Dainese D-Raptor Full Face Helmet

Ultra-lightweight, specifically designed for downhill racing, high ventilation with fiberglass outer shell and differentiated density foamed polystyrene inner shell.

[Jun 17, 2011]
midas
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, great fit, transparent visor

wind makes noise passing through vent holes as you are travelling at speed!

Although I already had a Giro Remedy, which I was very happy with, as soon as I tried this on I had to buy it! Much lighter than the Giro and a better fit, so much that going back to the Giro made me realise it was giving me a headeache...
Haven't crashed since I bought it, so I don't know how well it does in that department.

Giro Remedy

[Oct 02, 2008]
jumpmasterart

OVERALL
Strength:

Lite wieght,great air venting,clean grafics,price competitive,

can't find any yet.

All I could say is this is one of the nicest helmets I've used since I got my D2.And I never thought I would change helmets,but since I've been using this helmet for free riding and downhill racing it's been great.#1 it feels lighter then my D2,#2 I feel it breathes bertter then my D2,#3 it looks clean (black grafic also white grafic,and the more popular transperant.),but we all know the Troy lee D2 paint jobs can't be beat.
I know most people don't know Dainese makes a helmet ,but this is one to check out.

Bell helmets DH,661 Brovo DH, Troy Lee D2

[Sep 25, 2006]
Corey

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks amazing! light, breathable, very comfortable, very strong, DAINESE QUALITY!

No good place to put on a helmet light or helmet cam.

I went riding with the Dainese pro riders the day after I bought this and went head first into the point of a rock. The impact was well dispersed and I hardly felt it. The helmet held up very well for the speed I was going with minor scratches and a minor crack. It's not a streetbike helmet so I'll keep using it.

Protec

[Jan 17, 2008]
Steve Marshall
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, comfortable, good visibility, and I can hear people when I am wearing it.

None that I can see

Great helmet - expensive but what price is your head worth? Less constricting than my Giro Remedy and doesn't give me a headache like the Remedy.

Giro Remedy

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.