Giro Remedy Full Face Helmet

Available At

Premium full face mountain bike helmet. The fiberglass-shelled Remedy offers the same level of protection, ventilation and attention to detail as its big brother-the Remedy CF-yet manages it all at a nice price. It's built for long park sessions, big mountain riding, cleaning sketchy, exposed lines, or anything else in the gravity realm. Key features like a washable interior liner, no tool visor adjust, and matchless graphics make the Remedy the preferred choice by the best riders on the planet

[Oct 16, 2019]
Downhill_Dingus

OVERALL
Strength:

I bought the bright Green (Phoenix) Remedy for the relatively low price and wicked design! Bright green with a bunch of monsters and blood all over it had me sold. Made me look great while shredding the PNW's downhill trails ;) BUT... I suffered a nasty and on-going brain injury (14 months and counting) with this helmet. It probably saved my life, but I'm wondering if there are more protective helmets out there...

Unfortunately, after over-shooting a jump on A-Line (Whistler), getting launched over the bars onto my face and getting immediately KO'd followed by no vision, drunken balance, ringing ears, and hours of amnesia; - I have been suffering many serious concussion symptoms for the past 14 months and counting! I have been spending big bucks seeing all sorts of specialists to (hopefully) help me recover... *** I'm not sure if any other helmet could have lessened the impact, but take this as a warning.*** Brain injuries are NO JOKE! I would never wish this misery upon my worst enemy :( In terms of feel, this was BY far the hardest I have ever bonked my head. I seriously thought I was dead right after it happened. It felt like there was an explosion inside of my skull followed by an out of body experience, and I've been dissociated ever since (August, 2018).

Price Paid:
2013
[Feb 09, 2012]
hodaddy2001

OVERALL
Strength:

Unfortunatly I had to test the strength last weekend and I am writeing today.... Over the handlebars off the trail into a tree head on would have been face first but turned head last second aside from a couple minutes laying there wondering what happened and horrible ringing in the ears. I am fine. I have taken many a diggers but not like that one. I was completly off the ground flying and hit the tree so hard I spun around and landed behind the tree.

Wife didn't get paid the life insurance........Pads are a pain to put back together after washing

I am completly sold on this helmet and will continue to use it from here on out, great looking helmet but will save your nugget.

fox and 661

[Dec 31, 2011]
mbell

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort. Luckily I haven't had to test the "Strength" of it yet.

Can't take the pads completely out.

It's a great helmet. Fits well and seems really comfortable in warm climates. It's also a good find it you've got a big head. I wear a 7 7/8" fitted cap and the large Remedy fits me perfectly.

[Dec 17, 2011]
frickinGUY

OVERALL
Strength:

protected my head during a nasty spill. pulled my shoulder, had a concussion, knocked out for a bit. the helmet took the brunt of the impact and cracked. my head falls in between a M and L @ 58-59. originally bought a M but it was too snug, returned for an L and it was a little loose but not that noticeable.

a bit heavy but that's okay if it makes for better protection

it works as advertised. heard you get a crash replacement on Giro helmets of 30 or 40% off. now that's a deal.

Kali, fox

[Aug 16, 2010]
nealfix

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, Comfortable

Breaks easily

Great helmet until you crash hard. The chin guard broke and the side of the helmet crushed in driving my sunglasses into the side of my face and eye. A friend had the same experience but his really caved in. My old Bell took a way bigger hit and stood up to it. It did crack at the chin strap attach points but never caved in. My next helmet will be something stronger.

Bell

[Jun 24, 2010]
Uncle Six Pack

OVERALL
Strength:

pretty good ventilation, weight, looks nice, can wear sunglasses with it

This is a fantastic helmet and some online dealers are giving great discounts, which made it a no-brainer for me.

full-face motorcycle helmets

[Jun 18, 2010]
DHmonkey123

OVERALL
Strength:

light, smashing good looks, compatible with goggles unlike some others, well ventilated

BUY THIS HELMET!!!!! it has saved me from many a branch and lots of those rare OTB moments that i have. surprisingly, the 06' model is fun to CLIMB in!!! if you have a full face that you can climb in, it must be SUPER well ventilated. Vision is spot on as well and isn't to hard to see the trail ahead, especially with that adjustable visor. this was a trade i will never regret.

bell drop, bell bellistic

[Jun 09, 2010]
paintmc

OVERALL
Strength:

- Looks..A nice choice of designs for everyone.
- Very good fit and I tried them all...Trust me
- Solid and protects my coconut....I am on my 3rd Remedy
in 12 months and have limited brain damage
- Well vented
- Seems to work with most goggles

Most important PRO to this helmet that no one has
mentioned is the fact that it comes with a lifetime
crash replacement. I save about 40% of the sale price.

- A bit warm on hot days...but aren't all FF helmets like that
- Visors don't last long even with small spills

I am a beginner / intermediate rider and crash alot. So this helmet not only protects my nogen but also limits the money I shell out on new ones. A great buy from a great company.

Mace

[May 30, 2010]
two6labs

OVERALL
Strength:

Fabulous Helmet. Cool Graphic's, Tons of Ventilation,Very Comfortable,Removable inner pad-set.

None so far

I have to wear a Full face... I have perfected the art of using my face to break any fall. I have in the last 2yrs had some 55 stitches in my face and I removed 5cm of my chin... I LOVE this Helmet! It is worth every penny...

Bell Drop, Giro switchblade, Pro Tec Openface.

[Feb 01, 2010]
atchipmunk

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks Great, Lightweight, Good Ventilation, Good Protection

Nothing other than being a bit warmer than wearing an XC helmet

This helmet rocks! It looks great, offers great protection, has good ventilation, and gives you the added courage to tackle the gnarliest lines. It's especially great when you get it for cheap on sale/clearance!

Azonic Fury, Bell Drop

• Available At

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.