Sette Impact Pressure Suit Armor and Pads

• Injection molded protection plates

[Jul 13, 2011]
TopTico

OVERALL
Strength:

I just got it and haven't ridden with it. But...
Light weight; Vented; Comfort; Price. The pads seem to be strong enough to protect against impacts. Mesh-like material feels really comfortable against skin. The spine protector feels and functions fine, Prob not too comfortable with backpack on, but doable.

Mesh material feels comfortable but yet to be tested against pulls and falls. Can't really lift my arms/elbows past shoulder height, seems to be due to shoulders pads and underarm cut. Kind of hard to put on and take off against naked skin(easier with UA on). At first I thought I had the wrong size, cuz elbow and forearm pads moved down a bit, but i think is just how is gonna be cuz everything else seems to fit fine.

Price/Protection combination was by far the best around. Everything seems to be good materials and well constructed. Mobility restrictions are minimal and only due to having rigid pads protecting you. I supposed is comparable to riding with a full helmet and nothing on your head. Quid pro quo, you sacrifice lil comfort for safety.

[May 12, 2010]
wheelbenderz
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

cheap

suit zipper tab crumbled in my fingers the very first time I tried it on...(now using a paper clip)..cast plastic protectors are separating from the suit(bad stitching)...the under arm stitching is coming apart...front protection plate rides up on your chest as you ride...only one forearm strap..constant re-adjustments...booooo!

You get what you pay for...you pay a cheap price....you get a cheap suit...I wrote the "Sette" company ... sent them pictures of the problem areas, told them their suit falls apart while trying it on and needs a lot of work...They said they would look into it and that it got a lot of good reviews????....reallY???

[Jan 15, 2010]
Anonymous
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Complete protection (Chest, back, forearms, elbows, shoulders, and biceps). Good tight fit on chest and back, no creep up my back like my 661.

Only one strap to secure to your forearm. I found that the forearm and elbow protection would slide down a bit between each run while lifting by bike in and out of the truck.

I would recommend this product, however I will be altering it by sewing on another strap or two for my forearm.