Giro Switchblade MIPS Full Face Helmet

Best Price At
Best Price At

The Switchblade MIPS features the new Roc Loc® Air DH fit system, which has a bumper around the dial to prevent accidental adjustments if your helmet contacts your backpack or neck brace—all while keeping you cool. When the chinbar comes off, Wind Tunnel cheek pad ventilation adds even more cooling power as you start to climb. Plus, the full-cut style gives this helmet an aggressive look and provides ASTM certified coverage even when the chinbar is removed. When your ride is all about descending, your helmet should be too, and the Switchblade MIPS is the only removable chinbar helmet that is truly built for the down.

OVERALL
Strength:

This is an awesome helmet. Its comfortable and well ventilated. The chin bar is DH rated and snaps in easily. When carrying the chin bar it fits well in your pack and isn't awkward or bulky. Most important, I have crash tested this model a number or times. I've replaced it once. First significant crash was in Bend, Oregon. I went OTB and hit the ground hard. Second crash was in northern California. Joaquin Miller Park. I was riding too aggressively on a new bike, flew off, and smacked my head on rock. Big ding in the helmet, scrapped up chin bar, and a little stunned. However, my face and noggin were fine. I bought a new helmet and got back on the bike. I routinely wear elbow pads, knee pads, and G-form shorts. This helmet has saved my brain. I can't recommend it enough. Unlike the other helmet brand with a removable chin bar, the Giro does not squeeze your face. A drinking hose works well... a bottle doesn't (unless the chin bar is removed).

Without the chin bar you look a little odd. The design covers your ears. Thus wearing ear buds is sometimes annoying. You can't get your fingers into the helmet to push an ear bud back into your ear. Only Giro goggles fit well. 100% goggles squeeze your nose shut. Others may too. On the flip side, you're protected from impact as well as the sun. Helmet has been used from Utah to Oregon and during hot summer rides. Its ventilation is excellent considering the protection it provides. I'm sold.

2017

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.