has the same rating as most entry level FF helmets. It isn't a motocross helmet, so don't expect it to be one.

remember, this won't save your collarbones

My only FF helmet

[Jun 22, 2011]
Herger

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, comfortable, will presumably protect my teeth in a crash

The graphics. The sun visor has a hard time getting low enough.

Second time I used this helmet was on Porcupine Rim (started from Hazard). I really expected some comfort problems as I'm really only used to wearing a standard helmet (Giro Hex). Had NO problems at all except for forgetting I was wearing a full face helmet and spitting right into the mouth breather area. I really wanted to be :| with it but how can you not laugh at something like that?

I gave a 4 for overall because of the sun visor issue.

No other full faces, just several Giro regular helmets and a Giro Surface (skate style)

[Jun 22, 2011]
cloud25
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, nice fit, best value + branded, good ventilation

At some point you can't tighten the visor.
my oakley crowbar MX goggles snug on the helmet instead of face, it's really a problem when crossing rock gardens

I personally think this is the best entry level-wallet friendly-good looking-full face helmet
and it's 661 too, not local product, so you can wear them with confidence

as for the protection and performance compared to high-end model, I don't think there are significant advantages, they will all breaks. Injuries depends on how riders react as they fall, unless you're going 40 km/h heading straight on a tree and your brake fails