Pro-Tec Shovelhead Full Face Helmet

A Pro-tec Shovelhead takes a classic round silhouette, incorporates strategically placed ventilation ports and the revolutionary SXP multiple impact technology to create the new choice of head protection for the fastest racers on the circuit. The Shovelhead optimizes an outer shell made of composite fiberglass combined with Pro-tec's exclusive SXP Multiple Impact liner to create a full face helmet that is extremely low profile, lightweight and exceptionally durable.

Colors:
CE/CPSC Certified

[Dec 27, 2009]
jscusmcvet

OVERALL
Strength:

Well made, fairly light, good visibility

Even though there are many vents, they are blocked by foam and netting, leading to almost no airflow. Shiny black only color available.

I like the helmet due to it's light construction and snug fit. I cannot see running this helmet in the summer due to the lack of airflow. when I got home tonight I cut out some of the foam (from the chin bar) and all the netting that covers the air vents. If that does not help the air flow, back to the drawing board...

I did like having a full face and took some more challenging lines because of that. Even though I only spent $30 on ebay, I could not give this 5 chilie rating for value because it really doesn't seem to make that cross over to trail riding that I was hoping for...